Thought you'd like to take a gander.

Hummerstein
01-24-2003, 02:35 AM
Hi Folks,
Thought you'd like to take a gander.

Steve R
01-24-2003, 06:29 AM
Ahhhhh....I get it!!

You actually avoid scratches and desert pinstriping by being well ABOVE the hazard...cool!

Did that hurt the mpg much? How is your normal driving affected and how about side-slope stability?

Thanks for the pic....it's not my thing...but it's neat anyways!

H2 Cowboy
01-24-2003, 10:36 PM
well. lifted vehicles are my favorite things in the world! judging by that pic, i would say that he has a 10" all suspension lift, with a custom front axle crossover bar(red thing in front) that connects the two front wheels and allows them to turn. on his left front wheel he has to hydrolic coil spring shocks. the wheels he has are 40" Super Swamper TSL tires.

just thought you might want to know.

SJ
01-24-2003, 10:54 PM
What gears are you running - 4.56?

That's one way to keep the engine compartment dry during fording, huh? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hummerstein
01-24-2003, 11:19 PM
The installation of the lift can be seen at the following website.

http://www.off-roadweb.com/tech/0301or_lift/

Happy Trails!

Jim
03' Pewter, LUX H-2
00' K3500 Crew Cab
69' Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser
71' 427 FJ-40 Land Cruiser
02' Nissan Maxima SE

Mike97ZJ
01-25-2003, 01:27 AM
I don't think it's worth it. Too many drawbacks to going that high.

And I wonder how long that will last before it breaks? Full Throttle just builds showtrucks. Anybody who actually USED thier truck would swap in a SFA before going sky high like that with IFS. There's a reason that Rancho, Pro-Comp and other reputable suspension mfrs. only offer up to 6" IFS lifts.

If you can fit 37" tires on a stock H2, why lift it 9.5" to fit 39's?

Now it's much harder to get in, a lot less stable, and most likely rides much worse.

And look at all that junk hanging down in the front suspension. That only has about an inch or so more clearance underneath than a stock H2 on 37's.

I usually like lifted vehicles, but I don't think the H2 looks right at all when lifted.

I'd say 4", MAX, is all a H2 should be lifted. I'd actually like to see a Hummer with a 2" lift and trimmed fenders to fit 38's. Now THAT would be cool, AND functional.

rpv
01-25-2003, 02:57 PM
H2 Cowboy,

I too like the lifted look but on the H2 is it possible to just lift the front end about 3-5 inches???...is there such a thing???...and if you put 37s on the 17 in rims, will the computer/RPM/MPH, etc need recalibrating???

RPV

buddy
01-25-2003, 03:50 PM
rvp,

You can crank the torsion bars up a little, maybe getting another 1" to 1 1/2" up front, with a somewhat firmer ride. You may need to get an aligment after making any changes though.

I cranked mine up about two turns each side, to try and level the front to rear. For some reason I have very little adjustment, some GM trucks have a lot more adjustment.

Check your torsion bars adjustment. The passenager side of mine has very little left to crank up, while the driver's side has plenty.
The dealer said they're all different, some has more on the right and some have more on the left. I kinda thought they ought be fairly equal on each side or with driver's side getting the extra turn or two.

buddy

BADRAP
05-23-2003, 03:09 AM
Just so you all know that is a Full Throttle Suspension 9.5" Hummer lift for the IFS (independent front suspension) with a double shock conversion on the upper A arm, with 38 TSL Swampers, has a nice chrome sway bar and yes the COG(center of gravity) is higher and it will lean in the turns BADLY...There is a guy here in Houston that has one on the new STS Swampers 44 X 21, and it is huge, bad part: 4.5 MPG........
For pics visit: www.bncoffroad.com (http://www.bncoffroad.com)

03 H2, Lux, Pewter, more upgrades soon..
Houston Texas Hummer H2 Chapter coming soon..