H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-19-2010, 10:31 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road
Default GM Stops Production of Hummer

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...roduction.aspx

When General Motors' assembly plant in Shreveport, La., opened this morning, there was a 2.5-ton hole in the lineup left by the Hummer. GM has halted production of the H3 and H3T, the last two Hummers that were still being made.

GM negotiated the sale of Hummer to a Chinese company in 2009, but the deal has yet to gain approval of the Chinese government, and analysts are skeptical the sale will go through. If the sale fails, the final Hummer will have rolled off the assembly line last week.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 01-20-2010, 01:13 AM
Hummer Professional

hummeraddict is on a distinguished road
Default Re: GM Stops Production of Hummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...roduction.aspx

When General Motors' assembly plant in Shreveport, La., opened this morning, there was a 2.5-ton hole in the lineup left by the Hummer. GM has halted production of the H3 and H3T, the last two Hummers that were still being made.

GM negotiated the sale of Hummer to a Chinese company in 2009, but the deal has yet to gain approval of the Chinese government, and analysts are skeptical the sale will go through. If the sale fails, the final Hummer will have rolled off the assembly line last week.
I think the deal will get done eventually. It is just pissing me off that it is taking this long. CEO Jim Taylor seems like he's already got everything planned out.....Picking the HQ, Talking about future models, customer service, employment, etc. I would be unbelievably surprised if it doesn't get passed.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

This is the saga that never ends! Will Hummers continue to be made and if so will it be in the US? Will we ever see a new H2 or the Hx roll off the line? How much longer can dealers bleed red ink with Hummer while they wait for the Hx?
I read the coments at the end of the article and only one person talked about the loss of American jobs if Hummer is discontinued. What serious offroad vehicles are left without the Hummer - Jeep Rubicon? Land Rover Discovery? Toyota FJ cruiser, Ford F150 Raptor??? Except for the Discovery and the FJ, I wouldn't want the others for a daily driver. The Hummer always has been a target for the press and on the road they are the most easily recognizable vehicles. I hate to think about people buying Hummers as collectibles and parking them in the garage. These machines are meant to take on mud, water, snow and rock!

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 01-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

I read a story about auto companies stopping production on some models in the next year or two. I think the FJ Cruiser is in its last year (possibly 2).

And if the Hx doesn't become a production model, I wonder if this concept would be a fun alternative...

http://www.latestcar.us/mini/mini-be...cept-2010.html

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 01-20-2010, 03:52 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I read the same thing about the FJ being in its last year. It's not over till the fat lady sings and I think a new buyer for Hummer will surface if the Chinese nix this deal. If it doesn't go through GM would still be liable for all Hummer warranty work, so there is some incentive for them to close the deal. I still don't think AMGeneral is totally out of the picture yet.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:16 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim
I read the same thing about the FJ being in its last year. It's not over till the fat lady sings and I think a new buyer for Hummer will surface if the Chinese nix this deal. If it doesn't go through GM would still be liable for all Hummer warranty work, so there is some incentive for them to close the deal. I still don't think AMGeneral is totally out of the picture yet.
Does AMGeneral have $950 Million?
Old 01-21-2010, 02:04 PM
Hummer Authority

Bloomberg reported the Tengzhong deal with GM for Hummer was for $150 million in October, but in late November Bloomberg then reported that if you include foreign trade credits for GM with China the actual cost to buy Hummer was closer to $80 million. A BARGAIN by any stretch of the imagination and just shows GMs eagerness to dump Hummer.
http://wot.motortrend.com/6578150/au...tag/index.html
Old 01-22-2010, 01:12 AM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

For that price suprised Jay Leno wont move to Mexico and buy Hummer...
Quote:
Bloomberg reported the Tengzhong deal with GM for Hummer was for $150 million in October, but in late November Bloomberg then reported that if you include foreign trade credits for GM with China the actual cost to buy Hummer was closer to $80 million. A BARGAIN by any stretch of the imagination and just shows GMs eagerness to dump Hummer.
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 01-23-2010, 03:44 AM
Hummer Professional

BACKNBLACK is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpage
For that price suprised Jay Leno wont move to Mexico and buy Hummer...

Dealers were told today that the Hummer Deal has fallen thru. This was from my local Hummer Dealer who had the GM meeting at 9:00am today. I wont believe it until I see it in print but it does seem grim :-(
Number# 11 2007 H3x Desert Orange

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
2009 H3T Alpha Solar Flare
Old 01-23-2010, 11:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:

The deal origianlly was $150 Million to buy the brand and they had to promise to invest atleast $800 Million in it for new models, research, new engines, etc.
Thats where i came up with the $950.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKNBLACK
Dealers were told today that the Hummer Deal has fallen thru. This was from my local Hummer Dealer who had the GM meeting at 9:00am today. I wont believe it until I see it in print but it does seem grim :-(
Say it ain't so.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:16 PM
Hummer Expert

Our dealer up here has heard the same news and all of a sudden all of his 2009 H2s are sold and gone. There were three 2009 H2s two weeks ago and now there are none! If production is over for good, GM still would be responsible for parts and warranty like on my daughter's Oldsmobile. She got the extended warranty through GM at the dealer and can take it to any GM dealer for warranty work. I think collectors are going to start buying the remaining 2010 H3s. I'm trying to get some production numbers on how many were made in Shreveport for the short time the line was open.

Old 01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Hummer Expert

I've also noticed Lynch's Hummer Web site has been down the last three days. I hope this is just a technical glitch with their site and not the loss of another big Hummer dealer!

Old 01-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Hummer Authority

I dropped by Lynch on my way in highway 40 to St. Louis yesterday. Their website is back up and running and they had someone looking and test driving a 2010 H3 while I was there. They seem to be more optimistic than pessimistic about a 2010 H2 coming out, but no one knows if or when. I really like the Red Rock Metallic color on the new H3. It was a cloudy day and seems to go from deep maroon to reddish hue in different lights.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Even if the deal with the chinese falls through, i think they could still sell it to someone else. if i recall, there were three parties involved with early bidding before tengzhong won.

Its funny, i was at my dealer 3 days ago. their hummers are in the chevy lot for now. the owner is waiting to find out what will happen before he orders more product. they had a 2010 alpha that had a sold sign on the windshield. People are still buying these trucks and this brand is still profitable from what people tell me and from what i read on the net. who knows, maybe GM will keep it if the chinese government says no.