H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

The black rubber around all my windows look like crap. It look dull, scratchy and uneven.

Anyone else
Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

The black rubber around all my windows look like crap. It look dull, scratchy and uneven.

Anyone else
Old 08-04-2005, 08:40 PM

Wild One is off the scale

You might be able to make these look a little nicer with some silicone weatherstrip dressing. You can buy this product from any GM parts counter, or gmpartsdirect.com.
Part No. 3634770 is pretty expensive,
Part No. 12345579 is less expensive, but if you buy from gmpartsdirect, you have to buy a six-pack.

I haven't used 3634770, but I have used 12345579 on my 1994 Camaro's weatherstrip. Just applied it, let it set a bit, then wiped off the excess.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:04 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

Thank you

It is wavy too. I am going to ask them to replace it.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:18 PM
mstams

Must be another Hummer thing.

My first '03 H2 came with wavy trim on two windows, and my current '05 SUT has the problem on one window as well.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:11 AM

H3OH is off the scale

You know, not to sound like an ass, because I am not!, but I'm starting to question why you even bought the H3, H3Lady?

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:
You know, not to sound like an ass, because I am not!, but I'm starting to question why you even bought the H3, H3Lady?

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ding Ding Ding Ding Ding. And we have the winner.
Old 08-05-2005, 01:28 AM

OffRoadPete is off the scale

quote:
Originally posted by H3OH:

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you.

Hhhmmmmmmmmmmmm, I was thinking the same
Old 08-05-2005, 02:59 AM

Wild One is off the scale

Aren't automotive forums the most useful thing for finding ways to diagnose and fix everything from big problems to nit-picks? This is a shared ownership experience, and it's a tough-love-fest, not always just a love-fest.

We all like these cars, that's why we're here. What's wrong with trying to make the ownership experience better for someone?

If you don't want to read a complaint or a fix for it, don't click on that thread.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:10 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

My thoughts exactly. I am sure glad i wasnt her salseman. Can you imagine? /yikes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3OH:

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 08-05-2005, 07:33 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

We have an H2 and I consider it flawless, not one time in the shop and the fit is super..

The H3, well...I still love it, but would like to make aware of some of the problems I see. I will only help others and make the brand better. If I can notice it, so can a thousand more potential H3 buyer.

PS, I live 1 mile from a major GM plant, and yesterday while there, I had several GM employees mention the bad fit of the rubber around the windows and how bad it looked.

PS. I heard Hummer monitors this site closely anyway... they will hear it first here.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:45 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bparker:
My thoughts exactly. I am sure glad i wasnt her salseman. Can you imagine? /yikes

It seems that every time I log into the forum, I see a complaint post with your name tagged to it. I guess I should say this to be nice...I'm sorry you are having so many problems with the H3. It's a great vehicle and I hope things work out for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not going to go this far in my thoughts, but I have to say I do question that most of your posts have been complaints...not all, but most.
There will always be startup problems with any new vehicle, and I mean any new vehicle by any manufacturer. Hopefully, these problems will be small and can be repaired as soon as possible.
My suggestion for any problem is to take it to the dealer and let them repair it.
As you state your H2 is flawless, but is it a first year vehicle? So far, from what I have seen and read on this, here and on other forums, and from what I have seen of the vehicles themselves, this vehicle is one of the best first turn vehicles made. But yes, it might have small problems. Nothing made by man (or woman ) is totally flawless.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:56 PM

H3OH is off the scale

H3Lady,

I think I just found a picture of your H3...

I'm just messing with you.
Old 08-05-2005, 04:58 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

He may just be messing with you, but damn it was funny

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-05-2005, 05:27 PM

H3Lady is off the scale

Went to the dealer today. he is replacing all the window trim. He said it was the worst he has seen.

OH, they have a new type of trim, better than whats on the car.

funny....I don't think it;s a lemon...it a great truck...I LOVE IT...

anyone for lemondade...
Old 08-05-2005, 05:54 PM

H3OH is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OH, they have a new type of trim, better than whats on the car. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Must...

Elaborate...

More...

Old 08-06-2005, 10:07 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

the trim is suppose to be more heat resistant.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:44 AM

H3OH is off the scale

I'll give you one thing H3Lady, after washing my H3 this weekend, the wash sponge I used left lint in the "fuzzy" part on the bottom of the window. THAT made it look like crap! It's a pain in the ass to clean up too. White on black....hmmm!
Old 08-16-2005, 09:27 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

Gm is releasing new rubber trim for the windows soon

Got them on order already
Old 08-16-2005, 03:05 PM
Hummer Professional

HoKC is off the scale

How do you have them on order if they are not released yet by your own statement????