PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelt belt chime

Daveh2
10-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Has anyone figured out how to hack the seat belt tone that seems to be embedded into the nav radio. That damn thing is loud! I've even got it set to low. Sometimes when I'm rolling up on some smooth mountain roads in Utah I just dont want to wear my seatbelt (15mph by the way) Not highways, but dirt roads in a community.

Daveh2
10-19-2005, 02:26 AM
Has anyone figured out how to hack the seat belt tone that seems to be embedded into the nav radio. That damn thing is loud! I've even got it set to low. Sometimes when I'm rolling up on some smooth mountain roads in Utah I just dont want to wear my seatbelt (15mph by the way) Not highways, but dirt roads in a community.

OrangeCrush
10-21-2005, 12:34 AM
Not sure about the seat belt chime but I recently talked to a GM tech friend of mine. I hate how loud the chime is when you leave the key in the ignition.

I talked to my friend and he said that they can use a techII programmer to change the volume in the ECM.

Just a suggestion. I went to see him this week and had him do a recall on the remote system and forgot to do the chime thing. DUH

Mark

Daveh2
10-21-2005, 02:20 AM
OrangeCrush
Thanks for the info. I'm dying to hear if that works! Just reducing the volume would be awesome. That friggin chime is off the hook loud. Would you let me know exactly what needs to be told to the service tech in order to get that reduced? Thanks!

OrangeCrush
10-22-2005, 01:52 AM
I will let you know when I get it done. I'll let you know what happens. This is the first vehicle I've ever had that the chimes are built into the stereo system.

But you are so right, they are obnoxiously loud.

I'll make a post when I get it done.

Mark

rodster
10-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Not sure if this is even feasible but, wouldn't it be easier to permanently close the seat switch than hack the electronics?

OrangeCrush
10-22-2005, 02:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Not sure if this is even feasible but, wouldn't it be easier to permanently close the seat switch than hack the electronics? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, it's just a matter of using a TechII and changing the parameters. No different than changing gear ratios or speedometer settings in the ECM.

Mark

rodster
10-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Is the TechII a programmer that only dealers and mechanics have? I know my Superchips programmer won't do that.

OrangeCrush
10-22-2005, 08:26 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xAltitude:
Have you tried closing the door? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now, that's FUNNY, I don't care who you are...lol.

Rod,

Yes, a TechII is a handheld reprogrammer that will allow you to change parameters on the vehicle, monitor any OBDII function.

I've got a Snap On version which is several thousand dollars but it doesn't even come close to what a Tech II will allow me to do.

For instance, we do alot of Acura work at my bodyshop. That same Snap On tool will reset SRS lights on most vehicles that the airbags have been deployed but not Acuras... The tool simply isn't as good as what the dealers have. (also, nowhere near the money)

Mark

Hummertech
10-22-2005, 04:13 PM
FYI, The reprogramming of the radio to lower the chime volume, doesn't lower it much so don't expect a world of difference, it's a little quieter, but not that much.

OrangeCrush
10-23-2005, 01:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hummertech:
FYI, The reprogramming of the radio to lower the chime volume, doesn't lower it much so don't expect a world of difference, it's a little quieter, but not that much. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exactly what I was told. The reprogramming only quietens it, not eliminates it.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
10-23-2005, 06:24 PM
I have not followed up on this after I had decided to earlier. But, I was wondering why not unplug it from seat and run a jumper on the plug side to the dash then it will never come on I would think.

TAZ

OrangeCrush
10-24-2005, 12:13 AM
The idea makes perfect sense but one question. What does the door chime have to do with the seat plug?

let me know cause I'd like to try it... it's damn annoying.

Thanks,

Mark

rodster
10-24-2005, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OrangeCrush:
The idea makes perfect sense but one question. What does the door chime have to do with the seat plug?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DaveH2's question that started this thread was about muting the seat belt chime. That might be doable by closing the seat swich. Disabling the door chime is a different animal.

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
10-24-2005, 03:02 AM
thanks rodster yes i was talking just about the seat belt. I think jumping it will keep circuit closed or open how ever they set it up. rodster I think the seatbelt has something also in common with ground when you hok it up so as You mentioned it could be a little harder than just jumping a wire.

TAZ

OrangeCrush
10-25-2005, 12:20 AM
Thanks guys, actually, my bitch isn't even the door chime, it's teh damn key in ignition reminder.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

DeBest
10-25-2005, 09:45 AM
I certainly havent had any luck trying to find quick fixes, but I was wondering if anyone has tried fabricating a insert that can be placed in the seatbelt buckle that would depress the inside of it as if the other end of the seatbelt had been inserted.

HummerH2
10-27-2005, 08:34 PM
put your seatbelt on

TootsSUT
10-27-2005, 09:08 PM
I don't have this problem. Mine doesn't chime at all and I never use the the belt. Strange.

TootsSUT
10-27-2005, 09:10 PM
HummerH2,

What in the hell is in your avatar? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HummerH2
10-27-2005, 09:25 PM
its a dog smoking with bling

TootsSUT
10-28-2005, 02:48 PM
Now I see it!! Thanks! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

usmctopgun
02-15-2006, 10:40 PM
Anyone ever come up with a solution to the seatbelt chime...mine is driving me nukin futs!

Easy Ed
02-16-2006, 12:16 AM
See if page 3-36 here (http://www.elcova.com/h2/2k03hummer1.pdf) will help.

usmctopgun
02-16-2006, 01:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Easy Ed:
See if page 3-36 here (http://www.elcova.com/h2/2k03hummer1.pdf) will help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, I have that on normal, but it does not affect the seatbelt chime. I just want to turn the seatbelt chime off.

tomp
02-16-2006, 02:26 AM
I think I remember seeing an option in the NAV unit to turn the vol down/up

Daveh2
02-16-2006, 02:45 AM
Yes, the only options are normal or loud. In my experience it's loud or ear drum rupturing. The dealer ordered a new nav unit for me. They said this should solve it. I'll keep all posted.

Planohummer
02-16-2006, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeBest:
I certainly havent had any luck trying to find quick fixes, but I was wondering if anyone has tried fabricating a insert that can be placed in the seatbelt buckle that would depress the inside of it as if the other end of the seatbelt had been inserted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Why not go by your dealer and have them order you a seatbelt extender? GM gives one free to each owner when requested due to ADA.