H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default H20 Corner Ladder

I've been trying to track down the H20 corner ladder with no luck; looks like the company went out of business. If anyone has a lead on one or a set let me know.

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2012, 06:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H20 Corner Ladder

It is my understanding that H20 has been gone for years now. I believe it was run by virtually one guy out in CA. I would venture to say theres only a handful of those in existence. if you do track one down I'd be amazed! but they are definitely sweet

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road

I could be wrong, but I've only seen those on one truck, the guy posts under the name AdamInCO, or something like that. There maybe have been 1 more set, his is the only truck I've seen though.

I'd love a pair... but I would be shocked if you found them for sale somewhere.
Old 07-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Hummer Veteran

SummitUp is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I know Adam and he did have a pair of those "corner ladders". However, they originally were not sold as ladders, but as corner body protection guards (the corner guards are really too close to the body to get your feet on them to use as ladders). Adam also had dual ladders in addition to these corner body guards. Here's some pics of Adams H2, before he sold it a few years ago:

'05 H2 Lux, 37" KM2's on 17" Hutchinson Double Beadlocks, Cognito UCA's, Cognito Sway Bar Links, Custom Hydro-Assist Steering Upgrade, Eaton Front Differential Locker, 1" Rear Coil Spacers, Chevy Green Key Torsion Bar "Lift," Bilstein Shocks, Warn 9.5ti Multimount Winch, Dual Optima Yellow Top Battery's, Piaa & Hella Off-road lights, Gobi Rack, Tru-cool External Transmission Oil Cooler, Diablo Predator Hi-Octane Tune.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

If it's any consolation, I recall a story where he rolled this truck into something (a tree?), the corner guard took the impact and ended up causing more damage to the truck than had he not had them on there. I want to say he ended up breaking out the glass and causing a crease in the rear quarter, below the window.

It's a bummer H20 isn't in business, their winch bumper and roof racks were badass.

If you can figure out how they are attached at the bottom it probably wouldn't cost all that much to have a set fabbed up.

Last edited by seventwozero : 07-17-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:09 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwozero
If you can figure out how they are attached at the bottom it probably wouldn't cost all that much to have a set fabbed up.

That's exactly what I was going to say. There isn't a whole lot of metal work other then some bends on those things. Just have to figure out the attachment points which I'm sure are pretty similar to the ladders on the market.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Hummer Authority

From all the pics I've seen from various angles there doesn't appear to be any attachment points at the bottom...maybe a small bracket slips in the wheel-well where the fender flare splits from the corner bumper piece; but I don't know about around back by the hatch. It sets out so far from the body of the truck that we should see some sort of bracket or something...

Perhaps that's one of the reasons that it caused so much damage when it took the impact...if the bottom didn't have proper support it would just bend right in. Perhaps he designed it as more of a ladder and less of a guard/ladder.

EDIT: I take that back...I think the rear bracket can be seen in this pic. If that's it I think it's a little weak. I'd liked to see something beefier than that; and maybe another in the middle.

Last edited by guruerror : 07-17-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

VegasMike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
From all the pics I've seen from various angles there doesn't appear to be any attachment points at the bottom...maybe a small bracket slips in the wheel-well where the fender flare splits from the corner bumper piece; but I don't know about around back by the hatch. It sets out so far from the body of the truck that we should see some sort of bracket or something...

Perhaps that's one of the reasons that it caused so much damage when it took the impact...if the bottom didn't have proper support it would just bend right in. Perhaps he designed it as more of a ladder and less of a guard/ladder.

EDIT: I take that back...I think the rear bracket can be seen in this pic. If that's it I think it's a little weak. I'd liked to see something beefier than that; and maybe another in the middle.

That tube you have highlighted looks to me like the down tube for the straight ladder on the back. If you look closely it looks further away in the picture, and if you look at the other pictures above showing the back view, it makes sense that it's a part of the standard ladder, and not attached to the corner ladder. Looking at it further, you can clearly see that tube is behind the taillight guard, and the corner ladder can not extend beyond the that guard in order to allow the hatch to open..

