PDA

View Full Version : HoKC..What did you think of the ride?

firm
05-11-2005, 08:23 PM
How was the power in the H3? Did you feel it was weak? Thanks!

firm
05-11-2005, 08:23 PM
How was the power in the H3? Did you feel it was weak? Thanks!

HoKC
05-12-2005, 12:03 PM
I thought it was good, Obviously it is not the same as an H2 but then if you wanted that you would just buy an H2. It is a lighter vehicle and you can tell that it does not have to work as hard to get it going. The one I test drove was an Adventure packge with the 33" tires. It did make it through all the obstacles in our test drive track just like the H2, it actually seemed to climb the verticle step better than the H2 (most likely because of the higher Crawl ratios). The clearance on things was a lot closer than the H2. The ride itself on the road was very good. It is quiet and a fairly smooth ride. The biggest surprise for me was the first time I did a u-turn in it. We have a Chevy store across and down the street a little from us and I work there as well, I drive back and forth a number of times and when I take an H2 I usually enter the street right in front of our store and into the turn lane (its a Four lane road) The H2 can do a u-turn from the turn lane into the far lane with no problem. The H3 practically turned into the near lane!! It has a MUCH smaller turn radius. I think that will be huge for people that drive it every day in parking lots as well as much better for off road driving.

killian
05-12-2005, 12:51 PM
wow, that's like the turning radius on my Chevy Express van.

firm
05-12-2005, 12:56 PM
So it doesn't feel underpowered?

HoKC
05-12-2005, 01:00 PM
I think it is all in the expectations. If you are used to driving a power house you might be dissapointed. I thought it felt good, the only thing I thought could use some help was the exhaust note. It lacks a deeper sound, I would put an exhaust and Air intake as my first options. On a side note about sound, the Monsoon system sounds very good. The sub provides a good bass with decent treble from the other speakers.

oneworld
05-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Hokc how about the ride > 3 reviews on yahoo say it is very bummpy what did you think and I am only talking on the road driving not off road > if it is kind of a hummer off road will be no problem. Thanks Magic Marvin > Highway driving what do you think

HoKC
05-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I was surprised by the highway ride, it was pretty good. I guess that is one factor that the weight actually helps in. It smooths out the bumps pretty well. You could tell that it did not ride as well as the H2 but it was better than it' ssibling the Colorado.

funpilot
05-13-2005, 01:04 PM
Oneworld.....can you give the links to the revies in Yahoo....I could not find them. Thanks.

HoKC
05-13-2005, 01:40 PM
I would be interested in seeing those as well. The Media embargo is supposed to lift the 23rd for driving reviews so we should see a lot more after that.

firm
05-13-2005, 07:46 PM
WHy is there a media embargo?

HoKC
05-13-2005, 08:00 PM
It is standard stuff with a new vehicle launch. They want all the media stuff to come out after the truck is released and hitting the ground.