PDA

View Full Version : 2005 H2 dead

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
12-30-2004, 02:24 PM
Went out last night after being parked for 3 days and truck was dead as dead could get. looks like trip to dealer. No power!
So much for my unplugging radar detector idea. First thing i did was check all switchs to see if any had been left on and could not find any. Appears like we got a relay or selenoid gremlin.
This has happened to many now has anyone gotten it pinned down are we all still looking?

I'm calling my assigned H2 Tech to visit with Him but He already knows it has happened and He says He has no bulletins.
Any guess will be appreciated. I'm going in Friday morning. that is what I like about my H2 dealer they treat You like You are the most important customer they have.
Well when I found out what it is I'll post, if they find out.
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
Went out last night after being parked for 3 days and truck was dead as dead could get. looks like trip to dealer. No power!
So much for my unplugging radar detector idea. First thing i did was check all switchs to see if any had been left on and could not find any. Appears like we got a relay or selenoid gremlin.
This has happened to many now has anyone gotten it pinned down are we all still looking?

I'm calling my assigned H2 Tech to visit with Him but He already knows it has happened and He says He has no bulletins.
Any guess will be appreciated. I'm going in Friday morning. that is what I like about my H2 dealer they treat You like You are the most important customer they have.
Rick

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ

Rick

Patriot
12-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Do a search for similar posts...I have been having the same problem...as have others.

Mine may be a HVAC module that keeps "waking up" and draining power slowly over a couple days. THEN, when power gets to about 7 vDC or so, some relays start dropping out and keep "clicking" away trying to reset and kill the rest of the power left in the battery.

partsguy
12-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Body Control Moduale???????Sue me I"m not
Mr.Webster!

Hummertech
12-30-2004, 09:07 PM
DO ANY OF YOU HAVING THIS PROBLEM HAVE A HITCH CAM ON YOUR TRUCK? OR ANY OTHER AFTERMARKET ACCY'S FOR THAT MATTER?

PARAGON
12-30-2004, 09:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hummertech:
DO ANY OF YOU HAVING THIS PROBLEM HAVE A HITCH CAM ON YOUR TRUCK? OR ANY OTHER AFTERMARKET ACCY'S FOR THAT MATTER? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I had this problem before and after accessories. With and without a new battery.

unaslob
12-31-2004, 12:07 AM
this is not 2005 specific, but i have drained my battery pretty low by accidently leaving the brush guard lights on. the dealer install does not slave it to the ignition so they dont shut off with the truck. My Roof rack lights do. with the delay it is easy to walk away and forget they are on..

unaslob

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
12-31-2004, 12:47 AM
I have no camera. I have no add on exterior lighting yet. I hook charger up and when power is on I look to see if I left anything on inside. Taking it to dealer next week.
Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RLTAZH2:

Rick <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ChuckE
12-31-2004, 03:47 AM
I was getting a low battery condition if I let my H2 sit for about 3 days. The problem was that the hitch-cam circuitry relay was not switching off.

I didn't believe the shop at first, since I knew that my monitor was not on during those 3 days, as it would be if I had engaged my transmission into Reverse. But evidently the relay for enabling camera is not the same for turning on the monitor.

So, the end result is that they replaced the relay; also they moved the circuit to the "ignition on" position side of the key, instead of the "accessories" side. Thus, I need to have the ignition on to use the monitor (makes sense, but I sort of miss the ability to switch on the camera when I just sitting in the H2. Oh well.)

Now, I have let the H2 sit for more than a week and haven’t had any battery low problems at all.