H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
Hummer Veteran

DAGKANA is on a distinguished road
Default AVOID AT ALL COSTS: LOAD BOSS/ Alterstart alternators on eBay

Here's my scenario:

Ive been having some issues with the facotry terminals for my 06 Hummer H3, power has been intermediate for a few weeks and sometimes the 3 starts other times I pop the hood and wiggle the cables and than I get power, so I cleaned the terminals on firday and it pratically made things worse, out of desperation I went and bought a new battery, Optima Red top. That ended up frying the alternator, my stupidity I switched the terminals + on - and vice versa.

So now my hunt begins for a newer alternator, parts stores were all a bust. But they "could special order it for me at $275-325.00" and Id have it by weds in most cases... I said uh no!

I looked on fleabay and contacted the Broken (Brodie) On flebay I found the above mentioned guys, who were having a sale over the weekend on a Hi Output 200 Amp alternator.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

For 279.99 however when you look at the description there's a 5 to 7 day productio time before shipping yet it says more than 5 available. So I call their toll free number (on saturday) but there a monday through friday buisness. I figure oh well, I'll send them a message stating my intent and they'll see that I sent it to them when the sale is on, and than they can honor the sale when I figure out if its available so I can overnight it, right?

I know this is getting long and Im sorry but I want to make sure no one gives any buisness to these clowns.

So I call them this morning 8am their time, after I recieve and email sent by them to call them, I figure they're there and can answer my question right? So I call and talk to the salesmen, Im polite and curtious, I joke alittle and say please and thank you irregardless of his impersonal tone on the other end. Im in retail, have been for 10 years, a few guys on here can attest to my personality and demeanor.

On the phone they tell me that the sale has ended but it is in stock at 399.99! I ask them how much to overnight the tell me 92.00 I said I will gladly pay that if they honor the sale price... so about 380.00 out the door... they said that they could not authorize that and that I would have to talk to the owner, I said aok... when will he be in, they say in a few hours, but in the mean time to use ebay to make an offer at the price I suggrested, I go ok.

So I sign onto ebay and make three offers 260.00, 270.00, and 280.. ebay than locks me out from the auction for my 3 offers to be accepted or declined, they are almost immediately declined... I go ok... I'll send them another email and tell them to have the owner call me ASAP and give my cell phone, home phone, and address...

Nothing, so I call back three hours later. I talk to the exact same salesmen, whom I have to remind everything we talked about earlier, didn't remember who I was or what vehicle I have, or anything about the overnighting part... fine maybe he had along weekend and it was still early for him... whatever. He than tells me he hasn't talked to the owner yet. I ask him again when the owner will be in. So he replies oh I don't think he's gonna e here today... I ask him why he said that he would be earlier this morning, he said tht he didn't... um ok... I ask him if there's anyway he can call the owner and call me right back, he says no. But if I'd like I can use the buy it now and pay the regular price, and than he could see what he could do for me... I said you know what, I'll take my buiness elsewhere.

For the price of 2 used alternators with low mileage I would have given them my money so I wouldn't have to fab something up to run dual alternators in so tight of quarters.

So even though this economy is rough these guys don't want my buisness, and that of all the other H3 owners out there that have lots of accessories on their vehicles, from winches to flood lights... hmmm I can think of a dozen guys on this forum alone that could or would want to upgrade their stock alternators.

These guys are a joke in my minds eye. Don't use them for anything. Spend you money where it counts and give it to someone that appreciates your buisness.

