PDA

View Full Version : Help!! DVD Player instal, dont want to use FM Modulator

JMV1210
11-27-2004, 08:43 PM
This coming Monday 11/29/04 I am having the Pioneer Avic88, w6210, back –up camera, and dvd player installed. I am keeping the stock radio as of right now.

With that said, the installer has told me that the only way that I can get the sound of the dvd player through the speakers of the Hummer is to use a FM Modulator. He said the only other way is to change out the head unit or to tap into the xm part of the radio. I have a 2004 Hummer, and I am not sure, but think it’s not XM ready.

So before I get this work done my question is, is there a way to get the dvd player to play through the radio outside of changing the radio out?

Am I correct that 2004 models are not XM ready?

What are my options???

JMV1210
This coming Monday 11/29/04 I am having the Pioneer Avic88, w6210, back –up camera, and dvd player installed. I am keeping the stock radio as of right now.

With that said, the installer has told me that the only way that I can get the sound of the dvd player through the speakers of the Hummer is to use a FM Modulator. He said the only other way is to change out the head unit or to tap into the xm part of the radio. I have a 2004 Hummer, and I am not sure, but think it’s not XM ready.

So before I get this work done my question is, is there a way to get the dvd player to play through the radio outside of changing the radio out?

What are my options???

JMV1210

What are my options???

HummMe
11-27-2004, 11:06 PM
They are all XM ready you need the GM XM kit or an interface to hook it up. Why dont you want a modulator? http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif I have had that in a few of my vehicles and have no complaints at all.

HHummer
11-27-2004, 11:07 PM
Best option:
AAI-GM24

You could purchase here:

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pacaaigm24.html

JMV1210
11-28-2004, 12:12 AM
How can I tell the factory head unit is xm ready in my 2004? There is a CD/Aux button.

I just prefer to not have the FM mod, would much prefer hard wiring the sound directly or throught the kit.

Klaus
11-28-2004, 12:11 PM
Yes, all H2s are "XM Ready" using the GM XM Kit.

I would recommend you try this adapter to connect your DVD player:

SVG-707 General Motors Class-II Auxilary Input Adapter (http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=617)

I haven't used one of these, but I am thinking of buying one to use as an AUX input for use with a digital music player.

Note there is a link to the instruction manual in the description.

JMV1210
11-28-2004, 02:40 PM
Klaus,
Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction. It is really appreciated.
Joe