H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-23-2006, 02:33 PM

TigerH3 is off the scale

See link to full article below:

"As with any of the Hummer vehicles, the place to start judging the H3 is on the outside. The family resemblance is obvious: The H3 shares all the styling cues that make its brothers stand out on the road and in parking lots. The H3 looks downright all-business, nasty even.

One thing is for sure, the profile grabs attention. During my stint with the H3, I received more than my share of thumbs-up and shouts from gushing admirers. Needless to say, if you like the look of the other Hummers you’ll probably like the H3’s appearance.

Interior styling is much like the exterior in that it crafts a rugged ambiance, a no-nonsense approach but not one that looks sparse. In essence, form appears to follow function inside the H3."

. . .

"Rear-seat room ranks as OK for two, particularly a smaller set of two. I would not try to cram three back there. It may be technically possible, just not very humane.

The rear folds down to expand the cargo area. That’s a good thing, because while the cargo area will easily handle a load of groceries or a midsize family dog, it’s not the type of space one might expect given the vehicle’s exterior."

. . .

"On the highway, the Hummer is best left in the right lane. While certainly not a dog, it is not built for open-road speeds. This is evident not only in the car’s wind-blocking profile, but also in the depth of fifth gear. One must shift down at least one gear to find any passing power."

. . .

"The final judgment on the 2006 Hummer H3 sounds something like this: it is truly a Hummer vehicle, sharing the feel, look and function of its more expensive comrades. This is a car that a person would buy for one of two reasons: as a status symbol the way baby boomers used to buy BMWs; or for serious off-road use. There is no doubt in my mind that the H3 is quite capable at tackling your favorite off-road destinations, fording streams and generally enjoying the great outdoors. Indeed, this is a solid vehicle in just about every way.

The H3 is not, however, a competitor with more traditional SUVs. It lacks the versatility, room, and ease of driving of many of the market’s midsize and large special-purpose vehicles."

Link
Old 01-23-2006, 02:33 PM

TigerH3 is off the scale

See link to full article below:

"As with any of the Hummer vehicles, the place to start judging the H3 is on the outside. The family resemblance is obvious: The H3 shares all the styling cues that make its brothers stand out on the road and in parking lots. The H3 looks downright all-business, nasty even.

One thing is for sure, the profile grabs attention. During my stint with the H3, I received more than my share of thumbs-up and shouts from gushing admirers. Needless to say, if you like the look of the other Hummers you’ll probably like the H3’s appearance.

Interior styling is much like the exterior in that it crafts a rugged ambiance, a no-nonsense approach but not one that looks sparse. In essence, form appears to follow function inside the H3."

. . .

"Rear-seat room ranks as OK for two, particularly a smaller set of two. I would not try to cram three back there. It may be technically possible, just not very humane.

The rear folds down to expand the cargo area. That’s a good thing, because while the cargo area will easily handle a load of groceries or a midsize family dog, it’s not the type of space one might expect given the vehicle’s exterior."

. . .

"On the highway, the Hummer is best left in the right lane. While certainly not a dog, it is not built for open-road speeds. This is evident not only in the car’s wind-blocking profile, but also in the depth of fifth gear. One must shift down at least one gear to find any passing power."

. . .

"The final judgment on the 2006 Hummer H3 sounds something like this: it is truly a Hummer vehicle, sharing the feel, look and function of its more expensive comrades. This is a car that a person would buy for one of two reasons: as a status symbol the way baby boomers used to buy BMWs; or for serious off-road use. There is no doubt in my mind that the H3 is quite capable at tackling your favorite off-road destinations, fording streams and generally enjoying the great outdoors. Indeed, this is a solid vehicle in just about every way.

The H3 is not, however, a competitor with more traditional SUVs. It lacks the versatility, room, and ease of driving of many of the market’s midsize and large special-purpose vehicles."

Link
Old 01-23-2006, 03:05 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

The ‘Adventure Package’ added an off-road suspension, which accounts in no small part to the car’s rather rough ride.

It also throws in ‘oversized’ carpeted floor mats and ‘oversized’ rear carpeted floor mats. This is one package to consider skipping since it adds more than $1,000 to the price.

This guy dont know what he's talking about .For your money you get alot with the adventure package and those who didnt get it im sure regret it if they do any off roading and Its a better look cruzzin to the mall.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.