PDA

View Full Version : any way to raise the seats?

psywzrd
10-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Is there any way to raise the seats on an H3 with the Lux package? (yes, I know they can be raised using the button on the left side of the seat). I want to know if there's a way to raise them maybe a couple inches or so to give yourself a more commanding view of the road.

psywzrd
10-15-2005, 12:45 AM
Is there any way to raise the seats on an H3 with the Lux package? (yes, I know they can be raised using the button on the left side of the seat). I want to know if there's a way to raise them maybe a couple inches or so to give yourself a more commanding view of the road.

Vandakeg
10-15-2005, 01:03 AM
telephone book?

The Green Lantern
10-15-2005, 01:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Vandakeg:
telephone book? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif lol yeah, put it on the seat - it will give you a good 2-3 inches.... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Webb70
10-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Or bigger tires to raise the seat (and the rest of the truck) http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

The Green Lantern
10-15-2005, 11:54 AM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif - you know, I tried 3 telephone books, put it on the seat I had a great view my head is sticking out the roof (moonroof)... http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Desert Dan
10-15-2005, 11:58 AM
On my Wrangler I raised the front seats an inch because on the newer Wranglers you sit lower than previous models.

I used small metal blocks cut to the size I wanted as spacers between the floor board and seat mounts. Use longer bolts as needed (grade 8 bolts for safety)
I have seen other people use metal tubing and hocky pucks or roller blade wheels as spacers.

I am sure something like this could be done on an H3?? Make sure you have slack in any of the electrical wires etc.

x-humm
10-16-2005, 03:38 AM
I raised mine in my '73 Thing (little Hummer)after I performed a 3" body lift. I built an adaptors that attached the floor pan to the seat rail. There is not adaptors for Hummers, you would have to built one yourself. Give yourself enough headroom, specially if you go Off-roading alot...good luck

kacyk
10-16-2005, 04:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
Is there any way to raise the seats on an H3 with the Lux package? (yes, I know they can be raised using the button on the left side of the seat). I want to know if there's a way to raise them maybe a couple inches or so to give yourself a more commanding view of the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if your seat is working corectly. After reading your post I put mine all the way up and my head is at the ceiling. I usually have it all the way down.

psywzrd
10-16-2005, 01:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kacyk:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by psywzrd:
Is there any way to raise the seats on an H3 with the Lux package? (yes, I know they can be raised using the button on the left side of the seat). I want to know if there's a way to raise them maybe a couple inches or so to give yourself a more commanding view of the road. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wonder if your seat is working corectly. After reading your post I put mine all the way up and my head is at the ceiling. I usually have it all the way down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was actually wondering that myself. I'm definitely able to raise the seat but it doesn't seem like it raises very far (kind of like the dashboard lights not dimming very much...

H3wannabe
10-16-2005, 01:38 PM
Something definetly sounds wierd. I am only 5'8" and I can put my seat up too high.

H3wannabe

psywzrd
10-16-2005, 02:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3wannabe:
Something definetly sounds wierd. I am only 5'8" and I can put my seat up too high.

H3wannabe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I'm about 5'9" and I can't raise the seat up too high. I would say I have at least 4-5 inches of headroom to spare when the seat is all the way up. Does this sound right to you? You're about the same height as me so our results should be similar.

H3OwnerDiz
10-16-2005, 09:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3wannabe:

H3wannabe </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really? I'm about 5'9" and I can't raise the seat up too high. I would say I have at least 4-5 inches of headroom to spare when the seat is all the way up. Does this sound right to you? You're about the same height as me so our results should be similar. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You're better off if you each raise your seats all the way up, then use a tape measure and measure to the ceiling, then comparing results. Torso and leg lengths vary. Does the passenger side have power seat controls that you can compare against? (I don't have power seats so I don't know if it's on both seats or not)

jkH1+H2=H3
10-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I keep my seat as low as it can go, at 5'7".5, It's cool to get that humvee feeling where people can't see you, very stealthy!!!!

psywzrd
10-18-2005, 11:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> You're better off if you each raise your seats all the way up, then use a tape measure and measure to the ceiling, then comparing results. Torso and leg lengths vary. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a good idea. I'll measure mine with the seats all the way up and I'll post my results.

fourfourto
10-18-2005, 01:43 PM
I beleve cieling is lower in sunroof installed h3's

Klint
10-18-2005, 05:14 PM
A babys hichair you can get them used for around $5 on Ebay