Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 09-02-2003, 02:17 AM

dostacos is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris:
I don't own an H2, I have a discovery. It makes no sense when people try to compare the H2 to other vehicle not in their class. The G500 has got about 10 inches less in the wheelbase to the H2. So you can group them together. But I don't know which is better off the showroom floor. Your experiecne is with a modified 500. I am talking about a 2003 stock G500.

But why did you all come over here? Just to piss off the H2 owner? If you don't have an actually reason other then pissing off then don't be here.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I first wheeled with him it was stock including both lockers. the 35s came just before the Rubicon.

we are here for enlightenment ;-)
Old 09-02-2003, 02:26 AM

RockYoda is off the scale

(aka DrNutt on TTORA)

Man you guys always seem to stir up s#it.. lol (TTORA)

Well i firmly believe that you build a truck for what you will MOSTLY use it for. Jeep built the Rubicon as mild trail runner and it does it execptional well. MB built its SUV for world wide distubtion in some of the worst daily driving conditions and although i have never seen one on the trails i'm sure it does well also. Toyota build its Tacoma as a all around daily driver with some very durable parts to last a hella long time. GM built the H2 as a easy to mild trail runner and as mall-runner. Its as easy as that. Each truck has its place and each will do very well in its designed area. There is no real compairson. I am also a firm beliver in "Its not what you buy its what you build!" (I would still love to see a stock Jeep Rubicon, MB G500, stock Toyota double cab, or an H2 follow me in my built 85.. )
Old 09-02-2003, 02:31 AM
Banned

CrapH2 is off the scale

Hey
argonaut
if you had done your research before posting you would have realized that the Tacoma is not imported from Japan as you may think. It is built in California which last time I checked is part of the U.S. therefore is obviously not imported.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:33 AM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

I believe he was refering to the brand, that being toyota.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
Old 09-02-2003, 02:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris:
So why is it the Ranger's use Land Rovers? And yes there are Range Rovers in africa buddy. Range Rovers have been around for around 30 years. The Range Rovers are good off-road, well minus the whole 19 inchers. The sidewall is too small, other then that, they are great.

I don't watch CNN, I watch Fox News

"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you saying the SAS is using the CAR range rover? the last time I looked they still used modified Defenders [a great off road truck]
as for the news Fox has had pictures of the double cabs in use as well,
Old 09-02-2003, 02:57 AM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

They use 110s. My mistake I didn't write exactly what I ment to say. I know they don't use Range Rover. And one of the US Generals did use a Discovery in Iraq.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
Old 09-02-2003, 03:06 AM

They use 110s. My mistake I didn't write exactly what I ment to say. I know they don't use Range Rover. And one of the US Generals did use a Discovery in Iraq.
no accounting for taste,eh. ;-)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

the 90s and 110s are great, we just cannot buy them new here anymore.

Most of the wheeling I do the H2 would not ever be able to go because of it's size. I did the Hi Desert Round Up this year and the trail I was on was so narrow I barely made it, the hummers would still be out there stuck between a rock and well, more rocks. At our last So Cal TTORA trail run in big Bear we had about 50 trucks show up from totally stock to solid axle rock crawlers and by-pass shocked prerunners.

Still I would love to go off roading with a bunch of hummers some time
Old 09-02-2003, 03:20 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

What the @#$*?????

To be challenged by Jeeps or Discos in one thing, very debatable...BUT TOYOTAS???????????

Who's next? KIA?, YUGO?, HYUNDAI???

I see desperate kids trying to fit in. It's too funny. Kinda sad.

Stock vs. Stock = We win
Power = You lose
Ability = You lose
Looks = Of course we win
Tug of war = HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Head on = "That toyota had heart "

Now shall we get into modified stock? Hmmm.

Remember, take the money issue out of the equation, and it's clearer to understand.

Thank-you! Come again! BUH-BYE!

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover

My Video Collectionez

Old 09-02-2003, 03:40 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
What the @#$*?????

To be challenged by Jeeps or Discos in one thing, very debatable...BUT TOYOTAS???????????

Who's next? KIA?, YUGO?, HYUNDAI???

I see desperate kids trying to fit in. It's too funny. Kinda sad.

Stock vs. Stock = We win
Power = You lose
Ability = You lose
Looks = Of course we win
Tug of war = HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
Head on = "That toyota had heart "

Now shall we get into modified stock? Hmmm.

