H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-30-2007, 03:51 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: h2 slant

Great job! All you have to do is poor some fiberglass over that and we're good to go.

I like the soft slantback mod a lot!!!! Seems like you thought this one through. I;d be interested to see what it looks like with the cover off. How do the mounts look if you decide to go without it? You;ll see the HD velcro (no big deal), but what about the track it mounts to?

GREAT JOB!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Dragon keeps trying to get the time to do a hard slant cover but, is just booked up.

It is harder than He discussed it with me as i will over simpify I know.

His basic idea is that anyone who has made sub enclosures of odd shapes would use the same technique to make the slant back. He said just roughly You frame out the shape with 1"x1" or maybe smaller taking measurements and of course figuring out a way to secure it to SUT but, then hang the cloth on it drawing it tight as You can. Then a light coat of fiberglass I think it was. You would then add light coats building strength. He did say using metal instead of wood frame would be doable using it as a mold. I think Dragon was looking at a way to remove the skeleton after it was built up. He was looking at getting rid of as much weight as possible. Also to have a way not to repeat it all from ground up.

I have a friend northeast of Las Vegas that owned some kind of plastic injection molding company and has been bugging me for ideas for us to make things for Hummers since He is in a good location and being near west coast. Easily be near Vegas to have a booth at SEMA. He felt that the markets there may be enough to push sales along to justify the molds injection equipment etc.

We have discussed the slant top for SUT before and I'm due to have a visit with him on 4/30 or Tuesday late central time. I need to bring the idea up again and would everyone give Me an idea as to what the SUT guys would pay for a hard slant cover so I could pass that on to him. He would have an idea as to if the tooling etc. would be even justified. Suggestion on other items that we could consider making for any of the Hummers or other rides entirely would be helpful to entice him into developing more molds since the injection equipment would be purchased anyway.

I will be talking to Him late Monday night around 10PM central time so any price ideas and other product ideas would help even if it is not for Hummers. I think in our last talk about this was to sell some direct but, most of his thought was marketing them wholesale to like Moss and the normal list of large retailers.

Well anyway He and I have been kicking around the idea for a few weeks so everyone's input would be welcomed and appreciated so maybe I can get this going. I may well get an SUT myself to drive daily with a slant top on back so as to make the Show Queen last longer.

Oh, suggestions as to how You would like to see the top mounted to the rig would be helpful also so it can be removed and put back on. I have not given an SUT a close up and personal examine. Those who own them would be able to have better knowledge than me of how that should be done.

My friend is looking to get an SUT himself but, not till 2008 or till diesel is ready for market.

Have gone the long way around to request retail value as well as mounting to SUT plus any other Hummer or other rig products to be made to justify doing it. I just need ammo to let him sit down and do a cost analysis on investment. Please be open and frank with whether it is a good idea as well as realistic with what a SUT owner would invest in a slant cap. I know the caps offered for just pickups etc. color matched are ridiculous and that is for a flat bed cover that hinges and lifts.

Thanks for any and all help,

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

very nice and unique !

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 04-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Hummer Expert

Vettster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikikiTed
Whats the intention of it? I'm not dissin it, just wondering why you'd want this on a SUT.

I will tell you why I want something different:
With the factor cover, you basically have a large 4 door sedan type of vehicle. A large 4 door sedan that the trunk leaks and pops open that is. The vehicle is usless for what it appears to be (a pick-up) and you cannot haul very much.
The mid gate can be opened, but, why bother, the window has to be opened and you loose what little weather protection you had.
With a soft type cover, you could close in the back area and have a little more versatality then roll it up and have your pick-up type vehicle also.
The only downside of the soft cover would be security.

Put me down as interested in both the roll up and the hard cover.
Now, anybody interested in a slightly used factory cover?
Old 04-30-2007, 07:36 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey Chuck, I saw it on a lifted yellow one the other day and it looked great!!!
Old 04-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it
Old 04-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
Pretty cool. Good job. I think it would look better on a color other than black.

SO FAR BALACK and yellow, looks great on both
Old 04-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikikiTed
Whats the intention of it? I'm not dissin it, just wondering why you'd want this on a SUT.

Thats kinda a cool idea.

just something different.....
Old 04-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBLWARMR
I like it. However if I was going to use it I would definitely pull the tonneau cover first. It just looks like a pain in the ass to try and put anything in the back that would be higher than the tonneau.

not the easiest with the cover, this was to see if it would work with it...
Old 04-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBob
I think it looks AMAZING!!! Hell of a JOB!!!

thank you!!!