H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-15-2006, 06:02 PM
Hummer Expert

MONSTERMATT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 15K SERVICE

Iam due for 15k mile service and i purchased a bunch of royal purple products, 14quarts atf fluid, and 6 quarts 75w90 gear oil, all this cost me in excess of 200$. Sooo, i call dealer and tell em what i got and they say it will be 230$ labor for this service and that is at a discounted rate!!! that is funny to me cuz if the dealer provided the fluids they said it would be 300 and some dollars, the bottom line is that they are saying im looking at 3 hours labor for the service, does this sound right or not? is there anything else i need, i was reading earlier that i may need a tranny filter,i never knew there was such a thing, and lastly if i know a good mechanic that isnt affiliated with the dealer, do you think he would be fully capable of doing this service?
Old 08-15-2006, 06:58 PM
Hummer Expert

Default Re: 15K SERVICE

THANKS PHIL!!! the dealer is always tryin to bend somebody over and that somebody will not be me
Old 08-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Hummer Professional

SCB51861 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTERMATT
Iam due for 15k mile service and i purchased a bunch of royal purple products, 14quarts atf fluid, and 6 quarts 75w90 gear oil, all this cost me in excess of 200$. Sooo, i call dealer and tell em what i got and they say it will be 230$ labor for this service and that is at a discounted rate!!! that is funny to me cuz if the dealer provided the fluids they said it would be 300 and some dollars, the bottom line is that they are saying im looking at 3 hours labor for the service, does this sound right or not? is there anything else i need, i was reading earlier that i may need a tranny filter,i never knew there was such a thing, and lastly if i know a good mechanic that isnt affiliated with the dealer, do you think he would be fully capable of doing this service?

That brings up a good question. I guess I could read the manual but anyway:
The dealer that services my H2 wanted me to spend $$$$$$$$$at 15,000 miles for the complete 4 wheel drive fluid change. I told him no. He made a note on his computer that I refused it. I then called the dealer I bought it from and he told me that the differentials don't need changed until 50,000 miles. Who is correct??
Old 08-17-2006, 03:07 AM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

HAHA, sounds like my dealer....I was in at 35k to get my laundry list done and the service guy says you know your overdo for the 30k service.....already knowing that, iI say ya okay Doug how much and hes like 1500 and I laughed and said no thanks, I will have it done elsewhere, he said yeah I understand. I said hey 500 bucks its all yours, but he said we can't do it for that.....oh well I said. You think the dealerships would hop on add ons, even if discounted. Hell they got a gazillion auto bays, etc.......
Old 08-17-2006, 05:54 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilD
The diffs aren't scheduled to get a fluid change period. Just a check and top up.
so why is the dealer claiming this is required at 15k ? they are saying at 15k i need a complete flush and pan drop and change the front and rear diff fluid as well, does anyone know what the owners manual says? i cant seem to find mine at the moment
Old 08-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
so why is the dealer claiming this is required at 15k ? they are saying at 15k i need a complete flush and pan drop and change the front and rear diff fluid as well, does anyone know what the owners manual says? i cant seem to find mine at the moment

the dealer wants to make money...
Old 08-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
... does anyone know what the owners manual says? i cant seem to find mine at the moment
Tell them you can't find your manual. I'm sure they'll sell you a new one at a great price.

BTW, did you know that if you click "H2 Details" on the left that there are downloadable copies of some of the manuals?