H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

First off, in the past, when I've been pulled over I pull over immediately, turn off my vehicle, roll my window down and place my hands on the top of the steering wheel. Why, you ask? Because I want the officer to feel at ease so that my chances of skating out of a ticket might possibly go up. I DON'T keep driving until I feel like stopping, I DON'T get on the phone and refuse to get off, and most importantly, I DO WHAT THE OFFICER SAYS SO I DON"T GET TASERED!!!!
And with that I bring you this fine Tasering video:
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/co...r_video3a.html

I love it.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:19 PM
Hummer Messiah

First off, in the past, when I've been pulled over I pull over immediately, turn off my vehicle, roll my window down and place my hands on the top of the steering wheel. Why, you ask? Because I want the officer to feel at ease so that my chances of skating out of a ticket might possibly go up. I DON'T keep driving until I feel like stopping, I DON'T get on the phone and refuse to get off, and most importantly, I DO WHAT THE OFFICER SAYS SO I DON"T GET TASERED!!!!

I love it.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Hummer Professional

Harley is off the scale

...hit 'er agin, sparky!!

Old 06-03-2005, 09:45 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw that video on the news here the other day

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Hummer Expert

JMV1210 is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:

I love it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dirty. that's a good point, but let me add to it.

I used to have a 99 Cobra with a 10 PSI ATi ProCharger. The car was fast and any cop pulling my ass over new it. One time I was being pulled over by a officer and I basically followed everything you listed that you do when being pulled over. With one small difference.

As I pull the car over immediately shut off the engine. I take the car keys out and will do either one of two things.
1) Toss the keys onto the roof of the car and place both hands on top of the steering wheel.
2) or hold then in left hand (say you have a vert or your in your H2) with fully left extended arm palm open out the window while the right hand is on the top of the steering wheel.

The first time I did this (and the first time this was not preplanned) the officer approached and asked, "Why did you toss your keys to the top of the roof of your mustang?" I replied, because you guys have enough to worry about and the last thing you need to worry about is me potentially trying to take off on you.

Believe it or not, I think this action on my part worked, as he let me go ticket free. Never have I got away with a ticket before. I think it is effective because you are acknowledging his power in the situation while putting his anxiety at ease.

The first time I did that as I stated above it was not pre thought out, but it worked so well, I do that every time. Tried it after that, and it worked again.

Thoughts?
Old 06-04-2005, 12:40 AM
Hummer Guru

VTSTOMPER is off the scale

What do they say after you tell them you have a gun in here, or a rifle under here? I ask because I carry my glock around from time to time, and always wondered if I would just say "hey, I have a weapon under the seat"
Old 06-04-2005, 12:44 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
If you want to get shown rspect, you need to show some to start with... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I believe there are some trolls around here that need to study that saying

Old 06-04-2005, 12:46 AM
Hummer Guru

Oh my, I feel like I am growing up, over 200 posts

Based on some to the post counts, the name HummerNewbie still fits though

Old 06-04-2005, 01:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

cognitive is off the scale

Are you kidding me? If I said I had a weapon in the car, I'd be:

1. tased immediately
2. shot immediately
3. get the max fine even if the weapon was legal... and even if they already shot me to death.

I love the police but man, this is an unjust world.
Old 06-04-2005, 02:46 AM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VTSTOMPER:
What do they say after you tell them you have a gun in here, or a rifle under here? I ask because I carry my glock around from time to time, and always wondered if I would just say "hey, I have a weapon under the seat" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I tell them immediatly I am armed..where it is..and where my permit is. never a prob...

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 06-04-2005, 03:00 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cognitive:
Are you kidding me? If I said I had a weapon in the car, I'd be:

1. tased immediately
2. shot immediately
3. get the max fine even if the weapon was legal... and even if they already shot me to death.

I love the police but man, this is an unjust world. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I usually don't drive in a manner to be stopped, but I believe the above remarks are BS. If I was armed and stopped I would have no problem informing the officer where the weapon was located. To do otherwise is just plain stupid.

In VA CWP's are in the officer's computer, so you might as well 'fess up. No need to be an idiot.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:10 AM
Hummer Veteran

cognitive is off the scale

I don't think anyone really understood what I was saying.... of course I would be forthcoming w/ that information but in my case it wouldn't matter much what I say.
Old 06-04-2005, 03:25 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I'm licensed to carry for 12 years now and in class one of the first things they taught was A) You are in the computer and they know as soon as they run Your tags and B) show them the courtesy and inform them before they run You and tell them what the weapon is and where it is. I asked an officer about this last year as I just had a chance to bring it up in a casual convo. He said that it is the smartest thing You can do is tell the officer everything concerning the weapon in advance and offer to take out Your permit. He may think You are trying to hide something when He runs Your id. The more honest You are up front He said the more likely He will let You go with no problems. He also said He likes to see keys placed slowly on top but, not really needed just His preference and the same as most of the officers He knows. He also said He absolutely likes to see windows rolled down and hands on wheel. I did not think to ask about int. lights on and he did not offer.
Sounds like most all have a good logic going in this area.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-04-2005, 04:11 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cognitive:
I don't think anyone really understood what I was saying.... of course I would be forthcoming w/ that information but in my case it wouldn't matter much what I say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ok, I'll bite... You're not white and you think you would be attacked by a police officer unjustly. That idea pisses me off.... big time! It's all in the attitude and the perception. What's yours?
Old 06-04-2005, 04:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

I don't think anyone really understood what I was saying.... of course I would be forthcoming w/ that information but in my case it wouldn't matter much what I say. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, we give up. Why are you public enemy #1?
(I can't wait to hear this one.)
Old 06-04-2005, 04:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

LMAO!!!!!

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

Bitch with an attitude. She deserved EVERY single volt. If she didn't give so much stank, she would have been on her way.

My Video Collectionez

Old 06-04-2005, 04:30 AM

firm is off the scale

Ken P- You're a bigot!

With that being said, that lady should have never been tasered. Pull her out the truck, Pepper spray her, whatever!. That taser is way overboard. They are even tasering kids now!
Old 06-04-2005, 04:34 AM
Hummer Messiah

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by firm:
Ken P- You're a bigot!

With that being said, that lady should have never been tasered. Pull her out the truck, Pepper spray her, whatever!. That taser is way overboard. They are even tasering kids now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Wrong, dumb ass. You've said that about other's here before. You don't know ****!
And if it's good enough for a kid, why not everyone? (the kid part is a joke)

**** you dumb ass! You're full of Jesse Sharpton ****! I hate people that judge others so quickly, like yourself.

Oh, did I say **** you and your piss poor attitude.