H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

I just bought a 2003 white H2 w 17k miles off ebay the other day for 34.5k$. It has all the Lux and Adv features (as per the Specifications section in this forum) including air ride. I want to know if this H2 is an actual Lux model, Adv model or a basic model with tons of add-ons. I have the vin which is 5GRGN23U33H131325.

Can anyone tell me if this VIN confirms if it is a Lux model, Adventure model or a base model? Does the vin tell me anything else I need to know (I pay for and pick it up in 4 days, so I can walk if the VIN tells me something bad such as write-off history). I have a copy of the Title too, and in the section for 'model', it is blank?

BTW - is 34.5k$ good for a low mile H2 with Lux and Adv features plus the bush bar, tube steps, 3rd row seat, swing tire rack, chrome package, sunroof, flowmaster exhaust upgrade, ram air upgrade, chrome gas cap, chrome hood thingy (the side pieces only), and chrome hood latches.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

I just bought a 2003 white H2 w 17k miles off ebay the other day for 34.5k$. It has all the Lux and Adv features (as per the Specifications section in this forum) including air ride. I want to know if this H2 is an actual Lux model, Adv model or a basic model with tons of add-ons. I have the vin which is 5GRGN23U33H131325.

Can anyone tell me if this VIN confirms if it is a Lux model, Adventure model or a base model? Does the vin tell me anything else I need to know (I pay for and pick it up in 4 days, so I can walk if the VIN tells me something bad such as write-off history). I have a copy of the Title too, and in the section for 'model', it is blank?

BTW - is 34.5k$ good for a low mile H2 with Lux and Adv features plus the bush bar, tube steps, 3rd row seat, swing tire rack, chrome package, sunroof, flowmaster exhaust upgrade, ram air upgrade, chrome gas cap, chrome hood thingy (the side pieces only), and chrome hood latches.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 03:41 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Man if your happy with it go for it. It's all about what your willing to pay and what your happy with. Some might say it's a great deal, some might say it's a crappy one. And by the way if it has 3rd row it's most likely a LUX series. And if the sun roof doesn't leak than I see no problem with it. Just tell the guy since it's aftermarket he should take a few hundred off. Never know he might go for it.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:43 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

By the way if your still worried CarFax it. It might be the best few bucks you've ever spent.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:58 AM
Hummer Authority

MovinH2 is off the scale

Kelly's says 40k plus for that H2 in my area.

Engine: V8 6.0 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: 4WD
Mileage: 17,000

Another Report

Free CARFAX Record Check

Search Used Vehicle Listings

Finance Your Vehicle

Insure Your Vehicle

Equipment
Lux Pkg
Air Suspension
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Multi Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Integrated Phone
OnStar
Dual Front Air Bags
ABS (4-Wheel)
Traction Control
Leather
Dual Power Seats
Third Seat
Power Sun Roof
Roof Rack
Privacy Glass
Running Boards
Grille Guard
Premium Wheels

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks new, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. This vehicle has never had any paint or body work and is free of rust. The vehicle has a clean title history and will pass a smog and safety inspection. The engine compartment is clean, with no fluid leaks and is free of any wear or visible defects. The vehicle also has complete and verifiable service records. Less than 5% of all used vehicles fall into this category.

Private Party Value $40,340
Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:07 AM

rodster is off the scale

VIN numbers are deciphered as follows. (Disclaimer: this was posted by a forum member, Hillary in '08 , in '03.) Original post is here.

5 - Country of Origin (USA)
G - Manufacturer (GM)
R - Make (Hummer)
GN - Car line/Series (H2)
2 - Body Style
3 - Restraint System
U - Engine
Insert ninth digit here - check digit
3 - Model year (2003)
H - Assembly Plant (Mishawka, IN)
Insert 12th through 17th digits here - production serial number
Old 10-04-2005, 04:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

Thanks guys.

So does the '2 - body style' tell me if it is a Lux, AZdv or basic model? Or should the Title not state the model (Lux, Adv, basic)? Or does a Lux get defined as that simply if it has the added features as per the Specifications section. I know the Lux was referred to a 1SC if I had the orig invoice, but the seller does not have this so I can not tell for sure.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2005, 04:25 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dna:
Thanks guys.