It looks like the bottom of the corner ladder has no support.

Last edited by VegasMike : 07-17-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:31 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMike
...It looks like the bottom of the corner ladder has no support.
Agreed. That's a bad design in my book. Looks good, but bad design.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:

Not to say anyone is wrong here, because I just can't see anything either, but I have a really hard time believing that H20 would produce something like that WITHOUT some sort of support on the lower end of it. I mean, from what I understand, the products that H20 made for a short time were some of the best on the market.

I'm thinking there is something hidden on that lower rail, on the side of the truck/guard, just below the rear marker light. There is metal there that the bracket could be attached to, but there isn't a whole lot there, and what is there probably isn't that strong.

The top looks pretty self explanatory, some sort of system that bolts up to the roof rail, similar to a roof rack.

IIRC, HumBeBe knows the guy that ran H20, and built all this stuff. Maybe she could offer insight on how they attached, or sweet talk him into doing a small run of them again! I would certainly buy a set.

Edit: the more I look at those photos, and start to remember, I think this truck also had the H20 front and rear bumpers. I'm wondering if those guards are attached directly to the rear bumper...

Last edited by seventwozero : 07-18-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:36 AM
Hummer Veteran

More pics from that thread:

Old 07-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Hummer Authority

Yeah...I'm not seeing any support.

I'd be interested in a version of these though; with better bottom support. I think I'd like to see something that didn't wrap so far around the side; something a little more inconspicuous from the front views. I know I could go with the door ladder, but I'm not a huge fan of those for some reason.

Oh well, in the meantime I'll just keep climbing up my tire carrier...LOL.

EDIT: Another thread with other images
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=24026

Last edited by guruerror : 07-18-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Yeah...I'm not seeing any support.

I'd be interested in a version of these though; with better bottom support. I think I'd like to see something that didn't wrap so far around the side; something a little more inconspicuous from the front views. I know I could go with the door ladder, but I'm not a huge fan of those for some reason.

Oh well, in the meantime I'll just keep climbing up my tire carrier...LOL.

EDIT: Another thread with other images
http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=24026

There is support there! In the first photo, look closely on the side of the truck, directly under the side marker light. There is a flat piece of steel that comes in right under the body line. I'm not sure what it attaches to, but it's visible on both sides.

Edit: Did anyone else notice the sliders on the H20 H2?! They appear to be a solid plate all the way back to the frame!

Last edited by seventwozero : 07-18-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
There is support there! In the first photo, look closely on the side of the truck, directly under the side marker light. There is a flat piece of steel that comes in right under the body line. I'm not sure what it attaches to, but it's visible on both sides.

Edit: Did anyone else notice the sliders on the H20 H2?! They appear to be a solid plate all the way back to the frame!
I see what you're talking about...
...and yes, those sliders are crazy!

Last edited by guruerror : 07-18-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Hummer Authority

Well...even if I can't find the H20 ladder, there's always this:

JUST JOKES!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Does anyone have any experience with the folding grab steps? I see them a lot on emergency vehicles and other utility trucks that require roof access.

It looks like Buyers is about the only company that makes them; black, stainless, and black powder coated. I'm wondering how much weight they could take before they started to buckle/deform the sheet metal they'd be attached to.

http://www.buyersproducts.com/Truck-...K-E-COAT/1470/
Old 07-18-2012, 11:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
I see what you're talking about...
...and yes, those sliders are crazy!

I think thats an optical illusion. That caught my eye at first until I looked at other angles and you don't see that:

Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Hummer Authority

No...I'm convinced that it's a brace. You just can't see it in the side view. It's easier to see with the Desert Storm Tan against the black truck.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

It almost looks like it attaches from the bottom, up into the rear fender? The metal that is there doesn't seem all that strong...

In terms of side protection, those seem to be pretty light duty.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:11 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
It almost looks like it attaches from the bottom, up into the rear fender? The metal that is there doesn't seem all that strong...

In terms of side protection, those seem to be pretty light duty.
Agreed.