PDA

View Full Version : Which accessories...?

cactusroper
11-23-2002, 12:36 PM
Where accessories did you order with your H2? Are there any that you wish you would have either ordered or deleted?

cactusroper
11-23-2002, 12:36 PM
Where accessories did you order with your H2? Are there any that you wish you would have either ordered or deleted?

11-23-2002, 06:09 PM
I wanted the best of all worlds. But some options/accessories that increase luxury will reduce off-road capability. So, I got as much off road ability as possible for an H2, and any luxury that didn't detract from that.

This equates to: Luxury Series (leather and chrome pieces), + Air Suspension, + Wrap Around Brush Guard, + Roof Mounted Off-Road Lights (bright), + Taillight Guards, - Tubular Side Steps, + Removeable U-Steps, + Sun Roof

An external spare tire carrier will reduce your departure angle. Tubular Side Steps are for vans and SUVs (the Hummer is not an SUV). And I took the U-Steps off, they'll only go on when I pick up my mother or grandparents. And I think the third-row seat is silly unless you're gonna be carrying 4 kids around.

I wanted the Winch, but I didn't want to lose approach angle. Already someone has integrated one into the front bumper, and I might get one done like it: http://www.4x4hummer.com/h2.html

I did not get the Polished Wheels -- they were not available when I ordered (9/13). But I've seen some come in since, and they are /ugly/. They are not at all like the ones in the printed accessories guide. They do not even say "Hummer".

I was going to get Orange, but the Sunset Orange is really dull and rust colored, not a bright Life Vest / Traffic Cone Orange like I wanted. So I got Pewter instead. Maybe I'll have it painted.

I only like Pewter and Green. I do not like the Sunset Orange or Red. The White and Black are acceptable, and the Yellow is dangerously hip which means it will look dated very quickly (and maybe already?).

[This message was edited by H2X0R on November 23, 2002 at 12:24 PM.]

MAC
11-23-2002, 09:10 PM
All depends on what you plan to do with your Hummer and your personal taste, everyone's answer will be different. I tried off-roads, it didn't grab me as fun things to spend my time on, as such I don't need the air suspension, air compressor, air springs, first aid kit, flashlight, floormats, which I have with adventure pack($2215).
6-disc in-dash CD changer(in Adv pack), not important to me.

Grill lamps($450), rear lamp guards($250), I have but now think maybe without them Hummer looks cleaner, cheaper to buy aftermarket anyway.

Side tube steps and leather seats I have, both very important to entire family.

In hindsight, I could be just as happy and madly in love with my Hummer if I just ordered basic plus leather seats and sied steps. I could have saved $2915 plus $248 sales tax, total saving $3,163. A lot of money wasted. /infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

If I do it again, I will go with basic base, plus steps and leather. If I want any add on stuffs, I can always get them later, there are so many choices out there.

Hummie2
11-24-2002, 04:14 AM
I'm with you MAC. I ordered a white base model with Lux Package and that was only option I ordered. I like the looks of white without the brush guard. MSRP was $51990 (ordered after price increase 11/01/2002) + dealer addons (clear coat/ fabric protection & VIN etch glass) adds $1195. I figure they make about 80% profit on addons. Other dealers in the area were over MSRP when i shoped there, so the addons actually work out to about half of what they show on sticker. I don't do alot of hard core off road anymore and the H2 will go more places with side steps than my Z71 will without them. Base + Lux has all the goodies a over 50yr. old needs. This saves $4k more or less than a decked out rig.

Don

MAC
11-24-2002, 06:15 AM
Well, they got us one way or the other. I have $3000 accessories I don't need, you have clear coat you don't need. I had old price, you had new higher price. My MSRP is $53115. We are even. Doesn't matter, I am more than happy with my purchase.

For our friends who plan to purchase Hummer, my advise is to order with Hummer things which must be factory equipped, such as leather seats, air suspension(if you need them.)

Things like 3rd row seat, tire rack, side steps, grill, extra lamps, disco lights, you can decide after you have the Hummer, and buy them after market if desired at much cheaper prices and install with ease. For many, after 1 month with your new Hummer, you will find out you don't need some of these items which you thought you must have.

h2fan
11-24-2002, 10:54 AM
true mac. i did order the off road lights from the dealer and could have saved 200.00 but if something happens to them you can bet i will be back at the dealer getting them fixed i work close to my dealer have not even got my h2 yet and pretty much know everybody there /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif