PDA

View Full Version : Where's Hummergirl???

Steve R
12-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Seems we have 2 MIA...what gives?

Steve R
12-09-2002, 04:22 PM
Seems we have 2 MIA...what gives?

Texas Red
12-09-2002, 04:33 PM
I think her last post was yesterday 12/8. I wouldn't call that MIA.

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

Steve R
12-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Oh yeah...okay. She's MIA, but likely just Motoring In Action. wheeew!

Dan
12-09-2002, 05:22 PM
I think she ran off with MAC to experience the passion of gardening... /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

HummerGirl
12-09-2002, 09:20 PM
Well actually I have had the pleasure of cutting down dead banana trees in my yard. So I guess you call that gargening...along with snipping bits off my Rosemary for my lemon-rosemary grilled chicken dinner. MMMMmmmmm...

Have had a terrible time with my carpal tunnel and the fact that I chipped my right elbow last week. It is killing me when I type on the keyboard, but is fine for other stuff like sawing down those watery banana trees!!! A teenie-tiny chip off the bone but not enough to warrant a cast. Damn..I was trying to get out of all that laundry.

Anyhoo...I was in a near head on collision this morning with a wheat wagon. Yes. These farmers are gonna kill us all one day and it ain't gonna be with those pesticides. One of those large agricultural wagons was being pulled by a chevy and lost control when the wagon blew a tire or two.

Okay so the wagon jacknifes onto the oncoming traffic [that would be ME!!!] and drags the chevy along with it, twisting it up in the air and almost flipping the truck. We both were traveling around 55mph when this occurred. These wagons are about 12 feet tall and 20 feet long made of steel. Usually used to carry peanuts, pecans, and cotton.

The wagon, me, and the chevy all come to a screeching halt within 10 feet of one another. Wheat bags are everywhere. No one was hurt or injured thank goodness.

And the H2 did great. I went from 55 to 0 in about 3 seconds!!!! It held up great without screaching or sliding (fishtailing). I left some nice tracks in the mud where I had to drive in the ditch to get around the whole mess...that was fun! But did not get to enjoy it as I was still looking like Gene Wilder.

Now I am still digging the mail out from up under the dash and my seats from the sudden stopping. Glad the little one was not with me.

That even was just too close for my comfort...and what was funny...Madonna's "Die another Day" was playing in the H2!
http://www.emotipad.com/emoticons/Mexican%20Wave.gif

So yeah I am alive and kickin'

~amy
Move it or Lose it...
http://home.earthlink.net/~thecelestialbath/emotihummer.gif

DIANE
12-09-2002, 10:05 PM
Glad you made it back safely, Amy.

JJ
12-10-2002, 02:37 AM
AMY-
Might I suggest you keep a copy of Helen Reddy's "I am Woman, I am Invincible.." in the H2 - just in case you meet another farmer...

glad you're okay

JJ

HeeHaw
12-10-2002, 02:42 AM
That was another era.....dating myself here

Bye

HeeeeeeeeeeeeeHawwwwwwwwwwwww