PDA

View Full Version : Wheeling in the Sand

kacyk
11-23-2004, 07:16 PM
Going to put my stock set on and head for the beach over the holiday. The terrain ranges from (mini)sand dunes, dead washed up tree stumps, hard grassy areas, water (ocean & small streams) to small boulders (almost looks like giant lava rocks).

It's a good mixture so I haven't in the past deflated the tires at the beach. However, I'll have my kids with me to have some fun so I want to be better prepared. Any thoughts on tire pressure in thsi situation?

I do have an air compressor so I can change at will. Thanks.

kacyk
Going to put my stock set on and head for the beach over the holiday. The terrain ranges from (mini)sand dunes, dead washed up tree stumps, hard grassy areas, water (ocean & small streams) to small boulders (almost looks like giant lava rocks).

It's a good mixture so I haven't in the past deflated the tires at the beach. However, I'll have my kids with me to have some fun so I want to be better prepared. Any thoughts on tire pressure in thsi situation?

kacyk

MountainMan
11-24-2004, 06:42 PM
I have seen postings by a guy who calls himself Pismo Danny ( I believe it is danny, anyway Pismo is a sand beach so he ,I would think,would be able to answer the airdown question for sand and H2s,
Have fun

kacyk
11-24-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks guys, I'm off to the coast Friday morning. My little kids love sitting on my lap and driving over things. Should be fun. The weather up her sucks though.

kacyk
11-30-2004, 04:29 AM
Didn't make it to the beach. I learned that snow finally hit the mountains so we took off to our Cabin in Leavenworth, WA.

The only thing I miss about my Land Rover over the Hummer...heated front windows.