PDA

View Full Version : Gauges going crazy after soundgate PIOGM1V3 and parrot

Plano H2
01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
I have an 04 Lux w/ Nav. I had a local stereo shop install a soundgate PIOGM1V3, an RB20, and a CD changer. They also installed a Parrot bluetooth speakerphone. I am now having irratic behavior from my door locks, yellow security light in cluster, red battery light, fuel guage, and low fuel indicator light. My locks try to relock after I am already driving..several times unpredictably. THis is accompanied by the security light and sometimes the other lights too. They stay on for a few seconds the everything returns to normal. The radio, cd and speakerphone all continue to function normally.

I called soundgate and they said the problem could be caused by a bad power or ground tap since the whole system works on the same communication bus. Soundgate said it could also be the RB20 IP-Bus to RCA adapter. I might mention that the guys at Soundgate have been pretty good and that I love the Parrot and the PIOGM1V3 with the changer.

Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it.

Plano H2
01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
I have an 04 Lux w/ Nav. I had a local stereo shop install a soundgate PIOGM1V3, an RB20, and a CD changer. They also installed a Parrot bluetooth speakerphone. I am now having irratic behavior from my door locks, yellow security light in cluster, red battery light, fuel guage, and low fuel indicator light. My locks try to relock after I am already driving..several times unpredictably. THis is accompanied by the security light and sometimes the other lights too. They stay on for a few seconds the everything returns to normal. The radio, cd and speakerphone all continue to function normally.

I called soundgate and they said the problem could be caused by a bad power or ground tap since the whole system works on the same communication bus. Soundgate said it could also be the RB20 IP-Bus to RCA adapter. I might mention that the guys at Soundgate have been pretty good and that I love the Parrot and the PIOGM1V3 with the changer.

Has anyone else had this problem or heard of it.

DRTYFN
01-20-2004, 11:36 PM
Did you by chance get any blood from a virgin on your H2 while chanting satanic verses?

I'd call the installer and demand it be fixed to your satisfaction.

And welcome to the forum.http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

S&B Member since '03

hinten
01-20-2004, 11:53 PM
The key to getting Soundgate crap to work is to kill a chicken during full moon...

Sorry and welcome, but I have given up on Soundgate a while ago. Others had better experiences.

Klaus
01-21-2004, 12:42 AM
Wow! Time to call an Exorcist!

Sorry to hear about the problems. Soundgate seems to have a problem with quality control. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

To troubleshoot, I suggest you disconnect 1 item at a time and then see if the problem goes away. Disconnect the RB20 first, then the XM Module. If you still have the problem with only the PIOGM1V3 installed, it is most likely the problem. I bought one of these, but put the install on hold while I am working on the NAV retrofit on my 03. However, just looking at my adapter, I noticed at least one of the pins in the connector is loose, and would be pushed out of the back of the connector when plugged in. Have your installer check the connectors for loose pins. An intermittent connection could be causing the problem.

Here is your contact at Soundgate:

Rob Putman
President, SoundGate
ph: 307-674-4707 (ext 206)
fx: 866-674-4819
r_putman@soundgate.com
www.soundgate.com (http://www.soundgate.com)
m-f 8am - 5pm mst

If all else fails, know that PAC will soon be releasing an adapter similar to the PIOGM1V3. Let's hope it is more reliable!

Klaus

Rare 2003 H2 with UM8 Integrated Navigation Radio http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Skull & Bones Member since 2003

TouchdownTN
01-21-2004, 03:07 AM
I totally agree with Hinten and Klaus. I have had 2 of the soundgate interfaces. 1 didn't work at all the other had sound quality worse than a bad AM station. The only thing I got from soundgate was aggrevation. They pretty much just said it was impossible that I had a bad unit. Guess what? I had 2!. Needless to say I give up on soundgate and am waiting on the PAC or Blitzsafe interface which Klaus has mentioned. Good Luck, You'll need it with soundgate! BTW, welcome to our "family/forum"

03 Black Adventure with all Lux Options,Brush Guard Lights, and Sylvania Silverstars. Go Vols!!!

1BADH2
01-21-2004, 12:35 PM
I had an remote starter installed and every now and then my locks will unlock by them selves.

Plano H2
01-21-2004, 05:11 PM
I have a sneaky suspicion that the problem is the Parrot Bluetooth speakerphone which the installer said is very near the radio to the left. I so happens that my keb fob will not longer work on the driver side unless it is 2' from the driver window. I have a feeling the problem with the fob and the guages are related to the Parrot Bluetooth, which I love by the way.

I will let everyone know the outcome. The installer is going to go back over everything on Monday.

Navigator
01-23-2004, 01:42 AM
I had the same problem with my V2 the Hummer dealer traced it back to the V2 so I installed the V3 & now I have no XM or Cd Changer, I e-mailed Rob @ soundgate yesterday and he said it may be a couple weeks before they have this bug fixed. E-mail or PM me if you want more info.

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure Black w/Corsa Sport, Black Factory Wheels, Black Grill, Factory Nav, 12 Disc CD Changer, Intergrated XM, V-1, Hadley Air Horns, Sylvania Silver Stars.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)