PDA

View Full Version : Chrome and billet goodies

Diana
08-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I have been looking at items on eBay for my future Hummer. I want to do it myself since the dealership will rape me if they do it. Buying in Canada is super expensive at the custom shops as well.

I notice there are giant price differences for many of the same things. They look the same in the pictures as the more expensive items. I know some of them are billet, but do they look that much better then the more economical items.

I know you do get what you pay for. However arer there any less expensive items that look really sharp? I don't want to buy something and have it look like garbage on my truck.

Thanks in advance.

Diana
08-05-2005, 04:29 PM
I have been looking at items on eBay for my future Hummer. I want to do it myself since the dealership will rape me if they do it. Buying in Canada is super expensive at the custom shops as well.

I notice there are giant price differences for many of the same things. They look the same in the pictures as the more expensive items. I know some of them are billet, but do they look that much better then the more economical items.

I know you do get what you pay for. However arer there any less expensive items that look really sharp? I don't want to buy something and have it look like garbage on my truck.

Thanks in advance.

Ed G.
08-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Diana,

I've purchased several chrome billet items off ebay. The best thing to do is,be patient and keep a close eye on the item(s) you want buy. Sooner or later you're going to find the item that you want, for the price you want to pay. Be sure that if you want chrome billet, the item in the listing reads chrome billet. Also, only buy from ebayers that have been around for a while and have a good positive feedback rating.

Good Luck,

Boss Hoss
08-06-2005, 06:32 PM
I have looked on ebay and i have found two items. Chrome plated Billet Alluminum and chrome plated plastic(abs). The plastic is much cheaper, but then again its plastic.