PDA

View Full Version : So do you take up two parking spaces too?

Alex
11-18-2002, 04:34 PM
I have had three show quality Corvettes the last few years and taking two parking spaces was routine. Now that I have my H2 I am continuing the tradition. What about you?

Alex
11-18-2002, 04:34 PM
I have had three show quality Corvettes the last few years and taking two parking spaces was routine. Now that I have my H2 I am continuing the tradition. What about you?

Beck
11-18-2002, 05:37 PM
Nope, one space only, or else I will pass on the spaces, which is often. What makes our country so beautiful and wonderful is the civilized & law abidding manner of most American citizens. My Hummer does not give me the right to overstep the lines.

SJ
11-18-2002, 06:23 PM
Alex:

I'm a member of another forum [for a certain sports car] and this very topic came up. The overwhelming response was:

Do NOT take 2 spaces

You are opening yourself to getting your vehicle keyed for the following reasons:

(1) No matter what your car/truck costs, you are no more entitled to extra space than the hard-working guy who can only afford a Ford Pinto. Even if price where an issue; a fully loaded Cadillac DTS costs as much as the H2. ALL persons should be treated equally regardless of status or money.

(2) Taking 2 Spaces comes across as very arrogant to many.

(3) Taking 2 Spaces draws more attention to your vehicle.

(4) The H2 is no more difficult to park in a standard space than a Chevy Tahoe/GMC Yukon.

Dan
11-18-2002, 06:37 PM
Taking 2 spots in my area is a no-no. Drivers in my area have no problem taking action to teach arrogant & self-serving people a lesson.

Take 2 spots and you'll come out to a contractor's van parked an inch away from the driver's door, find gum on the hood, or a nice note notifying you that you are an a-hole and you should be taking the bus.

Take one spot, or take one spot in a less congested area of the lot and your vehicle is safe. People will extra respectful of it.

Basically, the respect you give is the respect you get.

- Dan

Bill Kervaski
11-18-2002, 06:44 PM
Definitely, a No-No.

- Bill

HeeHaw
11-18-2002, 06:53 PM
I go out of my way to let people know they shouldn't take to spaces. On-Duty its a ticket and 2 violations

Off-Duty, use your Imagination

HeeHaw. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

h2fan
11-18-2002, 06:59 PM
i will drive around untill i find the right spot or i just park far and walk. i to have the sport car and people do not need another reason to key me

Alex
11-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the input. Looks like it's time to make a change. One thing I did forget to mention is that I do park far, far away when I do take two spaces, but I got the message. Thanks !

MAC
11-18-2002, 09:35 PM
I am very proud of all of you. I agree with everything in all your responses. It proves that I am in the right party with the right crowd.

Arizona Hummerboy
11-19-2002, 01:43 AM
I allways park far away from all other vehicle,but when I come back to my belove H2 someone has parked next to me /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif when I way out away from everyone.What the heck is up with that?

HeeHaw
11-19-2002, 03:07 AM
Neat cars like the Hummer attrack attention. When I drive my Ferrari, its the same thing. No matter where I park or stop, people look, touch and gaulk at the vehicle. The Hummer is no different.

You bought a Hummer and for awhile, folks are going to park next to it to look at it and they are going to ask those top 10 questions. For the most part, no one will harm your baby. Hey, I feel the same way and understand what you are feeling, especially if you are not used to it. My best advice is two fold, 1 get used to it and always be respectfull of those less Fortunate and things should be OK

Good Luck

Hee /infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

MAC
11-19-2002, 04:50 AM
Cop in a Ferrari? I knew it, I knew it! you are Don Johnson! HeeHaw!

Next time when I am in LA. if I get stopped for minor traffic stuff, can I use the secret password to get off free? what's password? HEEHAW? must be it. do I say it 3 times to the cop? any secret sign? Heehaw! Heehaw! Heehaw! /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

OUSUCKS
11-19-2002, 11:07 AM
If you take two spaces you're asking for your H2 to be keyed or a brick through your window. This problem is even worse if you have some stupid vanity license plate. Take up one space and just take the license plate that the DMV gives you!!

TS
11-19-2002, 08:13 PM
I agree with Mac, I am very pleased at how many of you responded correctly to parking in two spots. I have been driving full size SUVs for a while, and had always parked far from everyone. And inevitably I had one person parked right next to me in the middle of nowhere. I did some scientific research and decided that the law of gravity, the one that states a smaller object is drawn by the gravity field of larger objects, is valid in astronomy as well as parking lots.

Texas Red
11-19-2002, 09:16 PM
Now that's funny, TS.

BTW, you need to get a different icon, you look just like Mac. :-)

Jim
Red H2 in Texas

Brad
11-19-2002, 10:07 PM
I'm with you MAC a Cop with a Ferrari? Never mind the H2.

Must be good money in drug bust?? HaHa

HeeHaw
11-19-2002, 11:51 PM
As for the getting off, I have told everyone at the department that if you stop a Hummer, let'm go, they are OK.

Its not the drug busts, its the MONEY busts that we all share in that make it nice ha ha ha...

How did you you know I was Don J? Just guessing or what?

Hee...................HAW!!!!!! /infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

HeeHaw
11-19-2002, 11:53 PM
Just mention the name HEE HAW and they will let you go..........Don't worry about where you are either, cuz I'm know nation wide baby!!!!!!!

Hee /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Brad
11-20-2002, 12:00 AM
Alright since you are taking care of the H2 buddies I'll let you off the hook.

HeeHaw
11-20-2002, 12:03 AM
See ya in Southern California........... /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

h2fan
11-20-2002, 09:17 PM
hee haw is a good cop i think i saw him driving the h2 on miami csi he is not stealing cash he sells body parts like kidneys and the such /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

VPRKLR
11-20-2002, 09:45 PM
I have Superformance cobra and I never take 2 spots for fear of vandalism.
Being a open cockpit, I try and park where I can see it. With my other cars I park in "BFE" to avoid others.

-Joe C.

SunsetShannon
11-20-2002, 11:36 PM
With your side-steps in place any vehicle with doors at their level will bash into the steps... before the side of your truck! No need to take up two spaces =)