PDA

View Full Version : DOORS open

HUMR
04-23-2006, 02:41 PM
yesterday for no reason after putting some stuff on the back of the truck when i got in to drive away the DOORS message wont come off the screen has anyone had this problem ???. i check and everything seems to be close.

f5fstop
04-23-2006, 03:27 PM
Two possible causes, and one I'm not sure of.
One, there was a problem with the rear door alignment on earlier vehicles. One fix was to install a piece of Velcro where the switch hits the door. Another was to realign the door.
Another problem is with the side doors, (and the following is only speculation), but only after a torrential down pour. This has happened to me twice, and by the time I get to work, grab the Tech 2 and verify if is is a driver's or other doors, it works ok. Something must be getting wet, but I have not had the time to pull all door switches to check to see if there is any possible reason for this haunting.

HUMR
04-23-2006, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by f5fstop:
Two possible causes, and one I'm not sure of.
One, there was a problem with the rear door alignment on earlier vehicles. One fix was to install a piece of Velcro where the switch hits the door. Another was to realign the door.
Another problem is with the side doors, (and the following is only speculation), but only after a torrential down pour. This has happened to me twice, and by the time I get to work, grab the Tech 2 and verify if is is a driver's or other doors, it works ok. Something must be getting wet, but I have not had the time to pull all door switches to check to see if there is any possible reason for this haunting.
it was rainin here like hell all day saturday today sunday with the rain gone its back to normal .
by the way F5 can u get me a part number on the sides H3 things that are on the door?? not the gm ones but the biger ones . thanks in advance and sorry about my english . i ask cause u and partsguy seem to be able to get this things.