H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-18-2009, 02:04 AM
Hummer Professional

BACKNBLACK is off the scale
Default Re: Predator/SMA HD Brush Guard for H3

SO to make this story worse I get a call from predator saying they were sorry they did not call me last week but for sure it will go out this week.

I get a call 2 days ago and the Guard is running behind and I wont get it until next week. Im mad but not pissed at this point.

NOW TONIGHT I GET A CALL and she says we are really sorry but our welder is in the hospital and it will be two more weeks until we ship the brush guard and another week for me and everyone else to get it.

SO to make a long story short this guard better be worth a 3 month wait and we should get free shipping if you ask me. $50.00 off for 2 months extra wait is not worth it by a longshot. IMO $50.00 is an insult since we already paid a deposit on something we cannot seem to get and who knows when it will be in and shipped.

Iam hoping no more issues arise and praying the welder is ok and back on his feet asap.
Number# 11 2007 H3x Desert Orange

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
2009 H3T Alpha Solar Flare
Old 12-18-2009, 04:47 AM
Hummer Novice

calscot is on a distinguished road

Well hopefully this doesn't piss you off more. I have some pics of my grill, the brushguard and my Mavericks Fabrications rock sliders. I am really happy with everything but the powder coater is running behind on my wheels which means longer until I can drive this thing again!

The grill was Line-Xed, cost $95.00 with the extra coating so it is never supposed to fade.

The sliders are really cool, I thought about covering them with Line-X but they would never look the same after rubbing some rocks. Tried the Rustoleum hammertone but it looked too different from the brushguard so repainted with Satin black. I am happy with that choice as I got some Loctite on one and was already able to touch it up. I will repost when the wheels are on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1555.jpg (63.6 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1554s.jpg (64.3 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1550_2.jpg (58.6 KB, 384 views)
Old 12-18-2009, 01:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Looks great. Can you paint the bolts on the mavericks to black. They would blend much better that way.

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
Old 12-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Hummer Professional

hummeraddict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKNBLACK
SO to make this story worse I get a call from predator saying they were sorry they did not call me last week but for sure it will go out this week.

I get a call 2 days ago and the Guard is running behind and I wont get it until next week. Im mad but not pissed at this point.

NOW TONIGHT I GET A CALL and she says we are really sorry but our welder is in the hospital and it will be two more weeks until we ship the brush guard and another week for me and everyone else to get it.

SO to make a long story short this guard better be worth a 3 month wait and we should get free shipping if you ask me. $50.00 off for 2 months extra wait is not worth it by a longshot. IMO $50.00 is an insult since we already paid a deposit on something we cannot seem to get and who knows when it will be in and shipped.

Iam hoping no more issues arise and praying the welder is ok and back on his feet asap.
They told me about the welder being in the hospital too. i wonder what happened to him. anyway, it WILL be worth the wait. also, they shipped my bg on thursday and i got it on monday.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by calscot
Well hopefully this doesn't piss you off more. I have some pics of my grill, the brushguard and my Mavericks Fabrications rock sliders. I am really happy with everything but the powder coater is running behind on my wheels which means longer until I can drive this thing again!

The grill was Line-Xed, cost $95.00 with the extra coating so it is never supposed to fade.

The sliders are really cool, I thought about covering them with Line-X but they would never look the same after rubbing some rocks. Tried the Rustoleum hammertone but it looked too different from the brushguard so repainted with Satin black. I am happy with that choice as I got some Loctite on one and was already able to touch it up. I will repost when the wheels are on.
Very nice man.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:47 AM
Hummer Professional

Merry Xmas all but still no Brush Guard. It has now been almost 3 months and still dont even have an ETA. VERY VERY Disappointed with this company and its HORRIBLE customer service and commitment to customers. I understand the welder got sick/hurt but they should of brought in another welder. If i did that type of business in my company I would be freakin homeless I hope that Bguard gets shipped asap. I will be calling this week again.

Did I mention almost its been over 2 months and I already pre-paid $300.

Hummeraddict FYI I have followed EVERY channel possible to get ahold of Josh but he refuses to call people back. I assume they are nervous because they pre-sold a bunch of Bguards and have only delivered a few. Iam being patient but really this is getting ridiculous. As you can see by my signature I have owned over 10 hummers and own a Hummer club with over 200 members. Each and every H3 Owner is awaiting this guard and I have nothing to show them.

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
Old 12-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Merry Xmas all but still no Brush Guard. It has now been almost 3 months and still dont even have an ETA. VERY VERY Disappointed with this company and its HORRIBLE customer service and commitment to customers. I understand the welder got sick/hurt but they should of brought in another welder. If i did that type of business in my company I would be freakin homeless I hope that Bguard gets shipped asap. I will be calling this week again.

Did I mention almost its been over 2 months and I already pre-paid $300.

Hummeraddict FYI I have followed EVERY channel possible to get ahold of Josh but he refuses to call people back. I assume they are nervous because they pre-sold a bunch of Bguards and have only delivered a few. Iam being patient but really this is getting ridiculous. As you can see by my signature I have owned over 10 hummers and own a Hummer club with over 200 members. Each and every H3 Owner is awaiting this guard and I have nothing to show them.
I'm sorry dude. I wish they would get their @$$ moving. You're right, if my business was run the way they run theirs right now, i'd be jobless. I'll talk to josh and find out whats up for you.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Hummer Professional

i just sent josh an email. hopefully i'll hear from him tomorrow.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:34 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummeraddict
i just sent josh an email. hopefully i'll hear from him tomorrow.

Thanks. I also know that these things take time and you are going out of your way to help me. I appreciate that.

