H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-17-2005, 11:14 PM

Patriot is off the scale

Taken from another site:

I've been comparing a Honda Civic HX and Toyota Prius.

According to Edmunds.com the invoice prices for those 2 vehicles are:

$19,314 for the Toyota Prius
$12,764 for the Honda Civic HX

$6,550 price difference

According to the website above, these are the average MPG's for those vehicles.

56 mpg for the Toyota Prius
39 mpg for the Honda Civic HX

I average about 15,000 miles per year on my vehicles. Right now the price of gas near my apartment in Seattle is about $2.60 a gallon. With those figures, the website says that in a year I will spend on gas:

$994.70 in the Honda Civic HX
$701.62 in the Toyota Prius

That is a savings of $293.08 per year.

With that savings it appears that it would take approximately 22 years or 335,000 miles before I would recoup the initial costs of purchasing a hybrid over a conventional vehicle!

Even going from my current vehicle which is a Hyundai Elantra which gets 30 mpg to the best hybrid, the Honda Insight, which gets 57 mpg, it would take me just over 10 years to recoup my costs. And that's if I bought each of those brand new right now. My Hyundai is 3 years old and paid for.

So if you're looking to buy a hybrid to save money on gas you might be in for a real shock on how little the savings really are. Try out that website for yourself and see.

By the way, what I’ve stated above doesn’t even factor in other costs such as higher insurance and maintenance. The hybrids do have two engines, which could increase maintenance costs. CV transmissions can’t be cheap to work on. Plus, there is some speculation that the battery packs are only good for 100,000 miles and range in price from $3,000 to $7,500 to replace depending on the vehicle. Could you imagine having to buy a new engine for your car every 100,000 miles? Sure, the auto manufacturers say the battery packs are good for the life of the vehicle. If that were true however, why wouldn’t they guarantee them for that long instead of the standard 8-year warranty? The battery issue could also hurt the resale value of the vehicles.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:14 PM

Patriot is off the scale

Taken from another site:

I've been comparing a Honda Civic HX and Toyota Prius.

According to Edmunds.com the invoice prices for those 2 vehicles are:

$19,314 for the Toyota Prius
$12,764 for the Honda Civic HX

$6,550 price difference

According to the website above, these are the average MPG's for those vehicles.

56 mpg for the Toyota Prius
39 mpg for the Honda Civic HX

I average about 15,000 miles per year on my vehicles. Right now the price of gas near my apartment in Seattle is about $2.60 a gallon. With those figures, the website says that in a year I will spend on gas:

$994.70 in the Honda Civic HX
$701.62 in the Toyota Prius

That is a savings of $293.08 per year.

With that savings it appears that it would take approximately 22 years or 335,000 miles before I would recoup the initial costs of purchasing a hybrid over a conventional vehicle!

Even going from my current vehicle which is a Hyundai Elantra which gets 30 mpg to the best hybrid, the Honda Insight, which gets 57 mpg, it would take me just over 10 years to recoup my costs. And that's if I bought each of those brand new right now. My Hyundai is 3 years old and paid for.

So if you're looking to buy a hybrid to save money on gas you might be in for a real shock on how little the savings really are. Try out that website for yourself and see.

By the way, what I’ve stated above doesn’t even factor in other costs such as higher insurance and maintenance. The hybrids do have two engines, which could increase maintenance costs. CV transmissions can’t be cheap to work on. Plus, there is some speculation that the battery packs are only good for 100,000 miles and range in price from $3,000 to $7,500 to replace depending on the vehicle. Could you imagine having to buy a new engine for your car every 100,000 miles? Sure, the auto manufacturers say the battery packs are good for the life of the vehicle. If that were true however, why wouldn’t they guarantee them for that long instead of the standard 8-year warranty? The battery issue could also hurt the resale value of the vehicles.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:53 PM

gorton is off the scale

you forgot to add the fact that your H2 takes up the space of 3 Civis on the roadway, thus being the root cause of traffic jams. Carry on private Pile.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:09 AM

LasVegas is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorton:
you forgot to add the fact that your H2 takes up the space of 3 Civis on the roadway, thus being the root cause of traffic jams. Carry on private Pile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>On the contrary. H2's keep traffic flowing by pushing all the turdboxes out of the way opening free lanes behind them!
Old 08-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorton:
you forgot to add the fact that your H2 takes up the space of 3 Civis on the roadway, thus being the root cause of traffic jams. Carry on private Pile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you type that with a straight face?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LasVegas:
you forgot to add the fact that your H2 takes up the space of 3 Civis on the roadway, thus being the root cause of traffic jams. Carry on private Pile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>On the contrary. H2's keep traffic flowing by pushing all the turdboxes out of the way opening free lanes behind them! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That and I would have to say that I see a minimum 5 or 6 civics for every H2 that I see on the road. Keep 1 civic on the road for each H2 and we are set.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-18-2005, 12:37 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Whooo hoo - my name is at the top of the list 7 time now - it make ssense to me right now - no one else will have a clue what I am talking about
Old 08-18-2005, 12:42 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

you forgot to add the fact that your H2 takes up the space of 3 Civis on the roadway, thus being the root cause of traffic jams. Carry on private Pile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I would think that my H2 takes up much more space than 3 civis. I mean you can put 5 civis in the seats alone. If they all stood really close together, I would bet you could get a good 20-30 civis in the same space that it takes to put a H2.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:31 AM

4churchill is off the scale

you forgot to add the fact that your H2 takes up the space of 3 Civis on the roadway, thus being the root cause of traffic jams. Carry on private Pile. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HOMO

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 08-18-2005, 10:34 AM

gorton is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4CHURCHILL:

HOMO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

care to elaborate. sounds like you have the iq or an orange peel. faggot.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:54 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4CHURCHILL:

HOMO </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

care to elaborate. sounds like you have the iq or an orange peel. faggot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm ... and iq or an orange peel? ? Looks like 4CHURCHILL has the iq and you have the orange peel!

Old 08-18-2005, 11:11 AM

h2sin is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patriot:
there is some speculation that the battery packs are only good for 100,000 miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honda Insight has been in production since 2000 and I never heard of an IMA battery that went out on it. Your speculation is wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Patriot:
CV transmissions can’t be cheap to work on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

no transmission is cheap to work on
Old 08-18-2005, 11:22 AM

Patriot is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2sin:
there is some speculation that the battery packs are only good for 100,000 miles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honda Insight has been in production since 2000 and I never heard of an IMA battery that went out on it. Your speculation is wrong.

no transmission is cheap to work on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY ****STICK! Maybe you missed the "taken from another site"....

YOU ****ING ****BAG...it wasn't my analysis!!

So take your ****TARD comments and stick them up your BLEEDING VAGINA!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 11:44 AM

h2sin is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2sin:

So take your ****TARD comments and stick them up your BLEEDING VAGINA!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did I hurt your feeling?
Old 08-18-2005, 12:22 PM
Hummer Authority

TXSUT is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:

Did you type that with a straight face? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, his cheek was bulging from the cock he was sucking.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:47 PM

h2sin is off the scale

CV transmissions can?t be cheap to work on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So take your ****TARD comments and stick them up your BLEEDING VAGINA!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

2nd grade math and you called it an analysis? what are you, a retard?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:02 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

What a completely idiotic statement. The "root cause of traffic jams"? Are you f'ing kidding?

Do you have a problem with the Ford Excursions/ Dodge Rams/ Nissan Armadas/Toyota Sequoias(the list goes on)? I bet you don't even give ANY of these a cursory glance. And you know why? Because they're outside the parameters of your programming. You're just another pathetic troll that's been told what to think and now you're just acting the role of drone.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, seeing as he purports it's the "root cause," I would also suspect he's suggesting traffic jams started 3 years ago.
Old 08-18-2005, 02:39 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Well, seeing as he purports it's the "root cause," I would also suspect he's suggesting traffic jams started 3 years ago. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then what the F*** was I doing sitting on the highway going nowhere fours years ago for.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights