PDA

View Full Version : Gas problems, round 2

devilsfan
01-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Ok, I had the gas tank replaced as per Klaus' TSB about a month ago, and now the tank problem is starting up again - the pump will shut off before I can get a full tank (it has nothing to do with $$ or the station I'm at). Has anyone encountered an alternate problem with the 03s other than the tank that can cause this problem, or did I just get another bum tank?

Thank goodness for warranties.

Stacy

devilsfan
Ok, I had the gas tank replaced as per Klaus' TSB about a month ago, and now the tank problem is starting up again - the pump will shut off before I can get a full tank (it has nothing to do with $$ or the station I'm at). Has anyone encountered an alternate problem with the 03s other than the tank that can cause this problem, or did I just get another bum tank?

Stacy

devilsfan

Stacy

ChuckE
01-03-2005, 05:44 PM
Wasn't the possible cure for this mentioned once before? I seem to remember somebody said that the top vent (a small hose that leads from the top of the tank and vents up near the fill pipe) possibly being blocked.

With the air trapped in the tank and not being able to go out the vent, it must escape through the fill neck. That makes the gas "blurp" up the fill neck and hits the nozzle shut-off.

Hope that will help some. I don't have the problem with my H2, but I had a similar problem with another vehicle.

RIC-H0
01-04-2005, 12:14 AM
Thanks Stacy...I was just about to take mine in, but now I think I'll wait until they get it right with yours before I make a move. Let me know when it's OK to take it in! http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
Did you happen to get one of the H2 loaners that they said they would be getting in?

Ric-H2

devilsfan
01-04-2005, 11:57 AM
I'll keep you updated, Ric....I won't be bringing it in till the end of the month since I don't want to deal with a week with a loaner again. When I brought it in last time, the H2 loaners still weren't in. I had a Trailblazer, which actually wasn't a bad vehicle (except for the lack of heated seats, and I had the truck when we hit the teens for lows, ouch!). I wish they'd get a move on that, they have no probs getting Escalade loaners for the Escalade owners!

Stacy

devilsfan
01-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Just a quick update for you SA folks....I got a call from Roy, who is relocating to Virginia. So we'll be dealing with Craig now for service, which is nice. On my most recent Hummer service survey, I had mentioned that they need H2 loaners. Roy said it's not going to happen....they're dealing exclusively with Enterprise on loaners, and the dealership isn't willing to take the risk on any of it's own fleet. Oh well. http://www.elcova.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Stacy