PDA

View Full Version : Factory Roof Light Bar Question

Spike
12-08-2003, 12:49 AM
I just purchased a factory roof light bar. Has anyone installed one of these themselves? How hard was it? Did they come with the instructions regarding the wiring of the light bar? Thanks

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

Spike
12-08-2003, 12:49 AM
I just purchased a factory roof light bar. Has anyone installed one of these themselves? How hard was it? Did they come with the instructions regarding the wiring of the light bar? Thanks

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

Klaus
12-08-2003, 03:00 AM
Phil,

Could you scan your instructions and send them to Jason, where he could post them on the info page?

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

Spike
12-08-2003, 03:57 AM
PhilD,
Thanks for the reply. I plan on mounting the switch on the blank under the rear wiper control. I also think I would like to wire it so it can only come on with the ignition. Klaus has a good idea. If you could scan the directions and post them I would appreciate it. I just bought the bar tonight on ebay and it was described as being "brand new in the box", however in the event the instructions aren't in there it would be good if I could get them here.

JCJ
12-08-2003, 11:52 AM
I was thinking about installing this lightbar (http://www.h2source.com/201-110-1.htm) behind rear roof cross bar facing backwards.
Lights up the place when backing up.
Jason: Could you send me the installation instructions sheats, please, or let me know where I can download them? Thanks.

Centerfire
12-08-2003, 11:56 AM
I have a related question. The 4 factory lights use one switch and a relay , I presume. I have 4 Piaa 520's that I plan to install on my Gobi rack.. The kits ( 2 lights) come with a relay and wiring harness.. MY question is does anyone know if I can use 1 relay to hookup all four lights as I only wish to run one set of wires rather then the two sets. I picked up a few of the radio shack switches, some 10A and 25A.. Any plain and simple language answers are most appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Centerfire
12-08-2003, 09:22 PM
Thanks for info.. Just trying to reduce the number of wires going thru ... I have to put to 911EP Light bars on the Gobi rack .. SO that would be 4 set of wires.. Mike

Spike
12-09-2003, 11:55 AM
No problem Phil I probably won't get them until Friday or Monday. Thanks again

Klaus
12-09-2003, 11:58 AM
Phil,

Please send a copy to Jason so he can post it on the info page with the owner's manuals.

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."

Spike
12-09-2003, 08:52 PM
PhilD,
You are the man! Now I can read these over a couple of times between now and when they arrive so I will be familiar with the entire operation. Thanks again!

Centerfire
12-09-2003, 10:18 PM
Is there any reason I can't use one common ground wire?

Mike<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
Mike, the factory lights one switch and two relays and run two seperate wires.

Assuming you are using 55w bulbs, then 4 lights will draw 18.33 amps, most probably closer to 20 when heat loss, etc, is taken into account.

Nothing to stop you running just one circuit, but make sure your wire is plenty big enough. With a 7-10' run you will need 8 gauge wire to handle 20-50amps. You may get away with 10 or even 12 gauge, but 8 would be the safe choice. I would also use a 40 amp relay.

Personally, I'd go with two circuits, but nothing wrong with doing it on one, provided everything is big enough to handle it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Centerfire
12-10-2003, 01:46 AM
Thanks.. if the rest of my darn lights show .. I'm ready to start...

Mike

XTC
12-10-2003, 04:08 AM
YOU CAN GET A REAR LIGHT BAR FROM XTC. THE FRONT BAR WILL NOT WORK RIGHT ON THE BACK IT DOES NOT GET THE LIGHTS BACK FAR ENOUGH.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JCJ:
I was thinking about installing this http://www.h2source.com/201-110-1.htm behind rear roof cross bar facing backwards.
Lights up the place when backing up.
Jason: Could you send me the installation instructions sheats, please, or let me know where I can download them? Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

XTC
(extreme tubes company)
www.extremetubes.com (http://www.extremetubes.com)

JCJ
12-10-2003, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by XTC:
YOU CAN GET A REAR LIGHT BAR FROM XTC. THE FRONT BAR WILL NOT WORK RIGHT ON THE BACK IT DOES NOT GET THE LIGHTS BACK FAR ENOUGH.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Further questions for XTC:
Is there an instruction manual available for the rear light bar?
Can I order the XTC rear light bar through H2 Source Store?
Price?
Thanks, JCJ