Remember, take the money issue out of the equation, and it's clearer to understand.

Thank-you! Come again! BUH-BYE!

He ain't heavy.....
He's ma HUMMER baby!
03 NUDE Pewter Lux H2
03 Dressed Range Rover<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well then let's get together and wheel! We have members in Canada too.
Old 09-02-2003, 05:12 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Dos,
I've seen yodas bust their **** up just like everybody else.
New Year's day of this year I took my H2 out to Brown's Camp to try it out. It was torrential rain that day so I wasn't sure if it'd be much of a day. On my way up to Fire Break 5 I had to ask for directions a couple of times since I'd never been there before. All of the jeepers, yodas and everybody else looked at me like I was crazy to think about taking the "mom-mobile" 4xing. By the way, I saw both a built Jeep and a built Yoda getting strapped back down the main road. When i finally got to the trailhead there were 6-7 other vehicles there making plans to go up. They all looked at me incredulously like there was no way I was even going to get up the first part of the trail to the first little rock garden. I followed them w/o airing down or dropping it into low. when we got up to the rock garden we all parked down the trail and got out to watch each vehicle try to get through the rocks. Remember I said it was raining? Full on pissing would be a better description. Most of the ground out here is sort of like clay, so when it gets wet it gets really slippery. I watched as the other rigs each spent a minimum of 15-20 minutes slipping, sliding, pounding, grinding and bouncing around trying to go about 50 feet. when the last yoda finally got through everyone looked at me and asked if I was gonna try to get through. I said of course and turned to walk back down the trail to my rig. I could hear them softly laughing and talking about the "Tahoe". I got in and put it in low and engaged the rear locker and headed up to the rocks. Short of the story- i made it over the rocks in about 3 minutes without all of the commotion the built-ups had. They were all standing there with their mouths hanging open in disbelief that this "mom-mobile" had just crawled over what they had almost had to winch over. They all had to crowd around and actually get a look at this vehicle that they had all written off as a "mall taxi". All of our vehicles(Hummer, Yodas, Jeeps, ect) have their strengths & weaknesses. How would you like it if the guys that are hardcore quad riders came to your site and started ****-talking you because they say you can't go where they go? Or people with regular cars wondering what's the matter with you for driving such an "outlandish tinker toy" on the road?

[This message was edited by DRTYFN on 09-02-03 at 12:21 AM.]
Old 09-02-2003, 11:59 AM

RockYoda is off the scale

DennisAJC

I am sorry you feel this way, "Kids just trying to fit in". We are not kids and we are not trying to fit in. There is no fitting in. We wheel our trucks hard, much harder than the average person. We know what our trucks are capable of and we know what your trucks are capable of. To prove it meet up with some of our members and prove that your H2 is more capable than a Toyota. Thats it plane and simple... Put up or Shut up..
Old 09-02-2003, 12:39 PM

BillyRoyBob is off the scale

I just wanna say a couple things... first off, the H2 is a bichin lookin ride. But... as for the H1, the similaritys stop at the "H" denoting hummer. I was in Bosnia, and every H1 I saw was broken. The American 3 star general didnt even trust them, and such mostly rode in a Burban, or a Land Cruiser. And for the record, most "utility vehicles" were Toyota Hilux crew cabs with solid axles and cable lockers front and rear, and diesel. I guess I am one of them folks that would like to go wheelin with an H2, I would take my Fj-55 with you any day of the week. And finally, you think the Hummer is so much better, but the magazines that did comparisons... and yes they compared an H1, Discovery, Wrangler, and Tacoma.. Well the Tacoma came first, and the hummer came last, if you dont believe me then use your little web browser to search for fourwheeler.com for the article i speak of. they summed it up best. "The stocker with the locker came first because it was the only one that could pass for a real 4x4 in anything but a mall parking lot" So Think what you want, but I prefer to rely on the cold hard facts, not the propoganda that I read at the chevy dealership. Cause you know there gonna tell you the truth!

Were bigger and were on top, if this was prison you'de be our bitch!
Old 09-02-2003, 01:38 PM

AlamoJim is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OLE YLLR:
THIS A REAL PICTURE TAKEN IN VENEZUELA! I KNOW THEY WOULD HAVE LIKE TO BE IN AN H2. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

actually they would have liked to be in a boat...look closer - all those vehicles are being washed backwards by a mudslide/flood.