So does the '2 - body style' tell me if it is a Lux, AZdv or basic model? Or should the Title not state the model (Lux, Adv, basic)? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't think the VIN or title will tell you that.

I can't be much help on determining if you have a LUX or adventure package since I don't own an '03. Not sure if the differences between the models then and now are the same. FWIW, I was told at the dealer that the sunroof is standard equipment on the '05 LUX. Maybe an '03 owner can offer a more qualified answer.
Old 10-04-2005, 04:36 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I think rodster is right. The lux has a standard sunroof. But the other problem is the tail lamp guards are supposed to be standard on the adventure series. The air compressor is standard on adventure, but not on the lux. I think realistically, there's not much difference between the two except for what's listed above. A lot of the first 03's were fully loaded anyways. Looks like the only thing you were missing from being fully loaded was the sunroof. You have the chrome etc...

'03 H2
Old 10-04-2005, 10:41 AM
Hummer Professional

Hummertech is off the scale

I can tell you there has been very little warranty work done to it, so that means there are a lot of common problems that the 03's had that may pop up on you. Here is a copy of the options it has.
OPTION CODES
AG1 - ADJUSTER, DRVR FRT SEAT POWER AG2 - ADJUSTER, PASS FRT SEAT POWER
AR9 - LEATHER SEATING SURFACES (INCL. HEATED FRT SEATBACKS & HEATED FRT/RR CUSHIONS) AS3 - THIRD ROW SEAT (DELETES REAR CARGO MAT)
BVE - TUBULAR ASSIST STEPS ***DEALER INSTALLED*** B37 - RUBBER MUDDER FLOOR MATS ***DEALER INSTALLED***
C6P - 8600 LB GVW RATING DK6 - OVERHEAD CONSOLE
DL7 - MIRROR, O/S LH & RH REMOTE DNR - DEALER INSTALLED EQUIPMENT
E52 - ONE PIECE LIFT GATE W/LIFT GLAS FE9 - 50-STATE EMISSIONS
FF8 - LH TORSION BAR FF9 - RH TORSION BAR
GT5 - REAR AXLE - 4.10 RATIO JH6 - BRAKES, HYD POWER 4 WHL DISC
KA7 - HEATED FRT SEATBACKS & HEATED FRT/RR CUSHIONS KG3 - GENERATOR 145 AMP
K16 - AIR COMPRESSOR LQ4 - VORTEC 6000 V8 SFI ENGINE
MSK - MISHAWAKA, IN. PLANT M32 - 4-SPEED ELECTRONIC HEAVY-DUTY AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
NT9 - EMISSION SYS FEDERAL TIER 2 P2R - MARKET BRAND HUMMER
QA3 - 17-IN CAST ALUMINUM WHEELS QHW - LT315/70R17 ALL-TERRAIN TIRES
R13 - CHROME APPEARANCE PACKAGE INCL: *BRUSHED ALUMINUM CROSSBAR RACK ***DEALER INSTALLED*** (REPL. ROOF RACK IN 1SB PKG) *CHROMED EXTERIOR DOOR HANDLES *CHROMED EXTERIOR MIRROR CAPS SLM - SALES STOCK ORDER
UC6 - AM/FM IN DASH 6 DISC CD CHANGER UQ7 - SPEAKER SYSTEM 11, BOSE
VB5 - BUMPER FRONT COLOR VS1 - FIRST AID/SUPERTOOL/FLASHLIGHT
VT5 - BUMPER RR COLOR KEYED VXS - VEHICLE COMPLETE
V20 - BRUSH GUARD V33 - FIRST AID/SUPERTOOL/FLASHLIGHT
V67 - BRUSHED ALUMINUM CROSSBAR RACK V73 - VEHICLE STATEMENT USA/CANADA
XHW - TIRE FRT LT315/70R17 YD3 - BASE AXLE
YD6 - SPRING, RR BASE EQUIP YE2 - AIR SUSPENSION PACKAGE INCL: *AIR COMPRESSOR *AIR SPRINGS
YHW - TIRE RR LT315/70R17 Y92 - MERCHANDISED PKG SPC EDITION
ZHW - TIRE SPARE LT315/70R17 ZM6 - AIR SPRINGS
ZY1 - COLOR COMBINATION SOLID 1SB - 1SB ADVENTURE SERIES AIR SUSPENSION PACKAGE INCL: *AIR COMPRESSOR *AIR SPRINGS BRUSH GUARD FLOOR MATS, FR & RR CARPETED - ***DEALER INSTALLED*** AM/FM 6-DISC IN-DASH CD CHANGER FIRST AID/SUPERTOOL/FLASHLIGHT CROSSBAR ROOF RACK (BLK) ***DEALER INSTALLED*** OWNERCARE/ LIMITED WARRANTY *24 HOUR ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE *3 YEAR/36,000 BUMPER-TO-BUMPER SEE DEALER FOR DETAILS
1SZ - PREFERRED EQUIPMENT SAVINGS 50I - WHEAT INTERIOR TRIM
50U - WHITE 502 - WHEAT
6GG - COMPONENT FRT LH COMPUTER SUSP 7GG - COMPONENT FRT RH COMPUTER SUSP
Old 10-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

