H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-20-2007, 10:25 PM
Hummer Veteran

waikikiTed is on a distinguished road
Default Have to share my excitement being a new H2 owner!!

Just got my H2 last week..........I'm so excited about it because it truly has been my dream vehicle for quite awhile. I have a pretty tricked out TJ as well as a very sharp 300C which is my company supplied car. BUT.....

(long but joyous anecdote follows) I always figured if I wanted to upgrade to an H2, I'd have to sacrifice my TJ since the wife was adamantly against having a Hummer as the family vehicle. I couldn't part with the TJ just yet, too much love there.

Well, well, well............ her (wife's) SUV was starting to give us post-warranty issues lately and I, being a traveler for my job, couldn't have any peace of mind, thinking of her driving my 2 year old little boy around, in a car that could be giving her problems, and me being out of town to not be able to help should they have issues. We have no family in the state as we only recently relocated for my job so there's no one for her to call for a hand when she needs help. I buckled into letting her get a "new" car as opposed to putting some $$$ into the repiar that her ML was gonna need and dealing with it for another year or so. She wanted to look at the Commander or a Caddy SRX as a 'mom' car........ walking thru the Caddy lot,(who just happens to be the Portland area Hummer dealer as well!!!) past the menacing H2's, I ignored them, went towards another batch of SRXs, toward some Pre-Owned Escalades. BUT the wife was transfixed staring at the H2. Odd.....I ignored it. I have previously rented H2and H3s via Hertz when traveling hoping she'd get the bug- but she never did. Only complained about the poor visibility of the H3.

She test drove the Escalade and felt it was too "truck-like" She tested the SRX and thought "nice, but feels like the 300C. Very "car-like". Then, like little Red Riding Hood looking for the perfect bowl of porridge- decided to try the H2 for the sake of humoring me and it was "jsu riiiiight". Note, I NEVER once indicated we should look at the H2. I ignored it completely. When we test drove it, I sat in the back with the little guy and didn't even ask to get behind the wheel. After discussion, we left.

That night she wouldn't stop talking about the H2. She LOVED it. Said it felt so safe, so luxurious, drove with a feeling of security like a truck, but a classy comfort of what she thought the Escalade should feel like, but didn't. She made her demands for it having to include a sunroof and 3rd row seat (so she didn't seems easy I guess.)

I had to contain my giddiness. Do my research, make it look like it was a great thought, but maybe not practical at this time, blah blah blah......... I WAS GOLDEN!!!!! Went back, redrove the SRX, said "are you sure?????? its not cheap and poor on gas....." I tried to look open minded.

Monday evening we drove off the lot with our H2!!!!! (and a new Hummer jacket I had to buy as well while there, just because) There's nothing that makes me happier than the temporary fear of ripping apart the garage door frame when hearing the antennae scrape pulling in the garage. It reminds me of the fact that I have my H2 AND kept my other toys!!!

I also love the controversy that having the car causes. Especially when someone feels compelled to point out the 11 MPG of the H2, not at all realizing that their Inifinty QX is getting the same 11MPG, or their Escalade is getting 12 MPG.......probably much worse than that cuz they dont know how to keep the tires inflated properly or change their air filter & having a tune up!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Default Re: Have to share my excitement being a new H2 owner!!

dang... didn't realize how long that was gonna be. Sorry for "waxing eloquently"!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:29 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!! Good for you!!!
Old 04-20-2007, 10:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats and welcome!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikikiTed
Just got my H2 last week..........I'm so excited about it because it truly has been my dream vehicle for quite awhile. I have a pretty tricked out TJ as well as a very sharp 300C which is my company supplied car. BUT.....

(long but joyous anecdote follows) I always figured if I wanted to upgrade to an H2, I'd have to sacrifice my TJ since the wife was adamantly against having a Hummer as the family vehicle. I couldn't part with the TJ just yet, too much love there.

Well, well, well............ her (wife's) SUV was starting to give us post-warranty issues lately and I, being a traveler for my job, couldn't have any peace of mind, thinking of her driving my 2 year old little boy around, in a car that could be giving her problems, and me being out of town to not be able to help should they have issues. We have no family in the state as we only recently relocated for my job so there's no one for her to call for a hand when she needs help. I buckled into letting her get a "new" car as opposed to putting some $$$ into the repiar that her ML was gonna need and dealing with it for another year or so. She wanted to look at the Commander or a Caddy SRX as a 'mom' car........ walking thru the Caddy lot,(who just happens to be the Portland area Hummer dealer as well!!!) past the menacing H2's, I ignored them, went towards another batch of SRXs, toward some Pre-Owned Escalades. BUT the wife was transfixed staring at the H2. Odd.....I ignored it. I have previously rented H2and H3s via Hertz when traveling hoping she'd get the bug- but she never did. Only complained about the poor visibility of the H3.

She test drove the Escalade and felt it was too "truck-like" She tested the SRX and thought "nice, but feels like the 300C. Very "car-like". Then, like little Red Riding Hood looking for the perfect bowl of porridge- decided to try the H2 for the sake of humoring me and it was "jsu riiiiight". Note, I NEVER once indicated we should look at the H2. I ignored it completely. When we test drove it, I sat in the back with the little guy and didn't even ask to get behind the wheel. After discussion, we left.

That night she wouldn't stop talking about the H2. She LOVED it. Said it felt so safe, so luxurious, drove with a feeling of security like a truck, but a classy comfort of what she thought the Escalade should feel like, but didn't. She made her demands for it having to include a sunroof and 3rd row seat (so she didn't seems easy I guess.)

I had to contain my giddiness. Do my research, make it look like it was a great thought, but maybe not practical at this time, blah blah blah......... I WAS GOLDEN!!!!! Went back, redrove the SRX, said "are you sure?????? its not cheap and poor on gas....." I tried to look open minded.

Monday evening we drove off the lot with our H2!!!!! (and a new Hummer jacket I had to buy as well while there, just because) There's nothing that makes me happier than the temporary fear of ripping apart the garage door frame when hearing the antennae scrape pulling in the garage. It reminds me of the fact that I have my H2 AND kept my other toys!!!

I also love the controversy that having the car causes. Especially when someone feels compelled to point out the 11 MPG of the H2, not at all realizing that their Inifinty QX is getting the same 11MPG, or their Escalade is getting 12 MPG.......probably much worse than that cuz they dont know how to keep the tires inflated properly or change their air filter & having a tune up!!!

My Video Collectionez

Old 04-20-2007, 10:39 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Congrats!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

zmanH2 is on a distinguished road

I bet you really planned everything to your advantage. Every step of the way!

Congratulations on the new H2 and welcome! Here's a dance number for yah
Old 04-20-2007, 11:22 PM
Hummer Expert

BigPoppa1411 is on a distinguished road

You should submit this to GM marketing department. They could use it for a commercial!
Really happy for you.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the Club...just keep and eye out for us crazy Canadians!!

Cheers!
Old 04-20-2007, 11:57 PM
Steve - SanJose

Quote:

Most of the the critical people are so lame they can't even calculate their gas mileage correctly.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Steve - SanJose

Congrats on the new H2. Sounds like the right rig for your family's needs.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:59 AM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 04-21-2007, 01:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the warm welcome you guys!

Expect lots of questions from me along the way as I'm never happy leaving stuff "well enough" (ie "stock"!)
Old 04-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks for the warm welcome you guys!

Expect lots of questions from me along the way as I'm never happy leaving stuff "well enough" (ie "stock"!)

I didn't even look at your name. Did you get it down at Pflueger? I live over at K-Bay. I drive a yellow SUT.

Post Pics when you get a chance.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Last edited by GLBLWARMR : 04-21-2007 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:20 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Have to share my excitement being a new H2 owner!!

Did you use a hypnotist or a warlock to brain wash your wife into the H2?

Welcome aboard!
Old 04-21-2007, 01:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

GLBL: Aloha! We actually moved late last year from Ewa Beach to Portland/WA State for my job. Worked at Queen's for quite a few years and then took a new job w/ travel causing me to need to move to the West Coast. I miss Oahu, but have to admit, I dig the Pacific NW. I keep the waikikiTed moniker cuz on other boards, thats just what people know me by after all this time. Has a nice ring to it!

Speaking of Oahu, do you have any idea what the deal is with that Rainforest Cafe lookin' jungle themed H2 that drives the island? I used to see it everywhere!

AFICIONADO: I still can't get over the fact that she felt compelled to want that H2. I swear I really had no intention and was hellbent on at the very least getting her to consider an 06 Escalade over the SRX, and then compare it to a Cherokee SRT. The dealer nudges and winks to me, like HE's going to help me win her over and I told him off to the side to seriously not even bother, I refuse to let her be able to say that I ever talked her into it.

Sometimes it all works out in the end...............
Old 04-21-2007, 01:39 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road

Well I'm glad it worked out for you in the end. I guess sometimes dreams do come true!

BTW: Can you give me the number for that hypnotist? I need him to see a few people...
Old 04-21-2007, 07:37 AM
Hummer Veteran

The Juice is an unknown quantity at this point

You excitement is justified. You both made the right choice.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Congrats and do not worry about the length of Your post. You have not had to read one of the novels that TAZ writes. I'm surprised some of the old forum Buds have not mentioned that yet. LOL

Welcome

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-21-2007, 09:14 AM
Hummer Veteran

RichS is on a distinguished road

First of all let me congratulate you on your H2! It's amazing how similar your story is to mine! I've always wanted one and my wife has loved the 2 since it came out. One day (about a month ago) we test drove th H2 for the first time, I let her drive it because I already new I wanted it, and once she drove it the deal was sealed. We drove it home that day. I'd say it was 75% my wife pushing for it. I didn't have to say anything! And she loves the fact that she feels safe in it. Now if I could just get her out of it!
'05 Daughter-Luxury and Adventure Package (Sweet!)
Old 04-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Hummer Veteran

vip808 is off the scale

Quote:
Speaking of Oahu, do you have any idea what the deal is with that Rainforest Cafe lookin' jungle themed H2 that drives the island? I used to see it everywhere!
That H2 was painted by Cosmic Air Brush for Camp Timberline up here in Makakilo..it was one of the first H2s on the island
http://cosmicairbrush.com/feature/Hummer/index.shtml

Aloha and welcome to H2 Ohana (family)

Last edited by vip808 : 04-21-2007 at 04:10 PM.