H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-22-2007, 06:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

waikikiTed is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H3er thinking about moving to an H2..need help

I should point out that I DO like the H3. I have rented them many times myself and was VERY impressed with the amount of cargo storage.

When we moved to Portland last summer, we did an IKEA trip to Seattle and I filled that thing to the MAX, every nook and cranny. People were like "no way" youre going to do this in one trip. Well, 165 miles left no choice but to! thanks to the boxy inside, there's maximum use of all storage space unlike something like the Infinitiy Rx series.

I think the only disadvantage of the H3 in my opinion is that this interior design, and the window placement/style only works on the H2 because it's higher than the average vehicle. Utilizing the same design on the H3 at a lower viewing level creates more blind spots. Ultimately, it wouldn't stop ME from buying the H3.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:35 PM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikikiTed
I should point out that I DO like the H3. I have rented them many times myself and was VERY impressed with the amount of cargo storage.

When we moved to Portland last summer, we did an IKEA trip to Seattle and I filled that thing to the MAX, every nook and cranny. People were like "no way" youre going to do this in one trip. Well, 165 miles left no choice but to! thanks to the boxy inside, there's maximum use of all storage space unlike something like the Infinitiy Rx series.

I think the only disadvantage of the H3 in my opinion is that this interior design, and the window placement/style only works on the H2 because it's higher than the average vehicle. Utilizing the same design on the H3 at a lower viewing level creates more blind spots. Ultimately, it wouldn't stop ME from buying the H3.

You get used to it. I personally love the low roof and small windows. During the blazing summer, it's awesome to keep the sun off of you (I've got skin cancer on my left arm and ear already) When it's nice, I open the massive sun roof. It's large, and it's close so it really opens it up and makes it airy. When it's cloudy and rainy, my sunroof shade is always open making the inside bright and open feeling. I wouldn't have a 3 without it. The blind spots are easy to live with. It's a lot easier than a truck and shell, or a van (which I drove for years) Use the mirrors and no problems.

Teller machines and security gates though, now those ARE a pain in the butt.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale

So, what did you decide?
Old 04-27-2007, 05:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

MajorGeek is off the scale

People used to ask me if it got claustorphobic. Oddly enough, I am and it never bothered me. As you pointed out, because of simply size, it works better on the H2. Using ATM's or backing up is EASIER in the H2, at least for me. I worked for Airborne Express for 12 years driving vans and truck about 70,000 miles a year, so driving boxy things is nothing new to me.

Storage is weird, the H2 lacks room, unless you fold seats down, I am sure specs are out there, but the H3 really has decent storage area comparably. I though the H3 needed to be about 2 inches wider because the center console lacked any storage and when you had a passenger, you are almost cuddling It was a bit cramped feeling between that and the windows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waikikiTed

Old 04-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

waikikiTed is on a distinguished road

Well, I went thru my first ATM the other day in the H2..... and well, it kinda sucked! Its was like I needed to Crisco the sides to make it thru the lanes (had to approach the ATM by driving thru the automated teller line)... and then I had to reach half the body out the window to reach the cash dispenser (and Im 6 ft tall!!)

Good thing it was 5 AM so I didn't look like the stupid H2 guy that I know I did. I have to practice to look like I gotz skills and make it look natural!