L.E. Sniper is off the scale

I don't know if this will help, but we have two 2003 h2s. The first is the lux model, its vin # is 5GRGD23U33H104***. The second is the adv. model and its vin # is 5GRGD23U93H141***. As you can see the only difference in the vin number on mine is the ninth number. The
lux is a 3, and the adv is a 9.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:11 AM

rodster is off the scale

From http://www.independentdealer.com/titling/titling5.asp.

Understanding Vehicle Identification Numbers

By Keith E. Whann

First Digit: Denotes the nation of origin. Some manufacturers use numeric characters(1 = U.S.A., 2 = Canada) and others use alphabetic characters (J = Japan, W = Germany).

Second Digit: Denotes the manufacturer.

Third Digit: Denotes the vehicle make and/or type. Manufacturers use both numeric and alphabetic characters to identify their divisions, denote the vehicle is a passenger vehicle, or may combine the second and third digits to identify the manufacturer.
Taken as a whole, the first three digits of the VIN make up what is commonly referred to as the "World Manufacturer Identification."

Fourth through Eighth Denotes the vehicle description series.
Digits: Both alphabetic and numeric characters are used in these positions, as desired by the manufacturer. These digits will identify items such as the model, series, body type, engine type or restraint system.

Ninth Digit: Is the check digit. The check digit is calculated based upon a mathematical formula which assigns a numerical value to every alpha character in the VIN. All characters than have a numeric value and are multiplied in a standardized equation. The sum of the products are then divided by eleven. The remainder from the divided number becomes the check digit. If the remainder is ten, the check digit will be an "X." For additional information on the calculation of the check digit, please see below.

Tenth Digit: Denotes the year of manufacture. Will always be an alphabetic character (T = 1996, V = 1997, W = 1998, X = 1999, Y=2000) through the 2000 model year. The numbers 1-9 will be used for model years 2001 through 2009, with the letters A-H to be used for model years 2010 through 2017.

Eleventh Digit: Denotes the assembly plant.

Twelfth through Seventeenth are the sequential production numbers.

CALCULATING THE CHECK DIGIT

STEP 1
Assign to each number in the VIN its actual mathematical value and assign to each letter the value specified for it in the following chart:

ASSIGNED VALUES:
A=1 G=7 N=5 V=5
B=2 H=8 P=7 W=6
C=3 J=1 R=9 X=7
D=4 K=2 S=2 Y=8
E=5 L=3 T=3
F=6 M=4 U=4

STEP 2
Multiply the assigned value for each character in the VIN by the position weight factor specified in the following chart:
VIN POSITION AND WEIGHT FACTOR:
1st = 8 10th = 9
2nd = 7 11th = 8
3rd = 6 12th = 7
4th = 5 13th = 6
5th = 4 14th = 5
6th = 3 15th = 4
7th = 2 16th = 3
8th = 10 17th = 2
9th = check digit

STEP 3
Add the products from steps 1 and 2 and divide the total by 11.

STEP 4
The numerical remainder is the check digit which would appear in the 9th position in the VIN. If the remainder is 10, then the letter "X" is used for the check digit.