PDA

View Full Version : Using AUX input devices with 05 NAV

89vette
01-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Dos anyone know a good resource for finding out about this? I want to be albe to hook up a DVD player and watch the movie on the screen and hear the music through the speakers. I also want to be able to hook up a I POD. I have XM now and will be adding the 05 NAV unit.

89vette
Dos anyone know a good resource for finding out about this? I want to be albe to hook up a DVD player and watch the movie on the screen and hear the music through the speakers. I also want to be able to hook up a I POD. I have XM now and will be adding the 05 NAV unit.

89vette

NuckinFuts
01-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Hello,

I used PAC accessories for my DVD install. I hooked up their video box and aux. audio input to watch TV/DVD on the Nav. screen and listen to it through the speakers. I wanted to install their Ipod input device as well, but they said with everything else I had installed the Ipod would not work off of the steering wheel controls.

Good Luck,
Sean

89vette
01-13-2005, 07:31 PM
OK. I guess it is one or the other then.

Thanks

RI Hummer
01-20-2005, 12:29 PM
I just purchased the PAC audio Aux input converter so I could hook up the DVD through the factory stereo. You will not be able to watch it on the screen as that's a seperate module (it is avaliable through PAC though). having a front DVD screen for movies is a little dangerous not to mention it's a ticketable offence.

I'm doing the install next Monday and I'll post how it went.

RI