H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-27-2003, 03:36 PM

TankGirl is off the scale

Hello everyone, 2 weeks as an owner and new member. Have a question: My '03 H2 has the Lux option. It has the leather seating but the seat bottoms and backs have a nylon type insert and no heated seat system. Door says it was manufactured 10/02. I thought they all came with heated seats?
I'm sure all you experts have the answer. By the way, best vehicle I've ever had and I really use a vehicle up here in north snow country!!

2003 Red Metallic
Old 11-27-2003, 03:36 PM

Hello everyone, 2 weeks as an owner and new member. Have a question: My '03 H2 has the Lux option. It has the leather seating but the seat bottoms and backs have a nylon type insert and no heated seat system. Door says it was manufactured 10/02. I thought they all came with heated seats?
I'm sure all you experts have the answer. By the way, best vehicle I've ever had and I really use a vehicle up here in north snow country!!

2003 Red Metallic
Old 11-27-2003, 03:38 PM

cmb31078 is off the scale

Congrats on the new hummer and welcome to the club!! Not sure about the seats but I am sure one of us has the answer.

Craig

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension

04 Pewter H2- Lux,nav, air suspension
Old 11-27-2003, 03:58 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I thought: the leather seats should have real leather everywhere you sit on and where your body touches, fake leather elsewhere. The spots you described should be real leather. All leather front seats should be heated. Not very clear about what you described.
Congratulation! welcome.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:16 PM

I went out and took another look to better discribe: All seats, front, rear, and third row all have this heavy grey cloth panel where your butt and back touch. All the seat wings and backs appear to be grey leather. Maybe I'm describing the standard cloth seat but it has all the other Lux option features( 6 disc changer, roof rack, 3rd row seat, custom floor mats, etc.)

03 Red Mettalic, Lux, Brush Guard, Rear Tire Carrier, Airaid
Filter
Old 11-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe the seats you are describing are in fact the cloth option seats. They as you know do not come with the heat option. Check out your new car sticker and see if the lux series was factory installed. If it was it should include the leather seats. If not, maybe the other lux options were dealer installed. Also if you bought it used, maybe the previous owner special ordered a lux package without the leather seats. Did you buy it new or used?

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door
Old 11-27-2003, 04:33 PM

It sounds like I have the cloth seats. I'll have to do a little research on what was on the original sticker. I bought it used with 9K miles..

Filter
Old 11-27-2003, 04:43 PM

2slo4now is off the scale

Welcome

The outside rear view mirrors have stainless steel covers on the lux package. They are black plastic on the others. The roof racks are also bright if you have any. Stainless mirror covers can be installed on a standard mirror to make it look like a lux.

I have never seen a lux package without leather seats.

Dan from Alabama
Old 11-27-2003, 04:50 PM

GOT DIRT? is off the scale

I too believe the Lux package all come with leather seats. Welcome to the club and I am glad to see another red owner, post some pics.
Old 11-27-2003, 04:51 PM
Hummer Guru

TankGirl,
I'll bet after you do your research you will find that the previous owner special ordered a Lux package without the leather seats. He either did this because he wanted to save money or he did not like leather seats. I know people that claim to hate leather seats and would not own a car that has them.
PS/Welcome to the forum.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 11-27-2003, 04:56 PM

H2Dude is off the scale

Tankgirl,

Welcome to the boards. It sounds like the dealer took a base model and added all of the xtras minus the leather seating.

Like 2slo4now mentioned check and see if you have the chrome door handles and mirrors. It sounds like you got a built up base model.
Old 11-27-2003, 05:21 PM

Got the chrome door handles and roof rack..Best that I can tell the original owner just deleted the leather seats..not a problem, love the seats that I have, love the rig,would be embarrased to post pics right now..covered with road snow scum..have had 22 inches of snow since last saturday..more due tonight..bring it on!!! All the more of a reason to own a H2!!!!

Filter
Old 11-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Hummer Guru

You should be out cruising around in it right now. Give me 22 inches of snow up here in NJ and I'd never go home.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 11-27-2003, 06:00 PM

H2Dude is off the scale

I cant even get 2 inches of snow here in Southern California. I have to go looking for it.

I want to see a picture of a Working H2. Post it tank girl.
Old 11-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

There is never a reason to be embarrased when posting pictures of your rig! Unless it has an Escalade front end grafted to it!!!

Relax Road Surfer...

Welcome to the forum.

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)
Old 11-27-2003, 11:07 PM
HummMe

Welcome to the forum. Those are definately the standard cloth seats you are describing. They look like leather on the outer parts and cloth on the inners, but they are actually vinyl.One of the base models I test drove before buying my lux had those seats. Good luck.
Old 11-28-2003, 09:06 AM

drouke is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HUMMERDOGG:
There is never a reason to be embarrased when posting pictures of your rig! Unless it has an Escalade front end grafted to it!!!

Relax Road Surfer...

Welcome to the forum.

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well said.

I've had mine for over a year and got it just in time for all the snow we had here last year. Although I hate the snow, the H2 is no joke when it comes to snow travel. I have had other SUV's but now the idea of any other vehicle besides the H1 saying it's an off-road or a bad weather vehicle, just seems ridiculous to me. At times we got over a foot of snow at a time and I was the only one on the highway driving in the left lane ( they plow the right lanes first ) never once did I lose control or even feel the tires slip. I do envy you Cali guys and I will be residing in a warm weather climate before I croak. As much as I hate the snow, the best truck I've ever owned has at least made it fun to drive in.