H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-01-2006, 04:35 PM

4ophenia is off the scale

Might want to check out Hadley products.

www.hadley-products.com

They list all kinds of compressors and air horns. I picked up the Hadley Bully-Electric Dual Air Horn Kit (code: XXXH00961EA). It's real loud! Dealer installed compressor and horns between grill and radiator. Hooked the horn wires right into steering wheel horn pad. Threw the wimpy factory horn away. Horns are metal so they won't crack in freezing temps. Plus, it comes with an air hose that attaches real easily to compressor through the grill slots. The one I chose is a bit pricey, but I figured with air horn and air hose - it's kinda like a "two-fer".

Repressed as a child, but no more ....
Old 03-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I noticed about midway on frame(outer side) there is a metal plate coming down verticaly with holes for mounting a bracket for the male coupler.It could be mounted straight down and cover it with a rubber cover when not in use so dirt doesnt get in.Easy access to hook up air hose .Its out of the way enough so it doesnt get hung up off roading.Also it wont get in the way if you remove sidesteps for serious offroading.

jp's-h3 whats happening with install? Are you spending to much time in the helicoptor?
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

YO SUP, FOURFOURTO!
Well I finally got the compressor install finished, I'm going to start a new discussion in this forum (technical), under master flow
mf-1050 air compressor intallation. w/ pics.
I should have it posted by early thursday eve.
have a good one!
Old 03-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great I probobly wont install till next week .I have to get the compressor to my brother this weekend and he can bring it in to work.Were going to see if I can change to standard shop fittings that way if original hose goes I can use my 25 foot one I use at the beach.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 03-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Hummer Expert

jp's-h3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Keep me posted fourfourto