H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-09-2012, 11:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Wibs is on a distinguished road
Default Will the H2 come back

Hi, just curious if anybody heard about the chances of GM bringing back the Hummer ?

Thank you
Old 08-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will the H2 come back

Maybe in about 15 to 25 years when technology can produce a better fuel / power efficient motor..

Bring it back with some new styling like the Dodge Dart, or some old long thought dead vehicles..

Realistically, I don't see the H2 ever coming back. Maybe the HX might make a debut under a different car manufacture. I think most of us have come to terms that Hummer is dead.

Only chance right now is a foreign company buying it... But we heard that story before..

I honestly think the HX could revive/renew interest.. They just need to produce it. I think it is a very strong contender against the jeep wranglers, and would kill any mid Suv make that goes against it.

It has a very respectable engine and mpg iirc V6 with 200+ HP. Damn good looks and seems very capable off road.

Ehhh only 16 more years until I can get collector plates for my H2
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 08-10-2012, 03:04 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wibs
Hi, just curious if anybody heard about the chances of GM bringing back the Hummer ?

Thank you
I think that would be VERY unlikely. I've never heard of a 'brand' being resurrected. Sure they resurrect models (Dart, Challenger, Charger, Ford GT, VW Beetle, etc.), but I've never seen an entire brand get resurrected. HUMMER, Pontiac, Mercury, Plymouth, Saab, Saturn, all gone forever...oh, and let's not forget GEO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellz
Maybe in about 15 to 25 years when technology can produce a better fuel / power efficient motor..

Bring it back with some new styling like the Dodge Dart, or some old long thought dead vehicles..

Realistically, I don't see the H2 ever coming back. Maybe the HX might make a debut under a different car manufacture. I think most of us have come to terms that Hummer is dead.

Only chance right now is a foreign company buying it... But we heard that story before..

I honestly think the HX could revive/renew interest.. They just need to produce it. I think it is a very strong contender against the jeep wranglers, and would kill any mid Suv make that goes against it.

It has a very respectable engine and mpg iirc V6 with 200+ HP. Damn good looks and seems very capable off road.

Ehhh only 16 more years until I can get collector plates for my H2
Old 08-10-2012, 03:28 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

ya i seen that pic for awhile now... lets just hope they do produce it.
they already have working prototypes.. and testing should be all done on it.. the next step is to actually put it in production.

i could see them waiting just a little bit longer and maybe change some of the styling to make it not look so much like a baby hummer, and something more in line with GMC styling. i can see them waiting to see how the new 4 door jeeps are selling too.... no sense in putting out a 4 door off road vehicle if jeep 4 doors arent selling that good...

so ya, the Hx is really the only thing left of Hummer that has any chance of making it in to production. ( not really a comeback as it was never produced)
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 08-12-2012, 02:47 AM
Hummer Professional

s_c5519 is on a distinguished road

Well while you are holding your breath, in the meantime you can buy this for $579k

http://autos.yahoo.com/news/conquest...-20120809.html

Last edited by s_c5519 : 08-12-2012 at 02:54 AM.