H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I want a radar detector mounted in front grill connected to Onstar speaker - how??

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna
That comment confuses me. I run around with the H2 with NO front licence plate, and I still got a ticket last year with a radar. Obviously the radar does not need the plate to deflect - it must be able to deflect from the body. Yes, I could get a ticket here in BC for having no front plate, but been doin it for 2 years now, and only have gotten two warnings. And both warnings were during seat belt checks or road blocks - I've never actually been pulled over for it. I've driven many cars in the past with no front plate - it looks cooler, especially on nice performance vehicles. I did it with my vette, mustang cobra, iroc, etc, and never a ticket yet.

So don't waste your money on this spary for the front plate. They don't need from plate to still tag you on the radar.

Laser. The front plate is the target for laser. It's an excellent light reflector as that's what it's designed for. There's nothing, save stealth technology, that'll make you invisible to radar!

I too took off my front plates, they detract from the looks of the car (in fact, if you look at SOME cars, they block a huge amount of the cooling air!), any car. We parked at Burbank airport for a week, and came back to a ticket for not having the plate. Airport security systems utilize the front plates for ID now, and they're starting to have kittens about it. I folded, they're on the cars now because I got tired of worrying about it.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:20 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gunzz is off the scale
Default Re: I want a radar detector mounted in front grill connected to Onstar speaker - how??

You bad bunch of law breakers

Old 04-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

dna is off the scale

I have a funny coincidence. I just got a $109 ticket for no front plate today - same f'en cop gave me another $109 ticket for having the front windows tinted. Its been 15+ years since I got busted for these things - the cops usually pick on the teens for these.

On the positive side, the cop said if I removed the tint and installed the front plate in the next 24 hrs (and came back to show him) that he would cancel the tickets. So I relucantly did, and sure enough he canceled them. Now I got to get used to no tint in the front (looked good, but oh well).

Though now that I have to have a front plate, I bought one of the LED message plate frames which came be programmed to have any message scroll across (I got two - one for front and one for back). I currently have a message scrolling that says:

hybrid . . NOT!

That message above just keeps scrolling. I can program up to 5 saved messages each up to 250 digits. Give me some other funny and good ideas.

Thanks
Old 04-22-2007, 12:05 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna
I have a funny coincidence. I just got a $109 ticket for no front plate today - same f'en cop gave me another $109 ticket for having the front windows tinted. Its been 15+ years since I got busted for these things - the cops usually pick on the teens for these.

On the positive side, the cop said if I removed the tint and installed the front plate in the next 24 hrs (and came back to show him) that he would cancel the tickets. So I relucantly did, and sure enough he canceled them. Now I got to get used to no tint in the front (looked good, but oh well).

Though now that I have to have a front plate, I bought one of the LED message plate frames which came be programmed to have any message scroll across (I got two - one for front and one for back). I currently have a message scrolling that says:

hybrid . . NOT!

That message above just keeps scrolling. I can program up to 5 saved messages each up to 250 digits. Give me some other funny and good ideas.

Thanks

Too cool, where'd you get the frame?

By the way, that same cop will sit there and let motorcycles with straight pipes drive by all day long. I'm bettin' that one drove by while you got a ticket! Why aren't they enforcing the law on those annoying POSs?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

waikikiTed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I want a radar detector mounted in front grill connected to Onstar speaker - how?

ooooh!
I am so tempted to get that Calibre DL K40 system. SOOO dang tempted. The only way the wife (who is known for having a leadfoot) willuse a radar detector is if its something like this. If I have to count on her actually plugging something in like a portable one, she'll never even bother.
Old 04-30-2007, 04:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

tazhog54 is on a distinguished road

front plates in California I put mine on the garage wall

03 H2 Sunburst orange
04 Corvette Silver(wifey's)
32 roadster Viperblue (SOLD)
32 3 window coupe COPPER ( almost done )
32 3 Window Coupe full fenders
32 Roadster
62 Nova SS
69 Chev p/u 427
72 Chev p/u ORANGE
34 Phanton (underconstruction)
34 5 window coupe Teal (SOLD)
95 Harley geiser glide red
74 Sportster {wifey's)Candy red w/flames
96 Harley Turbo charged