PDA

View Full Version : this question goes out to all the people with no money like me:D

wannabeH3
05-29-2005, 03:29 PM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
anyways! im broke, and i want this H3 BAD! i usually buy cars with every thing on them, but i think that will come out to 40k with all my stuff.. and to me thats a little spendy.. i have a great job make like 60 a year, but i got nothing saved right now hehe any of you in the same situation? i can save, i just have to get caught up after i took vacation last month.. anyways my current car payment is 420 a month, and i wouldnt mind 500 or so.. am i the only one who budgets badly around here? can anyone give me some solace? haha or direction?http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif thanks gang... oh im not in debt, and have excellent credit http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif maybe i should lease tho? i probably dont drive more than 12000 miles a year, cuz i got a motorcycle.. but i dont know how leasing works.. would it be a smart thing to do? if you lease it can you get options with it or do u just get a base model? are you screwed at the end of the term? i have never leased and know nothing about it http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

wannabeH3
05-29-2005, 03:29 PM
http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
anyways! im broke, and i want this H3 BAD! i usually buy cars with every thing on them, but i think that will come out to 40k with all my stuff.. and to me thats a little spendy.. i have a great job make like 60 a year, but i got nothing saved right now hehe any of you in the same situation? i can save, i just have to get caught up after i took vacation last month.. anyways my current car payment is 420 a month, and i wouldnt mind 500 or so.. am i the only one who budgets badly around here? can anyone give me some solace? haha or direction?http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif thanks gang... oh im not in debt, and have excellent credit http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif maybe i should lease tho? i probably dont drive more than 12000 miles a year, cuz i got a motorcycle.. but i dont know how leasing works.. would it be a smart thing to do? if you lease it can you get options with it or do u just get a base model? are you screwed at the end of the term? i have never leased and know nothing about it http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

lexpro
05-29-2005, 04:10 PM
I like leasing or residual based finance....i have bought all my new cars that way do you have any specific questions about it...i am pretty familiar with it given i have worked in sales,finance,and management at a car dealership over the last 6 years or so....

Big Z
05-29-2005, 04:20 PM
your avatar sucks!

wannabeH3
05-29-2005, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lexpro:
I like leasing or residual based finance....i have bought all my new cars that way do you have any specific questions about it...i am pretty familiar with it given i have worked in sales,finance,and management at a car dealership over the last 6 years or so.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah whats is it? residual based financing? how does it work? the avatar is a leftover from national slap your coworker day a few weeks ago..

PARAGON
05-29-2005, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Z:
your avatar sucks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I thoroughly agree!!!! XXXXXX, that is pretty tasteless.

funpilot
05-29-2005, 06:07 PM
We only allow DRTYFN to be tasteless as it is in his genetic code.....he cannot help himself.

PARAGON
05-29-2005, 06:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by funpilot:
We only allow DRTYFN to be tasteless as it is in his genetic code.....he cannot help himself. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There is no comparison.

wannabeH3
05-29-2005, 07:02 PM
scared me how you knew my name but then i saw it in my profile..:P anyways changed it for you all, how bout back to the meat of the issue?

PARAGON
05-29-2005, 08:00 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
scared me how you knew my name but then i saw it in my profile..:P anyways changed it for you all, how bout back to the meat of the issue? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Your name doesn't show up in your profile. I just guessed.

wannabeH3
05-29-2005, 08:04 PM
u do a whois on my domain thru the image location? haha now we are side tracked i should repost this thread

PARAGON
05-29-2005, 10:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
u do a whois on my domain thru the image location? haha now we are side tracked i should repost this thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You're in the ballpark, just letting you know that was possible and you might want to take care of that.

You need to put a blank index.html file in the root of your domain. I could view all of the files and folders under your domain and should not be able to.

baby_hummer
05-29-2005, 10:25 PM
Good luck on getting a decent lease. I wanted to go the same route. Not really interested in taking out an auto loan, making a 20% down payment, and still paying ~$600/month.

The lease option wasn't much better - close to $0 down, $640/month, and of course left with nothing at the end but a huge residual to pay--and no history for the H3 to validate if that residual is a good estimate.

wannabeH3
05-29-2005, 10:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
u do a whois on my domain thru the image location? haha now we are side tracked i should repost this thread </div></BLOCKQUOTE>You're in the ballpark, just letting you know that was possible and you might want to take care of that.

You need to put a blank index.html file in the root of your domain. I could view all of the files and folders under your domain and should not be able to. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh i know about all that i leave it all open for my friends.. you check out my hawaii pictures?

MisterE
05-29-2005, 10:48 PM
Hey, I'm in Michigan. Seen a lux model lease 1,500 down 24 months 12K at 411.00 per month. (This is GMS, with the usual tax title and everything else extra) disclaimer.

XM DUDE
05-30-2005, 03:10 AM
fleasing,I mean leasing is just an expensive way to rent a car.

lexpro
05-30-2005, 01:29 PM
yeah whats is it? residual based financing? how does it work? ..[/QUOTE]

Most people make the mistake of leasing or using R.B.F. when they shouldnt be(especially if they want to keep the car forever)....Residual based finance with GMAC is called a Smart buy...similar to lease in regards to payments but you can trade it in easier...Do you use your car for work(tax purposes,keep a mileage log) do you want the same H3 forever or just a few years(how often do you trade?)honestly how many miles per year do you see yourself driving the rig?

wannabeH3
05-30-2005, 10:29 PM
honestly i think ill get a new car within 3 years, and the mileage should be in the 35k area...

lexpro
05-31-2005, 05:04 PM
Me too,,,I dont like to keep a car out of warranty i would never keep a car to full term(60 mos). Even if i could pay cash I dont like to have money tied up in a car i would rather use the extra money for something else like emergencies,vacations,and investment oppurtunities. I also like to be able to better plan my future purchases and change vehicles when there is a significant change in options and styling and not have to be worried about negative equity due to economy,accident,flood, or any other damage repair that is major and the car isnt totalled(i can just drop the car off at the end of the term and pay my 250 fee). If you can commit to keep the car for 3 years and stay within the mileage guidelines set up in the contract it is the way to go....If you dont want to commit to the entire term go with the Smart buy (RBF)and if you want you can try to trade it when you want and if you are upside down you just drive your nice car a little longer and drop it off at the end of the term....Either way as long as you get a good deal(rate or money factor not marked up) on a car with a good residual the payment will be cheap and it will cost you less to drive the vehicle over 3 years than if you purchased it... for example on my truck whick i financed 54000 with no money down on a 36 mos 15k per year deal at 690$ per month... If did regular finance i would havent received the 1500 down payment assistance so i would have financed 56500 with my credit union at 5.25% for 60 months (GM best rate was 5.9) and my payment would have been $1075 per month... I saved $13860 over 3 years in MY account. Its not tied up in a truck that just imagine gets totalled and your insurance was lapsed by a freak chance of a check bouncing or not getting processed in time(your equity is gone) at least i can tell GMAC to voluntary repo it and i still have my 13k.

wannabeH3
05-31-2005, 05:20 PM
very interesting, ill have to sit down with the dealer and has this out as im still a lil foggy on it

HummerNewbie
05-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Smart Buy may be the way to go for me. I alway get bored with a vehicle after about 2 1/2 - 3 years.