PDA

View Full Version : H1 roof

Fistville
05-23-2003, 09:47 PM
I was curious about something. I like the h1 wagon, but the soft top is nice because the car can be roofless in nice weather. Is it possible to remove the hard top of a wagon like it is for a wrangler?

Orange H2, Lux package, back-up camera, xm. Not bad for first ride, eh?

Fistville
05-23-2003, 09:47 PM
I was curious about something. I like the h1 wagon, but the soft top is nice because the car can be roofless in nice weather. Is it possible to remove the hard top of a wagon like it is for a wrangler?

Orange H2, Lux package, back-up camera, xm. Not bad for first ride, eh?

TBarrow
05-24-2003, 01:58 AM
No not without a saw and then it would not go back on.

Black H2 Adventure Series+ all other options.

Fistville
05-24-2003, 02:17 AM
no bolts or anything? thatd have to be a hell of a saw. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Andy C
05-24-2003, 01:17 PM
Phil I had always wondered about that - I rented an H1 the last time I was in Vegas and kind of thought that the soft top would be a buggar to get on and off - having said that it was 120 degrees and would have burst into flames if I had taken the top off.

KenP
07-05-2006, 09:40 PM
No, But you can get a hard roof for the soft top. Not sure how easy it is to put on and off, I suspect it would be a pain.

Besides the soft top does have a soft top, you won't get wet. The soft top on later models is very good. My H1 used to sit in the South Texas sun and rarely get that hot inside, it is very well insulated and does a great job. You can get a soft wagon back if you want the extra cargo space;

I bought the softop as I liked the styling and the open air. But it is a pain to take on and off and I rarely used it. I did however, discover there is no where to store anything, so ended up getting the soft wagon back to use as storage. Unless you are really going to take that top off a lot, I'd go with the wagon.How do you like that H1 Phil? I bet the soft top is great for cruising the beach.

timgco
07-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Someone put a lid on that guy! :D

He's reflecting so bad, I thought I was looking at a blue BLING out HUMMER;) .

KenP
07-05-2006, 11:55 PM
Someone put a lid on that guy! :D

He's reflecting so bad, I thought I was looking at a blue BLING out HUMMER;) .Atleast I didn't say it!!!!:eek: ;)

hmcoleap
07-06-2006, 02:52 PM
If you want a removable hard-top for an H1, you can get an open-top truck and then buy an aftermarket hard top and wagon back shell (or slant back shell) from California Gold. They are still a chore to remove and reinstall, but much easier than removing the OEM wagon roof and shell, which are designed to be a "permanent" installation.

http://www.calgoldproducts.com/

... Is it possible to remove the hard top of a wagon like it is for a wrangler?

Aubs
07-06-2006, 03:14 PM
Thanks Manny. You always have the answers.

KenP
07-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Thanks Manny. You always have the answers.X2. Just took him two years to get to it.;) :D HAHA, gotcha!!!11

hmcoleap
07-21-2006, 06:39 PM
*lol*

I am a bit scattered sometimes -- feel free to come find me via email when I am not showing up :D

X2. Just took him two years to get to it.;) :D HAHA, gotcha!!!11