PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood 911 NAV/DVD/TV

mpetrich
09-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone,
Looking for your opinion on the install of the Kenwood 911 head unit and headrest monitors. ABT Electronics (a really good electronics store) is telling me to install the 911, the headrest monitors, add a 12 inch sub and replace all the speakers in the H2. This plus a few other add-ons (Dolby surround sound and the Kenwood Music Keg) comes to grand total of $12,000 installed. OUCH!! Has anyone installed this type of unit (NAV/DVD) and left the original speakers in the H2? Is it worth it to do? Maybe I can change the speakers out later? I really want the NAV/DVD and the 911 installs right where our current OEM head unit is located and the middle channel speaker goes right above it. The installation looks great! Also, there is an interface that allows all the steering wheel controls to still work and the Onstar will still work through the radio.
Thanks for your help.
Matt

mpetrich
09-22-2003, 07:41 PM
Hi everyone,
Looking for your opinion on the install of the Kenwood 911 head unit and headrest monitors. ABT Electronics (a really good electronics store) is telling me to install the 911, the headrest monitors, add a 12 inch sub and replace all the speakers in the H2. This plus a few other add-ons (Dolby surround sound and the Kenwood Music Keg) comes to grand total of $12,000 installed. OUCH!! Has anyone installed this type of unit (NAV/DVD) and left the original speakers in the H2? Is it worth it to do? Maybe I can change the speakers out later? I really want the NAV/DVD and the 911 installs right where our current OEM head unit is located and the middle channel speaker goes right above it. The installation looks great! Also, there is an interface that allows all the steering wheel controls to still work and the Onstar will still work through the radio.
Thanks for your help.
Matt