Thanks for reading all this guys. Hummer On!
315/75/16 Nitto Terra Grapplers on OEM black Powder Coated Rims/ Bilstein Cognitos w/ Trail Duty 1/2" Bump Stops/ BA Winch Bumper & Motoalliance Viper 12,000lb Winch/ Warn Hawse Fairlead / Manik Black Powder Coated Hood Handles/ Steelcraft Tail Light Guards/ Predator Motorsports Black Powder Coated Locking Fuel Door/ General Motors OEM Under Carriage Protection/ General Motors Rocker Panel Protection / BA Rear Shock Mount Skid Plates/ 60" Hi Lift Jack Extreme/
Old 11-04-2009, 04:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ryan Graham is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AVOID AT ALL COSTS: LOAD BOSS/ Alterstart alternators on eBay

Thanks for the heads up. I have been appalled at some of the service I have received lately from almost everyone (from McDonalds to Checker Auto Parts). You'd think any business would be falling all over themselves to get whatever money they can.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

theBroken is on a distinguished road

LOL. Well said and thanks for the plug.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 AM
Hummer Veteran

zacknolden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAGKANA
Here's my scenario:

Ive been having some issues with the facotry terminals for my 06 Hummer H3, power has been intermediate for a few weeks and sometimes the 3 starts other times I pop the hood and wiggle the cables and than I get power, so I cleaned the terminals on firday and it pratically made things worse, out of desperation I went and bought a new battery, Optima Red top. That ended up frying the Alternator, my stupidity I switched the terminals + on - and vice versa.

So now my hunt begins for a newer alternator, parts stores were all a bust. But they "could special order it for me at $275-325.00" and Id have it by weds in most cases... I said uh no!

I looked on fleabay and contacted the Broken (Brodie) On flebay I found the above mentioned guys, who were having a sale over the weekend on a Hi Output 200 Amp alternator.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

For 279.99 however when you look at the description there's a 5 to 7 day productio time before shipping yet it says more than 5 available. So I call their toll free number (on saturday) but there a monday through friday buisness. I figure oh well, I'll send them a message stating my intent and they'll see that I sent it to them when the sale is on, and than they can honor the sale when I figure out if its available so I can overnight it, right?

I know this is getting long and Im sorry but I want to make sure no one gives any buisness to these clowns.

So I call them this morning 8am their time, after I recieve and email sent by them to call them, I figure they're there and can answer my question right? So I call and talk to the salesmen, Im polite and curtious, I joke alittle and say please and thank you irregardless of his impersonal tone on the other end. Im in retail, have been for 10 years, a few guys on here can attest to my personality and demeanor.

On the phone they tell me that the sale has ended but it is in stock at 399.99! I ask them how much to overnight the tell me 92.00 I said I will gladly pay that if they honor the sale price... so about 380.00 out the door... they said that they could not authorize that and that I would have to talk to the owner, I said aok... when will he be in, they say in a few hours, but in the mean time to use ebay to make an offer at the price I suggrested, I go ok.

So I sign onto ebay and make three offers 260.00, 270.00, and 280.. ebay than locks me out from the auction for my 3 offers to be accepted or declined, they are almost immediately declined... I go ok... I'll send them another email and tell them to have the owner call me ASAP and give my cell phone, home phone, and address...

Nothing, so I call back three hours later. I talk to the exact same salesmen, whom I have to remind everything we talked about earlier, didn't remember who I was or what vehicle I have, or anything about the overnighting part... fine maybe he had along weekend and it was still early for him... whatever. He than tells me he hasn't talked to the owner yet. I ask him again when the owner will be in. So he replies oh I don't think he's gonna e here today... I ask him why he said that he would be earlier this morning, he said tht he didn't... um ok... I ask him if there's anyway he can call the owner and call me right back, he says no. But if I'd like I can use the buy it now and pay the regular price, and than he could see what he could do for me... I said you know what, I'll take my buiness elsewhere.

For the price of 2 used alternators with low mileage I would have given them my money so I wouldn't have to fab something up to run dual alternators in so tight of quarters.

So even though this economy is rough these guys don't want my buisness, and that of all the other H3 owners out there that have lots of accessories on their vehicles, from winches to flood lights... hmmm I can think of a dozen guys on this forum alone that could or would want to upgrade their stock alternators.

These guys are a joke in my minds eye. Don't use them for anything. Spend you money where it counts and give it to someone that appreciates your buisness.

Thanks for reading all this guys. Hummer On!

My friend also fried up his alternator. I just don't know what is the primary reason for this matter. I just have to help him find the culprit.