H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 08-08-2005, 06:27 PM

boulderhummer is off the scale

Spoke to service manager today about the problem with noisey marker lights. He told me that he is telling customers who are having them installed that there is a potential they will make noise. They have only installed 3 marker lights so far, and there is only a major problem with one install, "Jersey Guy's" rig. I ordered the lights, but don't know if i should have them install them when my truck comes in next week. what do you guys think?
thanks
bret
boulder, lux, chrome pack, trailer, marker lights?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:27 PM

Spoke to service manager today about the problem with noisey marker lights. He told me that he is telling customers who are having them installed that there is a potential they will make noise. They have only installed 3 marker lights so far, and there is only a major problem with one install, "Jersey Guy's" rig. I ordered the lights, but don't know if i should have them install them when my truck comes in next week. what do you guys think?
thanks
bret
boulder, lux, chrome pack, trailer, marker lights?
Old 08-08-2005, 06:42 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Having not heard the noise, it is hard for me to say if you should install them or not, but damn they do look good. I have heard what I am guessing is the same, or similar, noise in an H2 and it was horrible. Just as everyone has described, it comes and goes in the H2 I have heard it in. Somewhat seems like it has to do with cross winds to me based on the times I have heard it. Can be going at the same speed in the same location and hear it one day and not the next. Don't know if it was the same thing though.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-08-2005, 06:43 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

Bret
A bit biased here, as my were installed 10 days ago and no problems. They look good I must say and I have the Boulder Grey also.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:12 PM

thanks for imput guys,,,i agree i think the lights look great and a must to have!! i just want the vehicle right ya know. i need to makie my mind up soon, expected delivery is the 14th!!
Old 08-08-2005, 07:30 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by boulderhummer:
thanks for imput guys,,,i agree i think the lights look great and a must to have!! i just want the vehicle right ya know. i need to makie my mind up soon, expected delivery is the 14th!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for update Boulder,you picked good day to get H3 its my Bday as well.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:33 PM

I think your mind is made up, Boulder
Old 08-08-2005, 07:39 PM

Happy B-day First!!! and your right George,,,i'm just trying to play devils advocate,,haha
Old 08-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Hummer Professional

FLYINGBADGER2006 is off the scale

I am entertaining the idea of buying the Marker Lights. As mine red H3 did not come with them. How easy are these to install, Has anyone done a self install? I imagine the Dealer can do it for about $90.00 an hour labor charge. Look forward to hear about anyones input about the installation.
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:22 PM

Had mine done recently. The lights were $535.00 and installation was $290.00. Would not have attempted self instal myself/
Old 08-08-2005, 09:23 PM

richk is off the scale

Mine where making a whistle noise. Today I had the dealer check them and they installed sticky foam tape under the front. They told me that this has been fixing the issue. I am anxious now to see if it made any difference.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:51 PM

Lucci is off the scale

I've had mine 2 months, paid dealer 585.00 installed. No noise till last week. I need to get up to about 60mph before it starts acting up, almost like bee's buzzing at top of windshield. When it's very windy, or around semi truck turbulance, it gets more pronounced. Dealer states they will fix on Wednesday by inserting foam tape and resealing; he says that has worked in the past. I kind of wonder though, as some have said the screws are too long. (service guy says no) if the screws were not too long, how would air get under the marker lights in the first place? There would be a tight seal, air would not get under and there would not be a buzzing noise. I will let you know after they are "fixed"
Old 08-09-2005, 02:18 AM
Hummer Professional

Posted 08-08-05 05:51 PM
I've had mine 2 months, paid dealer 585.00 installed.

Did I read this right Lucci!?
You stated your marker lights were $585.00 insatlled! Where may I ask did you take your H3. Was it the Bergstrom Hummer in N.Milwaukee off the Hwy 45? As I am in Wisconsin and it would be awesome if I could get this done for under $600.00. Looking back at Georgemarc reply, He states he paid $535.00 and $290.00 for the install. I would almost be willing to tackle this job to save close to $300.00.
I do have knowledge in audio and video installs in vehicles. But I would hate to play frankenstein with my NEW H3 exterior and interior.
Victory Red, Auto,Lux, Cashm w/ eb interior, tow pkg, BFG all terr 285/75/16 incl. spare, black side step bars, SMA chrome hood handles, Kenwood DVD, K&N Air Intake, McCulloch 8000K H.I.D. headlights, Custom made 100% sheepskin seat covers, Dual DVD headrests,SMA dual exhaust,Roof marker lights.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:32 AM

I did not want to pay the $290 but even more so, I didn't want to **** up my new H3.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:08 AM

at my dealership in PA, the price is 695 and includes install. they will not modify the installation by putting tape, foam or silicon. they don't want to deviate from Hummers instructions, so i don't know what to do. guess i should cancel the order and purchase at another hummer dealer that will make the truck right.
let us know how you make out rich and lucci
Old 08-09-2005, 09:34 AM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richk:
Mine where making a whistle noise. Today I had the dealer check them and they installed sticky foam tape under the front. They told me that this has been fixing the issue. I am anxious now to see if it made any difference. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rick,I installed a piece of plain edge molding on the front of my marker lights take a look.
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2005, 04:01 PM

richk is off the scale

Did the edge molding make a difference?
Old 08-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Hummer Expert

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by richk:
Did the edge molding make a difference? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes made big difference.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:59 PM

Lucci is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FLYINGBADGER2006:
Posted 08-08-05 05:51 PM

Did I read this right Lucci!?
You stated your marker lights were $585.00 insatlled! Where may I ask did you take your H3. Was it the Bergstrom Hummer in N.Milwaukee off the Hwy 45? . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yes on the "heard me right" and sorta on the dealer.
I puchased from Bergstrom Hummer in Madison
Old 08-10-2005, 01:13 AM
Hummer Professional

Awesome! Thanks Lucci. I will have to make an point to drive to Madison to get this done. Any points of contacts?