PDA

View Full Version : Takin' it from the dealer...

Adam in CO
09-30-2003, 02:24 PM
So, I brought my rig back in after they fixed the tie rod (waranty work, had to pay for an alignment), and it turns out that the pitman and idler arms are both bad. It turns out that it is NOT covered under warranty and they're charging me almost $800.00. They also claim that the tie rod that they did replace was billed back to them by GM and they have to eat it.

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

Adam in CO
09-30-2003, 02:24 PM
So, I brought my rig back in after they fixed the tie rod (waranty work, had to pay for an alignment), and it turns out that the pitman and idler arms are both bad. It turns out that it is NOT covered under warranty and they're charging me almost $800.00. They also claim that the tie rod that they did replace was billed back to them by GM and they have to eat it.

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

1BADH2
09-30-2003, 06:49 PM
DEALERS SUCK http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Hummie2
09-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Adam....

You might want to get a second opinion from another alignment shop before taking the dealer's word for it that both idler and pitman arm are bad!

The first step in any quality alignment is to check for worn/damaged steering components. A good shop will not align the front end if bad parts are present. You should be able to get a front alignment for less than 50 bucks.

BTW, checked GMPartsDirect.com p/n 12471383 shows GM List of $161.81 their price $91.81 and p/n 12479051 GM List $111.07 their price $63.31.

MAC
10-01-2003, 12:54 AM
What was the cause for the problem in the first place? regular use or offroad damages?

Hum2
10-01-2003, 10:28 AM
Gee Mac...you should know Adam well enough from reading this Forum....He would never place a "soccer mom" problem before the masses! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ric

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net

Adam in CO
10-02-2003, 07:08 PM
Geez, Mac. You should know better.

I actually did the damage at the McDonald's drive-thru. Had to have a Big Mac!

Really, it was trail damage. Stemming from the broken tie rod. I did the see the replacement parts (idler arm, pitman arm, etc) and they were jammed to hell.

Free camber kit and alignment, tho.

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

MAC
10-02-2003, 10:18 PM
You must have known the reason I asked that question, I'd think the same question GM/Hummer asks when they see your warranty claim, the same reason why the warranty claim was declined. The same question you'd ask if you are the GM man and the same reason why you would decline that warranty claim if your job is to protect the company and follow the publishes rules.

I thought my question was clear enough to be the answer to your original post. Nothing personal and not an opinion, just the very obvious point of view from the other side of the table(auto manufacturer). Instead of telling you why I think they rejected your claim, I asked the question which should lead you to the answer.

Circuitguy
10-03-2003, 09:00 AM
I had a local dealer try that crap with me on my H2 and Denali about paying for an alignment that was needed after some front end repairs covered under warranty. NOT! That did not happen! 3-36 warranty covers everything less tires and brake pads. The longer they try to get money out of me for bogus repair charges, the longer I wait to pick up my H2 and just keep on driving there $40.00 a day rent-a-car. Lest see...$40 for an alignment or $400 for the rental charges. If you was a dealer what would you rather pay for? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif BIG-C

White 03-H2-LUX

<a target="_blank" href="http://www.gstyle4u.com">
http://www.elcova.com/h2/gstyle.jpg</a>

MAC
10-03-2003, 01:09 PM
There is another possibility or maybe another way to look at Adam's case.
1- Dealer does not decide what is covered under warranty, GM does.
2- Adam's dealer knew these are offroad damages and not covered under warranty, but they did Adam a favor by not charging Adam and reported as a warranty, thinking maybe they could get away with it.
3- GM declined the warranty, dealer had to eat the cost for their good intention.
4- For that dealer's kindness, GM rejected its claim, dealer lost money, Adam is mad at dealer, and others say dealer sucks. It does not pay to be nice.
5- The lesson learned here for all businessmen is to always follow the rules, do not go out the way to help a customer.
6- Alec, just my understanding not whole fact, insurance companies pay 30% less or thereabout than individuals on repairs, that is the discount they get from the dealers for the volumn or trade courtesy. If I am the insurance man, I would expect that from the dealers and auto shops.

Adam in CO
10-03-2003, 02:36 PM
Jeez. I can barely stand to read this drivel.

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

MAC
10-03-2003, 08:31 PM
It is no drivel to point out the dealer fixed the tie rod for you at no charge.

MAC
10-04-2003, 12:48 AM
If one can't pay the price, don't play the game.
If someone did me a favor, I thank him. The last thing I would do is to go on the internet to complain about him or smear his reputation.

Do you guys have a different set of rules in how to return a favor? drivel?

MAC
10-04-2003, 04:21 AM
You guys love to go rough with the Hummers, that's your business. The damages come with the game you play, you know they are not covered under warranty. Don't cry about the cost. I came home from playing football with bruises, got soaking wet and lost cell phone at river rafting, broke my foot when skiing, I don't come home crying or blame the other guys or try to cheat GM. If I can't pay the price, I don't play the game. Basic gentleman's honor, whatever you do and whoever you are.

If you want people to know the whole story, you tell the whole story instead of busy making fun of me or bully me around. The core of the story is still the same, your off road damages are not covered under warranty, how can you complain about it? why do I even have to spell it out for you? you should know that before you went out.

If you are nice to me, I return that favor by being double nicer to you. Neither you nor I back away from a fight, nobody bully me around, likewise with you. It does not pay to be nasty, we both lose. If you want to play that game with me, we both have to pay the price. It is only wise that we both back off.

Adam in CO
10-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Isn't there a way to block a user's posts (all of them) so that we can stop posting the definition of "drivel"?

Adam P. Smith
Mortgage Pros, Inc.
303-407-2405 p
303-407-2414 f
aps101374@yahoo.com

steepndeep
10-14-2003, 12:12 AM
sounds like you should go back to the dealer on the south end of the state.