PDA

View Full Version : Off Road Suspension Upgrades

H2Doc
11-12-2003, 11:22 PM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gifOK, I've seen many opinions here on the pros & cons of the currently available lift packages. How about some advice on stock suspension and tire upgrades to improve offroad durability & performance: tie rods that won't break as easily, shock upgrades, bigger/better tires that fit stock rims, etc.

Thanks,

Brian
03 Pewter Lux, Airaid filter & MIT, Corsa Touring, Nology wires

H2Doc
11-12-2003, 11:22 PM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gifOK, I've seen many opinions here on the pros & cons of the currently available lift packages. How about some advice on stock suspension and tire upgrades to improve offroad durability & performance: tie rods that won't break as easily, shock upgrades, bigger/better tires that fit stock rims, etc.

Thanks,

Brian
03 Pewter Lux, Airaid filter & MIT, Corsa Touring, Nology wires

H2Doc
11-13-2003, 07:51 PM
If I want to put GY Wrangler 37's (37-1250R-17/E 129P) on my stock wheels, won't they rub in some extreme offroad situations? How can I modify my suspension (without a big lift) to keep 37's from rubbing offroad?

What about additional shocks or upgraded shocks?

How about additional skid plates?

Any advice from experienced offroaders would be welcome.

Thanks,

Brian
03 Pewter Lux

unaslob
11-14-2003, 11:40 AM
you know the thing about 37" tires it seems like everyone out there has a bit of a different story. I want to upgrade to 37"MTR's, once I wear through my stock 35" tires. The thing is there are ppl out there reporting that their 35" tires rub occasionally when articulating?? what is with that. so if you get 37" 's they might rub, they might not, Victoria Offroadperformance was selling a cheap 2" body lift, it was just spacers, but for offroad performance they do more harm then good. there are a couple of good threads about the 35's rubbing... also there are a couple of good threads about smaller suspension lifts, there is one out there with just bigger coils. dont know much about it.

I myself have been dabbling with the idea of a lift, I have posted numerous times about the cost of installing the lift, as I think it would be pretty expensive. but never get any replies that I know of. i dont want a big 4" lift yet.... two inch would be sufficient. I am waiting for the market to bear a nice 2" lift. any higher with an allready high center of gravity, you are getting tippy..

unaslob

Corsa Sport exhaust(offroad 'tip'), Gobi rack w/ lights & w/roof mounted tire w/ ladder, Warn Winch with rear power, Dual Wolo Airhorns w/ lanyard valve, Hadley Aircompressor 130PSI, 14" airtank, front and rear quick disconnects for air, Cobra 75 WX CB, Dual 4' Firestik fiberglass whips, front tinted windows, 7" Homer Simpson decal (teehee)!