PDA

View Full Version : Diablo Sport Install PROBLEMS- Help!

Longhorn
11-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Has anyone had this happen? The unit was able to save the factory data, but when I tried to install the performance tune I got the following errors:

Unknown
Script Error
Interpreter Stopped
Writing Error
Install Failed

Then the unit had the same failures when I tried to restore the stock setting. I have not tried to restart my vehicle. What should I do?

Can I start my truck or has the factory program been totally removed?

Thanks

Longhorn
11-08-2003, 06:58 PM
Has anyone had this happen? The unit was able to save the factory data, but when I tried to install the performance tune I got the following errors:

Unknown
Script Error
Interpreter Stopped
Writing Error
Install Failed

Then the unit had the same failures when I tried to restore the stock setting. I have not tried to restart my vehicle. What should I do?

Can I start my truck or has the factory program been totally removed?

Thanks

Patriot
11-08-2003, 07:42 PM
Never got that error but it sounds like the stock program should still be in there.

It copies the stock script to the programmer but doesn't get over written until the new tune is down loaded...which by your e-mail, I don't think that happened.

Did you pull the fuses for On-Star??

Longhorn
11-08-2003, 07:59 PM
I pulled the two fuses in the lower right corner of the box. THe Onstar light was off in the cab.

I just tried erasing the error messages through Diagnostics but it did not help.

This sucks.

WHITE BEAST
11-08-2003, 08:42 PM
OK I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM.

1. YES, THE FACTORY SETTINGS ARE STORED AND CANT BE OVERWRITTEN.
2. TRY TO PROGRAM THE TRUCK AGAIN......IF IT DOESNT WORK, PRESS ESCAPE AND TRY IT A SECOND TIME.
3. IF THE PROBLEM PRESISTS, CALL GRANATELLI MOTORSPORTS (THE MANUFACTURER'S) AND ASK FOR MARCO........TELL HIM YOUR A FRIEND OF NICK FROM ELITE IN NY....HE'S THEIR HIGHEST TECH.

GOOD LUCK AND DON'T WORRY.

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav/DVD, 3 Screens, Cold Air, Metal Dash/Mats/Steering Wheel, All SMA Chromes, Signal Mirror, Corsa Exhaust, JBA Headers, Diablo Programmer, Nology Plugs & Wires.

WHITE BEAST
11-08-2003, 08:43 PM
OH YES,

MAKE SURE YOU PULL THE FUSE INSIDE YOUR ENGINE COMPARTMENT IN THE BOTTOM RIGHT CORNER ONLY THAT SAYS "INFO"!

2003 White Lux, Alpine Nav/DVD, 3 Screens, Cold Air, Metal Dash/Mats/Steering Wheel, All SMA Chromes, Signal Mirror, Corsa Exhaust, JBA Headers, Diablo Programmer, Nology Plugs & Wires.

Longhorn
11-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Thanks Nick-

I imagine I won't hear from Granatelli til Monday. I hope to resolve this then. My truck runs fine. I initially thought that the programmer had maybe "pulled" out the stock programming.

Klaus
11-09-2003, 11:57 PM
Hmmm... Didn't you buy that Predator on eBay? I hope it was OK.

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

Longhorn
11-10-2003, 10:59 PM
Classic case in point: You get what you paid for.

I hope it all works out too.

Klaus
11-13-2003, 10:54 AM
Longhorn,

Any update on the problem with your programmer?

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

Longhorn
11-17-2003, 12:02 AM
My fingers are still crossed. I sent it back to Granatelli on Thursday. I could not locate the purchase invoice so I hope they will warranty it. I 'll let everyone know.

HUMMERDOGG
11-17-2003, 12:25 AM
LonghorRockcrawler-

BadRap stopped by the house today and installed several products I ordered from him. We ran the Diablo Sport Programmer and had no issues with it.

-Hummerdogg