PDA

View Full Version : H3 Lease

Hummer4Life
04-26-2005, 10:32 PM
When will the leasing offers be available (if any)?

Hummer4Life
04-26-2005, 10:32 PM
When will the leasing offers be available (if any)?

HoKC
04-27-2005, 11:36 AM
The lease programs are not out yet and usually it takes a little bit for them to hit the dealership. You might see one from GM toward the first of May.

oneworld
04-28-2005, 02:18 AM
I do not think their will be any incentives, but I know in NJ they will take a lease order, you will not know your monthy payment until the vehicle of your choosing arrives into the dealer. so you have to go in blind > what the hell you only live once > like nothing else

Hummer4Life
05-17-2005, 11:52 PM
Anybody heard anything on a lease program yet?

usetosellhummer
05-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Thats becasue they are gonna pump it up. You can get a lease rate on anything.

MisterE
05-19-2005, 02:47 PM
Well I spoke to my dealer and heard some bad news on leasing. She said that they have not received any leasing information and it may be JUNE before they get it. Since my H3 is supposed to hit the lot sometime next week I am really bummed about this. How the heck can they have had pricing out for a month but not have the leasing information? Why in the world you not have the information ready so buyers / leasers can take deliver ASAP.

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 03:13 PM
Makes no sense to me but I am sure you can find a leasing company out there to take care of it for you. Could be because they have no idea what the residual will be like.

GreenH3
05-19-2005, 03:37 PM
When I went in for my test drive and told the dealer I was thinking about leasing he told me the same thing... and he also said it took GMAC 90 days after the release of the H2 to have leases available on those. Not good. I hope GMAC is on the ball on the H3 and leases are available when mine arrives on June 6. Keep the posts coming on leasing info!

MisterE
05-19-2005, 04:58 PM
90 Days? WTF I'll go insane!

HummerNewbie, I've only done GMAC leases. Could you explain about "other companies". I get the GMS pricing so I'm not sure if that would be feasible going non-GMAC.

Thanks

HummerNewbie
05-19-2005, 05:10 PM
Never dealt with any leasing companies other than Ford Motor Credit, but you might look at swapalease.com

If I recall, they have a list of leasing companies on the site. You could try contacting some of them to get a quote.

usetosellhummer
05-19-2005, 05:35 PM
Go online and search for auto leases, many companies will lease autos or new models. Their are some big banks back east and in LA that will do it on anything. GM lease rate unless incentivized are nothing to get excited about.

usetosellhummer
05-19-2005, 05:37 PM
I had a customer who had Jaguar/Ford Motor Credit lease his H2 to him. It can be done.
They cut me a check for the truck and he worked it all out with them. He got one hell of a rate becasue of the busniess he did with them.

MisterE
05-19-2005, 07:21 PM
Thanks for info? How do you get the car back to them at the end of the lease? (Just pick a mutual dealer as drop off point?)

Any ideas if SMART BUY (a.k.a. the other leasing)will be available. (My understanding is that Smart Buy is just symantecs for states that don't allow leasing.

Since I want to take deliver ASAP I am FREAKING OUT about this.

Thanks

MisterE
05-20-2005, 09:34 PM
Good news..I hope

Thanks to you advice I contacted a few of the larger automotive leasing companies. One of them said that residuals should be released next week! At least this sounds better then the 3 months one of mentioned on the H2.

HummerNewbie
05-21-2005, 12:11 AM
Great news MisterE. Thanks for doing the leg work for us. Hopefully it will be good news when they release the residuals.

MisterE
05-21-2005, 12:46 AM
No problem on the leg work, thanks for all your advice on options. I'm hoping that GMAC comes out with them at the same time (I'm guessing it is all the same).

I'll keep you posted on anything I find out. I will say the company (I know some forums don't like names posted) has been really helpful and quick to respond.

lexpro
05-21-2005, 01:14 AM
A friend at a Hummer store told me that Hummer residuals and money factors are determined a little slower (but higher which is good)than the rest of the GM brands....

lexpro
05-21-2005, 01:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MisterE:
Thanks for info? How do you get the car back to them at the end of the lease? (Just pick a mutual dealer as drop off point?)

Any ideas if SMART BUY (a.k.a. the other leasing)will be available. (My understanding is that Smart Buy is just symantecs for states that don't allow leasing.

Since I want to take deliver ASAP I am FREAKING OUT about this.

Thanks </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One plus about a Smart buy is that you can trade out of it easier....with a GM lease you have to buy (pay sales tax again)the car to trade it in or pay the remainder of the payments with a smartbuy you can trade before the end of the term....One downfault on a smart buy for me is that if you use the car for business and want to claim a tax deduction you can only use the standard mileage method where as with a lease you can use percentage of usage and the corresponding percetange of payment,insurance, and maintenence would be deductible. This is helpful when a vehicle with a higher cost of ownership is involved...