PDA

View Full Version : The dealer called me back

firm
04-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, so they finally called me back and they're going to order my H3. Yellow, with black interior, and the marker lights. [4 out of 4 girls I asked liked them better ;-) ] Plus they are giving me the GMS price; they were talking about the hot button $1000 off in addition, but you have to take delivery my 5/31/05.

firm
04-29-2005, 03:43 PM
Ok, so they finally called me back and they're going to order my H3. Yellow, with black interior, and the marker lights. [4 out of 4 girls I asked liked them better ;-) ] Plus they are giving me the GMS price; they were talking about the hot button $1000 off in addition, but you have to take delivery my 5/31/05.

angelus
04-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Just talked to my dealer and she said that they were not offering the Hot Button for the H3. Basically any discounts on this vehicle wouldn't happen for about a year.

H3wannabe
04-29-2005, 04:51 PM
When you say the "GMS" price, are you referring to the GM Supplier discount? I have access to this via my employer and was wondering 1) If dealers are going to honor it and 2) How much it is.

H3wannabe

HoKC
04-29-2005, 05:21 PM
GMS and GM Supplier are not the same price.

H3wannabe
04-29-2005, 05:31 PM
What does GMS stand for?

H3wannabe

usetosellhummer
04-29-2005, 06:19 PM
General Motors Supply, We just call it GMS. It is on the left side of every Gm invoice. It is the actual cost the Dealer pays for the vehicle. The price is offered to GM employees, retired plant workers, executives etc. The dealer is paid a 2% flat of the GMS price and the offer has to be used with an authorization number provided by GM. It is sometimes offered as part of a Friends and Family promotion a couple of times a year. Supplier price is what contractors to GM pay. Rail workers, UPS, etc. The supplier price is around Invoice depending on the vehicle and it's mark-up. If they are going to give you either discount or you are not qualified you better take it. They might want to pump numbers or something but it is very uncommon to get the discount on a hot new product.

firm
05-01-2005, 10:00 PM
I have a trade-in. I think they are going to try to get me there. I'm thinking of selling my car myself.