PDA

View Full Version : Sport Exhaust

O.C. Tonka
11-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Does anyone know much about adding sport exhausts to my H2. I'm think about 3 versions: SMA, Borla, and Corsa. Does adding them really make a difference in power & gas mileage? Any thoughts?

O.C. Tonka
Does anyone know much about adding sport exhausts to my H2. I'm think about 3 versions: SMA, Borla, and Corsa. Does adding them really make a difference in power & gas mileage? Any thoughts?

O.C. Tonka

HummerLV
11-03-2004, 10:39 PM
i have the corsa sport and love it, sounds great.
power yes
mileage no
and welcome

OldHiker
11-04-2004, 02:01 AM
Same here. Have the Corsa Sport and love the sound. At speed is also no problem. As far as mileage, forgetaboutit!

O.C. Tonka
11-04-2004, 03:17 AM
Thanks for your input. I'm thinking about the sport as well.....but do you know if the Touring exhaust has any advantages over the sport?

SOCRATES
11-04-2004, 05:39 PM
Much more quiet -- I would definitely go for the Sport, you won't be sorry. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Big Jag
11-04-2004, 09:01 PM
I have Borla exhaust. Looks and sounds good, louder than stock but queiter than Corsa Sport. It has a distintive mellow tone. Power increase, debatable - Mileage increase, no. There are many past threads on this forum regarding aftermarket exhaust. I would go back and read through them, they will be pretty informative about your different options.

O.C. Tonka
11-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the info. I will check into past postings. Sounds like anything above stock is good. I'm looking forward to adding some deep sound. THANKS!

kacyk
11-10-2004, 05:33 AM
I have the Corsa Sport. IMHO, it sounds like a semi-truck. I heard a Borla system and liked the strong mellow sound of it better. It reminded me of the old 5.0 mustangs whereas the sound of the Corsa is a bit untaimed.

However, the catback system of the Corsa is better performance wise and my MPG went from 10 to 11. Really!

Truthfully, most people get worse gas mileage for the first few months after a muffler install because we all gas it just to make the car sing!

kacyk
11-10-2004, 05:34 AM
Also, go to Corsa.com and hear the exhaust tones.

TBarrow
11-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Well we all like what we have and I have the B&B Headers and Dual Exhaust.

RFox
11-15-2004, 01:54 AM
I got to hear the RealWheels SEMA "Project" SUT and it had Belanger Headers with the Corsa Sport system. It sounded really great, but loud!! They also used a second set of CORSA 4" dual tips to create the dual exhaust in the rear. Corsa definitely has the best looking tips, and the dual look was oustanding.

Rx450sc
11-15-2004, 02:06 AM
Corsa sports also get louder over time. I have them with long tube dynatech headers and a magnuson supercharger. It sounds like a pro street car coming down the road. People do take notice when you go by.

KenP
11-15-2004, 06:44 AM
I love my combo: Borla headers with a B&B Triflow cat back. But it's loud. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-23-2004, 11:21 PM
I had duals put on with magnaflow 40 series and it is loud. I like it but my little girls do not and they are with me alot and mean the world to me. Should I have went with 2 50 series instead of 2 40's? I think that is how they go 50's quieter than 40's. My youngest says it hurts her head and my older girl points to her chest and says dad it hurts in here. I actually feel like I have lost some of that luxury by making it so load. I messed up. You can really feel the vibration from the very deep low sound. I'm going to have to correct problem. Would You guy's let Me know what I should do to make riding in the 05 pleasurable again. My exhaust shop will work with Me. He is a professional. He does not even use the word muffler shop as He does so much custom work, He is an exhaust shop he says. Please give Me some idea's. I want it deeper and louder than stock but I just got carried away. He did what I asked. He tried to get me to back up a little but a kid working for him said he had done this exhaust on another H2 and He thought I would like it. I do but, I want My passengers to be comfortable.
Thanks
Rick

Nighthunter
11-23-2004, 11:34 PM
You Should go with a Magnaflow 14568 Muffler the flowmaster that you used are terrible with vibration in the interior at about 2000 to 2500 rpm. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-24-2004, 12:51 AM
Nighthunter You hit the nail on the head. that is about where it gets real rough 2000 RPM but, it is bad not as bad but bad at lower RPM if You happen to catch it in just the right condition like pulling up a hill.
Does anyone else have any help for Me. I know it's not life or death but when You get that Dream Ride I feel like I screwed up Royally.
Thanks
Rick

vip808
11-24-2004, 01:07 AM
RLTAZH2,
If you're trying to cut the in cab noise but like the sound your exhaust is giving you have you thought about sound deadening material? I too am planning of getting a better exhaust so I installed some s/d material to the rear and doors of my truck. Don't know how much it's gonna help but it helped with my last SUV when I added a Borla system.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-24-2004, 02:15 PM
I thought of that but vibration is so bad my kids will not sit on passenger side of middle seat as the exhaust runs down that side. You can glance back at acceleration and see the middle seat moving. I'm just going to have to change mufflers. I'm going to look into the muffler Nighthunter suggested but still open to advice from the veteran if You will let me know what you think. I should have used the Magnaflow 50 series I guess and may have been happy.
Thanks
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-25-2004, 11:49 PM
PhilD I'm talking to the exhaust shop and Flowmaster tech and it is looking like will switch to duel 50 series. Flowmaster suggested trying the heat shield over the top of muffler and pointing exhaust tips straight behind instead of turning them down under the H2, plus i get to add chrome tips, LOL. we will try this first before changing series.
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
11-28-2004, 02:26 PM
PhilD
I will make a new post concerning this. Monday I'm going back to exhaust shop and try a few things to keep the 40's working before I give up and go to 50"s.

RIC-H0
11-28-2004, 05:48 PM
Have you considered going with duel resonators? That should tone it down a bit, but not get rid of the lower rumble out back.
Speak with your exhaust guy about this option, and I'm sure he can let you know about that option.
Good luck!

Ric-H2

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
12-01-2004, 12:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RLTAZH2:
I had duals put on with flowmater 40 series and it is loud. I like it but my little girls do not and they are with me alot and mean the world to me. Should I have went with 2 50 series instead of 2 40's? I think that is how they go 50's quieter than 40's. My youngest says it hurts her head and my older girl points to her chest and says dad it hurts in here. I actually feel like I have lost some of that luxury by making it so load. I messed up. You can really feel the vibration from the very deep low sound. I'm going to have to correct problem. Would You guy's let Me know what I should do to make riding in the 05 pleasurable again. My exhaust shop will work with Me. He is a professional. He does not even use the word muffler shop as He does so much custom work, He is an exhaust shop he says. Please give Me some idea's. I want it deeper and louder than stock but I just got carried away. He did what I asked. He tried to get me to back up a little but a kid working for him said he had done this exhaust on another H2 and He thought I would like it. I do but, I want My passengers to be comfortable.
Thanks
Rick <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

superbeast
03-31-2005, 01:44 AM
well what was the verdict ?? i just put a dual in dual out 50 series flowmaster its a litter louder then stock but not loud enough i want it to sound mean not just alittle cool

89vette
03-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I first installed the Corsa Touring and it sounded exactly like the stock system. I sold it and installed a Corsa Sport. The Corsa does not sound good to me. It sounds like an old car from the 70's that the muffler fell off. I know many people will disagree with this and I might confuse you more. When I traded in the 03 for the 05, it was so much nicer diving the 05 with the stock exhaust I just sold the Corsa Sport. Corsa needs to make the touring just a litte more aggressive.