That is decidedly NOT funny...
and ANY vehicle short of an actuall tank would be mince meat in that situation.

JMO.
Old 09-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a sweet picture of Toyota Tundra that TRIED to follow a Hummer!

Please tell the folks at Toyota to attach more gum to the bumper next time
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2003, 01:42 PM
Hummer Expert

Here is the Hummer it tried to follow. Notice how the vehicle is completely intact after making the run, amazing!!!
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2003, 02:02 PM

SJ is off the scale

Toyota IS JAPANESE - it is NOT American!!!!! It may be assembled (pieced together) on American soil, but the product you're supporting and the nameplate you're proliferating is still foreign. The ultimate CONTROL and revenue filters back to Japan.

It irks me when people make excuses to buy Japanese and think it's OK because it's "made in America." Bullshyt - it is a foreign product that benefits from lower tariffs and import quotas by assembling on US soil.

Toyota started building cars by taking apart a Chevy and examining it piece-by-piece. Same as the Soviets that copied our F15 fighters to develop their own product [MiG 29]. The Toyota Tundra is a complete rip-off of the Ford F150.

I have a H2 and Chevy truck. Each serves a different purpose, so why do jealous morons feel the need to come here and bash a product that is designed, manufactured, and sold in America using mostly American parts?

What kind of red-blooded American bashes a Hummer and touts a Toyota? Sounds like a sell-out to me. I couldn't drive a Toyota with a clear conscience; knowing I could have supported an American brand, but it's a free-market economy, so I don't bash foreign brands. My issue is with folks that tout Japanese products while at the same time bashing their very own (Ford, GM).

My relatives come from Europe and they're utterly shocked at the number of Japanese cars on our roads. They can't fathom that we allow so many foreign products to flood our roads. If so many peope have this attitude that we should buy Japanese and bash our own brands, then I may be the last guy to buy American.

I'm perfectly happy with bull riding, apple pie, and my Chevy truck. You can keep your Toyota, but It's not American - never was and never will be!
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 09-02-2003, 02:05 PM

SJ is off the scale

Rock Yoda:

Many of us don't care about rock crawling and technical wheeling; we're into enjoying the outdoors and trails. How about you transport 6 people and all their gear on a long road trip? I live in the mountains and the H2 does its job very well. My Chevy truck does the blue collar work and it's AMERICAN - something Toyota will never be.

I can't relate to sell-outs that bash American products. It's a free-market, so buy what you want, but you're a sorry individual for bashing American brands. I'll keep my Hummer and Chevy and you can wheel in Japan if you love them so much.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Hummer Expert

SJ,

I am with you. I have ONLY owned American vehicles. I have owned 2 Silverados, 1 Suburban, 1 Tahoe, 1 S10, 1 small blazer and 2 K5 blazers and of course my H2! My father is retired from GM so I know the effects of buying Japanese junk, but now the tables have turned. GM is kicking ass in the truck department like never before! There is absolutely no excuse to spend money on a "foreign truck" and I use that term loosely. Every time I hear someone say foreign and truck together it sends chills down my spine.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:17 PM

SJ is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
... All of our vehicles(Hummer, Yodas, Jeeps, ect) have their strengths & weaknesses. How would you like it if the guys that are hardcore quad riders came to your site and started ****-talking you because they say you can't go where they go? Or people with regular cars wondering what's the matter with you for driving such an "outlandish tinker toy" on the road?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

DRTYFN:

You ask questions that would require these guys to stop and think. Therein lies the problem. They know Toyota Good - American brand bad. That's what they compute after a few Neurons fire. Let them be happy with their Tokyo products and feel good about it. I don't bash Japanese stuff because I respect our wonderful free-market form of Capitalism.

The truth is that I wouldn't drive a Toyota if some one gave me one for free. I simply cannot drive one with a clear conscience knowing that America makes perfectly fine products.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:25 PM

SJ is off the scale

Buckeye:

The new Ford F-150 is absolutely stunning. Toyota will copy it for their next Tundra, as they openly did when designing the current model.

I like both GM and Ford, but happen to have owned mostly GM products with excellent results. I've had a Chevy K5 Blazer that went 260k miles before I finally sold her. No problems to speak of!

People don't mention how Ford cleaned-up Jaguar and turned it into a better car; they're only concerned with the negatives, and I admit that there still are some weak spots that GM and Ford need to work on.