Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Old 01-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Banned

Old 01-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Banned

(from Fiat Press Release) The "Oltre Fiat" show car was presented today at the Bologna Motor Show in a spectacular display; this unique model confirms the Fiat Group's technological excellence even in the large four-wheel drive and off-road segment.

It is derived from the Iveco LMV (Light Multirole Vehicle), the new military off-road vehicle that embodies cutting edge technical features and has won the FCLV (Future Command and Liaison Vehicle) contract for the British Army, also being chosen by the Italian Army.

The show car has very generous external dimensions: it is 4,870 mm long, 2,050 mm tall, 2,200 mm wide and has a wheelbase of 3,230 mm. It has "exuberant" styling, developed around a silhouette with straight wheelarches that cut across the uncluttered sides. The door handles have been recessed deliberately, so that they do not constitute an obstacle when driving off-road. In other words, the design concept underlines the car's practical personality, which is taken to an extreme by the vehicle's real performance.

The Crew-Cab version (long cab with an open platform) achieves a perfect balance between the feeling of dominating the terrain from inside the comfortable cab, and the Spartan personality of a pure expedition Pick-up. The tubular structure above the cab enhances the solidity of the whole vehicle, focusing attention on the presence of a complete rollover bar inside the cab. And finally, the adjustable sunshade at the top of the windscreen increases the dynamism of the roof, and recreates the typical structure of vehicles used for desert crossings. The Oltre-Fiat clearly embodies power and solidity, having inherited all the features peculiar to the military model, starting from the permanent 4x4 transmission that allows it to tackle any situation or route. The merit also goes to the generous 50 cm ground clearance, and the highly efficient independent suspension system with coil springs and coaxial dampers.

The vehicle's extraordinary capacity as an "explorer" is also enhanced by the fact that all-wheel drive is engaged automatically when it is needed. All three differentials lock, a system that guarantees optimal wheel grip in all conditions. Thanks to these solutions, the Oltre Fiat can negotiate a lateral gradient of up to 40%, and longitudinal gradients of 80%; it can also tackle fords of up to 85 cm, and this can be increased to 1.5 metres by mounting special inlet and exhaust pipe extensions. And finally, the show car is fitted with high performance, ultra sporty (V speed code), low profile Pirelli Scorpion Zero Asimmetrico 315/40R26 XL (Extra load) tyres.

The vehicle on show in Bologna can therefore perform a wide range of functions; it is equipped with an Iveco F1C Common rail diesel engine, with a variable geometry turbo and intercooler. The 3-litre engine has 4 cylinders in line and delivers a maximum power output of 136 kW (185 bhp) at 3700 rpm, and peak torque of 456 Nm at 1800 rpm. Combined with a six-speed automatic transmission, the engine gives this extraordinary vehicle a top speed of over 130 km/h.

And finally, the Oltre-Fiat show car weighs about seven tonnes, ready for the road and exploiting all its load capacity. It can seat four or five people, depending on the interior outfit, with an overall payload of about three tonnes.

Fiat thanks the following organisations for their collaboration in the development of the Oltre Fiat show car: RRS (vehicle outfit), Pirelli (tyres), Sabelt (seats) and Alpine (audiovisual systems).
Old 01-04-2006, 03:06 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I disagree Alec.

With the proper tires(Street tires???WTF????) and mabye in Pewter , I could see myself replacing......

....My wifey's Rav4 for that.

Seriously though, kind of cool.

My Video Collectionez

Old 01-04-2006, 08:42 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't like it.
I know it's the concept version but it looks too much like a concept version. High center anyone?
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 01-04-2006, 09:52 PM
Banned

Did you guys notice the handle bars behind the steering wheel?
Old 01-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

check out the front passenger leg room, all of the thought that went into the switches and the smooth way they integrated the gear shift lever into the interior.
Old 01-08-2006, 02:57 PM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The door handles have been recessed deliberately, so that they do not constitute an obstacle when driving off-road </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh that so makes me want one.

"And finally, the Oltre-Fiat show car weighs about seven tonnes, ready for the road"

That thing will get sink into tarmac - 7 tonnes - the perfect weight for a 4x4.
Old 01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Banned

This is the consumer version of the military vehicle just developed for the Italian and English militaries. GB has ordered a version of this they are going to call the "Panther". Look up "Iveco Panther" for more details.
Attached Images

Old 01-16-2006, 04:00 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I think there is potential there.