PDA

View Full Version : I need help, please! PIOGM1V2

hinten
12-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Started the install over the weekend and still haven't finished. My truck is in pieces and I am wodnering if anyone has an idea on how to help me.
A couple of issues:
- the PIOGM1V2 controls my pioneer xm9003, changes channels up and down but the display of my factory radio shows nothing. No text, no channel information not even the channel number?
- when I connect the RCA adapter to the IP-bus out of my XM radio I still only get the XM signal on both Aux 1 and Aux 2. The RCA adapter works when I connect it directly without the XM radio.
- I finally got s frustrated that I disconnected everything and just wanted to put it all together how it was. Guess what, I can't get the factory radio to fit anymore. it just won't slide into the slot all the way. How did you guys manage to actually fit the box and the tree trunk cable run of the PIOGM1V2 into the dashboard when I can't even fit the radio without anything? Did you move the new cable to the right or the left of the radio? Did you pass the wire underneath the radio?

I've got bloody knuckles after this operation and could really use some help!

hinten
12-08-2003, 03:46 PM
Started the install over the weekend and still haven't finished. My truck is in pieces and I am wodnering if anyone has an idea on how to help me.
A couple of issues:
- the PIOGM1V2 controls my pioneer xm9003, changes channels up and down but the display of my factory radio shows nothing. No text, no channel information not even the channel number?
- when I connect the RCA adapter to the IP-bus out of my XM radio I still only get the XM signal on both Aux 1 and Aux 2. The RCA adapter works when I connect it directly without the XM radio.
- I finally got s frustrated that I disconnected everything and just wanted to put it all together how it was. Guess what, I can't get the factory radio to fit anymore. it just won't slide into the slot all the way. How did you guys manage to actually fit the box and the tree trunk cable run of the PIOGM1V2 into the dashboard when I can't even fit the radio without anything? Did you move the new cable to the right or the left of the radio? Did you pass the wire underneath the radio?

I've got bloody knuckles after this operation and could really use some help!

hinten
12-10-2003, 03:37 AM
I dropped the car off at my local installer.
Here is what they found:
The PIOGM1V2 does not work with the xm9003 as advertised. As I described earlier, you can change the channel but absolutely no display of text or the channel number making it useless. They left the fm modulater in for my xm and used the PIOGM1V2 for my iPod which works fine.

Don't know if this was worth ~$100 plus install but I am glad that I have my car back in one piece.

Buyer beware of what you're getting with the PIOGM1V2.

H2Dude
12-10-2003, 07:46 AM
hinten,

I had a similar problem with my PIOGMV1V2. I tore apart my whole dash, installed it, but couldnt see the display. It turned out to be a bad unit. I told logjam electronics and they sent me a new one. I replaced it and it started to work.

Check out this thread.http://elcova.com/groupee/forums?a=frm&s=2826088551&f=6706011751

H2Dude
12-10-2003, 07:48 AM
I guess there were a few bad units in the last batch.

Navigator
12-11-2003, 07:28 PM
see post above on the PIOGM1V3 available next week (12/18/03)It will solve all our problems (I hope)

Rich

2004 H2 Adventure w/Corsa Sport.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

hinten
12-12-2003, 12:56 AM
I called Tech Support from Soundgate directly today. They told me: Don't bother trying to connect an RCA plug into the PIOGM1V2 with an XM or CD changer, it WON'T work! You can only connect one RCA device or one or two Pioneer devices, that's it.

They also told me that it is a USER ERROR that my XM by itself did not show up on my radio. They will not take the PIOGM1V2 back because it is not broken (they determined this over teh radio). All I would have to do is the magic combination of resets, turning devices on and off in the right sequence and kill a chicken for good measure.

All of this after futzing around with this thing for more than a week now and a professional installer spending a day with the unit.

Nice customer service SOUNDGATE, make sure you call me when you want to sell me something else in the future.

HappyJack
12-12-2003, 02:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by hinten:
I called Tech Support from Soundgate directly today. They told me: Don't bother trying to connect an RCA plug into the PIOGM1V2 with an XM or CD changer, it WON'T work! You can only connect one RCA device or one or two Pioneer devices, that's it.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I sent them an email a week ago with this exact question! I wanted to have XM and pipe in my DVD player. I never got a response from them. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Cheers

Navigator
12-12-2003, 03:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Klaus:

Rob Putman
President, SoundGate
ph: 307-674-4707 (ext 206)
fx: 866-674-4819
r_putman@soundgate.com
http://www.soundgate.com
m-f 8am - 5pm mst

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I e-mailed Rob (Thanks Klaus) and he promptly emailed back twice today and offered to exchange my V2 for the V3 as soon as they are available. I received very fast and courteous customer service from the boss man.
Rich

2004 H2 Adventure w/Corsa Sport.
2003 Nisan Murano
2003 Lincoln Navigator (for Sale)
2001 Ford Lightning W/mods
1999 F-350 W/mods
1999 Yukon Denali (for sale)

MAC
01-15-2004, 01:28 AM
PIOGM1V2. I read several topics involving PIOGM1V2, but I still can't figure out what does PIOGM1V2 do? The posts are all about installation related problems. It has something to do with your stereo electronic setup, XM, Navigation, etc. I am enter a video purchase and installation phase, I wonder if this PIOGM1V2 is something I need to worry about, or warn the installer about.

In simple layman's term, what is it and what does it do?

Klaus
01-15-2004, 02:33 AM
MAC,

It is an adapter made by Soundgate. It plugs into your truck's wiring between the stereo and the wiring harness. It then has a plug on it that allows Pioneer audio accessories to be plugged into it. These include an XM tuner box, a 6 or 12 CD changer, or another small adapter that has RCA jacks on it to give you an AUX input, like your home stereo. You could plug in a digital music player, for example. The Pioneer accessories would be controlled by your factory stereo.

Unfortunately, these Soundgate adapters have been a disappointment. Lots of problems. In just a few months they are already up to version 3 of the product.

However, there is good news to report. Another company with a much better reputation (Blitzsafe) is working on adapters for GM vehicles like ours. One of the adapters will allow the Delphi Skyfi XM module to be mounted out of sight in the vehicle, and be controlled by the OEM factory stereo. The adapter will be called Skylink.

This is great news, because the Delphi Skyfi unit is portable. You only have to pay for one subscription, and you can move the Skyfi module from car to car, to your house, and even a boom box.

The Blitzsafe Skylink should be available in March or April.

Klaus

Rare 2003 H2 with UM8 Integrated Navigation Radio http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Skull & Bones Member since 2003

MAC
01-15-2004, 03:34 AM
Thanks, Klaus.
I'll just pretend I understood what you said. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif
Most importantly I know I will not mess with it.

HUMMUH
01-15-2004, 05:01 AM
Klaus,

Am I hearing you right that you can keep the delphi xm module under the dash and have the factory unit display and control data on the nav screen? This would enable you to take the delphi display unit permanently out of the H2 and use it in the boom box or home or another vehicle for that matter?

Awesome if thats the deal. Keep me posted on availability.

04 H2,Lux, Nav, Air Suspension, Polished Vortec Supercharger, BP Ram Air Towers, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Dbl. Brushguard, Polished Skid Plate, MC2 Hum-Loc II Wheels, Delphi XM, Rear Tire Mount

Klaus
01-15-2004, 12:09 PM
Hummuh,

Take a look at this thread on the XMFan site:

http://www.xmfan.com/viewtopic.php?t=12623

Klaus

Rare 2003 H2 with UM8 Integrated Navigation Radio http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif
Skull & Bones Member since 2003