H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-26-2004, 03:54 PM

SUVGuy is off the scale

This is a quote from Car and Driver magazine: "I loved it [the H2] in photos. Then I saw a real one in the, uh, well, "flesh" is not the right word. I saw it in the plastic. Those cake-pan bumps on the hood? Plastic. You can pop 'em off with your fingers. Those black extenders on the ends of the front bumper? Tupperware tuff for those brutal commutes! Inside, the window sills are high. You look at the world through slits. For the first time ever, you see door-sealing rubber being used as a styling element. The message is "functional," get it? Ten man-size socketheads make a big show of securing wispy plastic cladding to the dash."

A quote from Motor Trend Magazine: "The H2 is big, weighty, expensive, and thirsty. (And it needed a shift into low range to finish a hill climb the Volvo's high-tech AWD scrambled up without drama.)"

-Imagine off-roading in your H2 and getting stuck going up a hill and then passed by a soccer mom in a Volvo X90. How embarrassing!
Old 01-26-2004, 03:54 PM

SUVGuy is off the scale

This is a quote from Car and Driver magazine: "I loved it [the H2] in photos. Then I saw a real one in the, uh, well, "flesh" is not the right word. I saw it in the plastic. Those cake-pan bumps on the hood? Plastic. You can pop 'em off with your fingers. Those black extenders on the ends of the front bumper? Tupperware tuff for those brutal commutes! Inside, the window sills are high. You look at the world through slits. For the first time ever, you see door-sealing rubber being used as a styling element. The message is "functional," get it? Ten man-size socketheads make a big show of securing wispy plastic cladding to the dash."

A quote from Motor Trend Magazine: "The H2 is big, weighty, expensive, and thirsty. (And it needed a shift into low range to finish a hill climb the Volvo's high-tech AWD scrambled up without drama.)"

-Imagine off-roading in your H2 and getting stuck going up a hill and then passed by a soccer mom in a Volvo X90. How embarrassing!
Old 01-26-2004, 03:57 PM
Hummer Authority

ShaggyX is an unknown quantity at this point

Now thats some funny stuff.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:17 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

Get the flame throwers ready...I smell "troll"!!

S&B Member
Old 01-26-2004, 04:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUVGuy:
-Imagine off-roading in your H2 and getting stuck going up a hill and then passed by a soccer mom in a Volvo X90. How embarrassing!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok.... I'm trying to imagine that happening, but all I can come up with is a horrible prison shower rape scene involving SUVGuy.

I'd like to find some dolt that owns one of those Volvos that would be willing to play follow the leader with me. That soccer mom car wouldn't make it 400 yards.

S&B Member since '03
Old 01-26-2004, 04:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SUVGuy:
-Imagine off-roading in your H2 and getting stuck going up a hill and then passed by a soccer mom in a Volvo X90. How embarrassing!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A good friend of mine just turned her Volvo in because part of the drivetrain fell to the ground while driving on the freeway. 3K in damage and 5,000 miles outside of warranty. They wouldn't fix it.

I can't imagine getting stuck on a hill in my Hummer. It's never happened. Your VW beetle, however, would be fun to roll over you dope smoking turd.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:35 PM

Hummer__Viper is off the scale

Of course this guy is a troll. In his first post he is trying to down-grade the H2. Sad very sad.

98 GTS VIPER
03 H2 HUMMER
Old 01-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I would rather someone else post this, but I thought I would get it on now.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2004, 04:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

A Volvo would just run it's headlights in to this one But of course it wouldn't have made it past the entrance anyway after it left its drivetrain on the pavement.
Attached Images

Old 01-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

-Imagine off-roading in your H2 and getting stuck going up a hill and then passed by a soccer mom in a Volvo X90.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point....but since you are "imagining"...why not go a step further and imagine a couple hottie super-models getting out and pushing the H2 up the hill while attending to your other service needs.

Of course, in your case...you'd probably "imagine" a few hunky guys.

I can assure you the one thing you don't have to imagine is what it will be like to get torched on a website...run troll, run!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't help but wonder what type of vehicle this loser "SUVFag" drives. I'm guessing like a piece of **** 1989 Ford Bronco II. Probably all rusted out and on its last leg. And since his Burger King salary will not cover the nut on an H2, this loser resorts to trashing them to convince himself not to buy a vehicle that he could not possibly afford anyway. Besides it's not a good idea to own a vehicle that cost 4 times as much as the trailer you live in. Now get back to work, cars are starting to back up in the drive in!

S&B Member
Old 01-26-2004, 05:33 PM

SJ is off the scale

SUVGuy:

What's a Volvo X90? You mean XC90: the AWD contraption that Volvo sells as a taller likeness of the XC70 wagon?

Yeah, I was thinking about getting one of those and wheeling it at our local bog. What do you think buddy - can I fit a set of 28" swampers on that bad boy; maybe some Edelbrock Headers and that Swedish 5-banger will have all the locals calling me "boss." Maybe I'll upgrade to the 6-cylinder model if I feel like a wildman!

You know the H2 doesn't have any wood grain either - and I don't know if your tea party friends will approve of that.

Old 01-26-2004, 05:36 PM

SJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spike:
I can't help but wonder what type of vehicle this loser "SUVFag" drives. I'm guessing like a piece of **** 1989 Ford Bronco II. ....
S&B Member<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aw, come on Spike - the Bronco II is classic - LOL. My friend had one in high school and we used to beat the heck out of that poor thing. I think it rolled on 26" highway tires to boot.

Old 01-26-2004, 05:40 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Look at SJ shred...you go boy!!!!!
Old 01-26-2004, 05:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

SUVguy + Louisville Slugger + Vaseline...

Let's watch the puppet show mommy!

" S & B Member Since 2003 "

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-26-2004, 05:58 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Guys, guys, guys. He's quoting from car magazines who measure a car's cornering ability, not wheeling ability.

It's like the Amish reviewing an 18volt Dewalt HammerDrill.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:15 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Isn't Volvo owned by FORD now?

Klaus

Rare 2003 H2 with UM8 Integrated Navigation Radio
Skull & Bones Member since 2003