Thanks again and Happy Holidays.
-Peter

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
Old 12-28-2009, 06:12 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Thanks. I also know that these things take time and you are going out of your way to help me. I appreciate that.

-Peter
Dude, josh just emailed me. he said their welder is back working now and they should be done welding and powdercoating the last few before the end of this week. of course i'm gonna help you bro. I feel somewhat responsible for your long wait. Trust me though, you'll love the thing once it arrives. I was smiling for week when i got it on.

On a side note, what made you get out of the H1's and 2's?
Hummer Professional

Quote:

-Peter
Dude, josh just emailed me. he said their welder is back working now and they should be done welding and powdercoating the last few before the end of this week. of course i'm gonna help you bro. I feel somewhat responsible for your long wait. Trust me though, you'll love the thing once it arrives. I was smiling for week when i got it on.

Hummer Professional

Double post. sorry.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:36 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:

H1's are Awesome, Like no other however maintenece and pop-up issues are EVERY DAY it seems. My brand New 2001 H1 at $119,000 had Rust on it straight from the dealer. If you have a Warranty you are all set if you are out of warranty like my other H1's it will cost you a tom of money to keep the truck running like it should. Now for me Iam a bit of a wierdo when it comes to air leaks or fluid leaks so I spent a ton of money on CTIS issues and drive shaft leaks. ALl in all I love the H1's but lack of space for passengers, maintenece and people constantly booing you made me go in and out of the model. I have a family of 5 so space was definetly a commodity that the H1 didnt have.

H2's Luv them however I need more of a usuable truck and that has lots of room and can take a beating. No offense to the H3's but the H2 interior is as nice as my escalade and I dont feel I can beat it up:-) I love my H'2 but use the H3 more for what I feel Hummers are intended for.

Off-roading. Hands down my H3Alpha out wheeled my H2 and Iam a certified off-road instructor. It was the closest thing to my H1 that I have ever off roaded in in any terrain. (H2 owners dont hate me its just a reality) Not to disparage H2's in any way shape or form but the H2 is just a little to big, high and awkward to get out of alot of situations. I have broke more rear and side windows in my H2's trying to get out of tight spots than I can count on both hands . The offr oad instructors and I all agreed that the H3/H3Alpha were superior to the H2 in certain but NOT all off-road terrains. Please note my AlphaH3t also has a sweet FRONT LOCKER. Hope this answers your questions. I could go into pages of detail on all the vehicles and models that hummer has made. I owned all of them at least twice and plan to NEVER be without one.

Thanks agian for the assist-Peter

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona

Last edited by BACKNBLACK : 12-28-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
H1's are Awesome, Like no other however maintenece and pop-up issues are EVERY DAY it seems. My brand New 2001 H1 at $119,000 had Rust on it straight from the dealer. If you have a Warranty you are all set if you are out of warranty like my other H1's it will cost you a tom of money to keep the truck running like it should. Now for me Iam a bit of a wierdo when it comes to air leaks or fluid leaks so I spent a ton of money on CTIS issues and drive shaft leaks. ALl in all I love the H1's but lack of space for passengers, maintenece and people constantly booing you made me go in and out of the model. I have a family of 5 so space was definetly a commodity that the H1 didnt have.

H2's Luv them however I need more of a usuable truck and that has lots of room and can take a beating. No offense to the H3's but the H2 interior is as nice as my escalade and I dont feel I can beat it up:-) I love my H'2 but use the H3 more for what I feel Hummers are intended for.

Off-roading. Hands down my H3Alpha out wheeled my H2 and Iam a certified off-road instructor. It was the closest thing to my H1 that I have ever off roaded in in any terrain. (H2 owners dont hate me its just a reality) Not to disparage H2's in any way shape or form but the H2 is just a little to big, high and awkward to get out of alot of situations. I have broke more rear and side windows in my H2's trying to get out of tight spots than I can count on both hands . The offr oad instructors and I all agreed that the H3/H3Alpha were superior to the H2 in certain but NOT all off-road terrains. Please note my AlphaH3t also has a sweet FRONT LOCKER. Hope this answers your questions. I could go into pages of detail on all the vehicles and models that hummer has made. I owned all of them at least twice and plan to NEVER be without one.

Thanks agian for the assist-Peter
Very nice! Thanks for the explanation. I don't think you're too far from me. We should get together sometime. Do you have any off-roading places near you?
Old 12-29-2009, 03:14 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Very nice! Thanks for the explanation. I don't think you're too far from me. We should get together sometime. Do you have any off-roading places near you?

Sure do. Sounds Good.

120 acres in Spring Water NY

800 Acres in Geneva

Both sweet spots for wheelin.

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
Old 01-05-2010, 07:04 PM
Hummer Professional

Any word BACKINBLACK?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Any word BACKINBLACK?

Nope not at all. I just dont know what to do about it. Obviously email and calls dont work. The worst part yet is they dont even care that everyone sees in this forum that thier customer service and communication sucks. I just dont get it. I called yesterday and today with NO call back as usual.
-Peter

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
Old 01-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Hummer Professional

I just called again and finally talked to Josh. Nice guy when you can get ahold of Him. He was apologetic but not to worried that I have been waiting for near 3 months for this BG. In anycase I was told yet again that this week was the week for them to come back from PC and than shipping. I will keep you posted.

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
Old 01-05-2010, 10:17 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

i'm suprised at the customer service and still getting orders. Customer Service is the #1 reason I buy/sell with those that I work with.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
i'm suprised at the customer service and still getting orders. Customer Service is the #1 reason I buy/sell with those that I work with.

I agree 100%. Iam amazed they have not stepped it up after all of this bad press. Its all about that HD Brushguard. If others made it this would be a non issue.

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona