PDA

View Full Version : GOT A H3 IN TODAY

Hummertech
04-19-2005, 08:00 PM
We got a H3 in today. We on ly get it for a few days as a demo. This is my report on it. It's a little sluggish compared to the H2, but I wouldn't say it feels under powered. This type of vehicle was made with fuel economy more in mind than blazing acceleration. I guess if you're looking for something fast, you're probably not planning on looking at the H3.
It had very good fit and finish. This one was a base model. It's not as luxuirious as the H2, but it's also half the price. It's pretty nimble and fun to drive. I like it. I'm sure it will be a big seller. I only got to spend a short time in it because we already had customers wanting to see it.

Hummertech
04-19-2005, 08:00 PM
We got a H3 in today. We on ly get it for a few days as a demo. This is my report on it. It's a little sluggish compared to the H2, but I wouldn't say it feels under powered. This type of vehicle was made with fuel economy more in mind than blazing acceleration. I guess if you're looking for something fast, you're probably not planning on looking at the H3.
It had very good fit and finish. This one was a base model. It's not as luxuirious as the H2, but it's also half the price. It's pretty nimble and fun to drive. I like it. I'm sure it will be a big seller. I only got to spend a short time in it because we already had customers wanting to see it.

DRTYFN
04-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Cool. What color? What size tires did it have. AT or manual? Onboard air? How big was the sunroof? Do the rear windows go all the way down?

usetosellhummer
04-19-2005, 08:30 PM
Right on! Our auto show starts Thursday and I will be all over the show truck.

Hummertech
04-19-2005, 09:07 PM
White, at, no sunroof. a/c got real cold, real quick.
To be honest, didn't have a chance to get too much of a drive in since all the salesman and customers were getting all over it.
I'll try to report more later.

killian
04-20-2005, 05:30 PM
You lucky dog...
I talked to my H3 dealer today, he said that they won't be getting any demos in at all. How unfair!

Hummertech
04-21-2005, 10:50 AM
Here are more opinions from me on the H3. Plenty of room both undercarriage and underhood, which I like. It has a top post battery. The drivetrain looks kind of dinky but that's because I'm used to staring at the H2 drivetrain all day. Something that's a little different, the front driveshaft runs under the passenger seat, instead of under the drivers seat like normal. The spare tire attaches directly to the rear gate, so you don't need to open the tire first to open the gate. Cool. Pretty nimble and fun to drive.

H3 Builder
04-23-2005, 12:06 PM
We have always had the front drive shaft off the passenger side all the way back from the S-10.

Hummertech
04-23-2005, 02:17 PM
WOW. I guess it shows how long it's been since I've been working on the smaller stuff.