H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-17-2005, 10:26 PM

4churchill is off the scale

What do you usually get as a loaner?

last time I got a Chevy Colorado...they claimed my age (19) excluded me from getting a cadillac or any other lux car. Today they tried a dodge neon followed by a Chevy Cavalier, when I got pissed at the Neon. I politely declined both ****-boxes and asked to speak to the regional Enterprise manager. After a 20 min conversation with the dullard, and explaining that I a.) drove in a HUMMER, b.) will use my own insurance which will cover me for ANY car, and c.) I sell exotic cars for a living, and taking a customer to buy a Bentley in a Neon would be bad for my business, we finally agreed on an '05 Dodge pickup V8.....the highlight of the afternoon, was when they first pulled up in the Neon. I said to the lady verbatum: "Hun, I'm 6'5, 275 lbs, let's make a deal, you get me the bottle of vasoline, and a shoe horn, and I'll be happy to get all greased up and slide into that car..." she damn near died with laughter.

www.HUMMERNut.net

last time I got a Chevy Colorado...they claimed my age (19) excluded me from getting a cadillac or any other lux car. Today they tried a dodge neon followed by a Chevy Cavalier, when I got pissed at the Neon. I politely declined both ****-boxes and asked to speak to the regional Enterprise manager. After a 20 min conversation with the dullard, and explaining that I a.) drove in a HUMMER, b.) will use my own insurance which will cover me for ANY car, and c.) I sell exotic cars for a living, and taking a customer to buy a Bentley in a Neon would be bad for my business, we finally agreed on an '05 Dodge pickup V8.....the highlight of the afternoon, was when they first pulled up in the Neon. I said to the lady verbatum: "Hun, I'm 6'5, 275 lbs, let's make a deal, you get me the bottle of vasoline, and a shoe horn, and I'll be happy to get all greased up and slide into that car..." she damn near died with laughter.

www.HUMMERNut.net

www.HUMMERNut.net
Old 01-17-2005, 10:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Yetti is an unknown quantity at this point

You may laugh ,but I drove neons when I was still a test driver.
When I had my GMC, the dealer gave me a Sedan Deville. it was ok, but it had more rattles then my GMC.
www.wegotmud.com
www.glfwda.org
Old 01-18-2005, 02:08 AM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Always have had a Tahoe LT for a loaner.
Old 01-18-2005, 04:53 AM

RoverRoller is off the scale

I pulled off a C5 red corvette. Told the dealer I was thinking about buying one.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:05 AM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I always get either a Yukon or a Trail Blazer. I'd like to get a C5 or even an Escalade one of these days. Better yet get me into an H1 for a little while, so I can get a taste of what it's like to drive a real Hummer !!!

Ric-H2
Old 01-18-2005, 11:35 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

The latest Worth report had an ad for the H1 Alpha on the back cover. I'd like one of those as a loaner, please.

I've had Chevy Trailblazers in the past, and was very impressed. Handled great, awesome visibility, easy to park. You just feel like you're driving a station wagon height-wise tho, even though I know it's a mid-sized SUV. It did take me some time to readjust to driving the tank. Made me realize the Hummer drives like crap, but heck, it is ever so worth it!

I wish KB would up their treatment of Hummer owners in that regard, Ric. Anytime my husband takes in his Escalade, they provide him with an almost identical loaner - same color at least (they won't match his mods). I would like them to do the same with their H2s.

Stacy
Old 01-18-2005, 12:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

I got a Chevy Impala while mine was last in for service. It was no biggie -- just for one day. I'm not one to complain about the loaner type. But I wouldn't buy one. Now if it was for a week, I'd ask for something more to my liking.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:03 PM

SOCRATES is off the scale

Since my dealership is Hummer/Cadillac, it is always an Escalade or new Deville -- I greatly prefer the former over the latter, as I feel like grandpa when I'm in the Deville.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

Battlebugs is off the scale

My 03 is in shop now, Bob Moore Hummer in OKC put me in an 05 Deville..decent car but they didn't wash it.
Old 01-18-2005, 01:34 PM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

If it is going to be more than 1 day My dealer puts You in a H2 so that You are driving the same vehicle even if it does not have all the gadgets Your rig has. If it is just for that day while in shop He gets You into a more luxury type car. He says if You are going to spend that kind of money I feel that is what My customer deserves. With Him owning the only 2 Hummer dealeship in Ar He could get away with loaning You any peice of junk. He tries to put an elitis status when it comes to Hummer owner.
Which is actaully a good marketng tool as He figures You will tell how You do not wait in Line for service and how nice a loaner you got. You have Your own service dept. across lot as well as sales team.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-18-2005, 01:43 PM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

Most of the time I get an H1 but have had a Deville once and a Tahoe. I take care of them with referals and they take care of me with the H1. From what the dealer says it is not good to let them sit so I get to drive them when I have service done about 75% of the time.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 01-18-2005, 02:33 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

A H2, H1, or C5??? Never happened. Trailblazer, pick-up truck, once a Deville.

Btw, I always pay the minimum insurance with the loaner. Any of yous do that? Once I ask the Enterprise lady abt platinum credit card automatic coverage, and she said "only if you rent the car. Since GM is paying for it, you have to purchase insurance seperately."
Old 01-19-2005, 07:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

JMVH2 is off the scale

I have to have a loner only once and they gave me a trailblazer!
"2003 Sage green LUX, wrapped around brush guard with off road lamps, roof mounted SMA light bar, AirAid Jr. kit, Delphi Touchscreen Navigation Radio with a 6 CD changer and more! Also a member of the HOPE (Hummer Owners Prepared for Emergencies) pro
Old 01-20-2005, 12:52 PM

rvs9 is off the scale

Usually get a caddy, but last time I was in they gave me an H1 for the weekend. Even said to go mudding, but I didn't have the time. I was more than happy to get back into my H2. No comparison on the ride.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

I never get a loaner car. The only thing they give me is a ride home in the shuttle van. I don't go to my selling dealer for service and warranty work, they are 60 miles away. I go to the closest dealer to me that is 2 miles away. It may have something to do with that.