PDA

View Full Version : AIRAID MIT

Ernie Italy
11-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Can anyone explain what is the benefit of a AIRAID modulat intake tubes ? Ok for the filter (too big and better air). But the stock tube is not straight like AIRAID but with two other tube (as branch).. Why hummer have made a more complicated intake tubes ?

Can I have an advantage to replace the stock tube ? More power or less money in my pocket ?

Thanks.
Ernesto

Ernie Italy
11-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Can anyone explain what is the benefit of a AIRAID modulat intake tubes ? Ok for the filter (too big and better air). But the stock tube is not straight like AIRAID but with two other tube (as branch).. Why hummer have made a more complicated intake tubes ?

Can I have an advantage to replace the stock tube ? More power or less money in my pocket ?

Thanks.
Ernesto

Ed G.
11-18-2005, 09:01 AM
The MIT gives better airflow by giving a much more streamlined path from the airbox to the TB. The factory "octopus" tube is designed to eliminate some of the noise that is produced by the air intake system.

Ed

Mr. I - Man
11-18-2005, 03:00 PM
Stock tube also traps water before if can get to your intake in the case of misjudging water depth